Motherwell - tick tock ?

EIEIO

STV reporting they need cash from fans ASAP to stop them being bought by an un-named buyer, interesting. Can't do the link sorry.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

STV reporting they need cash from fans ASAP to stop them being bought by an un-named buyer, interesting. Can't do the link sorry.

If Tan Cowan organises any kind of benefit fund-raiser events, I'd make an effort to go and repay him for his efforts with us.

the return of Vlad... how could you do this to us! :)

To be honest it does not surprise me I really don't know how clubs like Hibs, Motherwell, St J, Killie etc survive on the crowds they pull!

Fort Vallance

Why is that bad ?

If Tan Cowan organises any kind of benefit fund-raiser events, I'd make an effort to go and repay him for his efforts with us.

Yup, me too !

Fort Vallance

Why is that bad ?

The lack of any link or the lack of Motherwell in the future?

I mean if the fans don't have the appetite or the resources, why is an undividual or individuals buying the club necessarily a bad thing

Son Of Anarchy

Absolutely. Tam really helped us and I'd gladly repay the favour.

Could it be the owner of an English club, who to get his loan money back needs that team in the Premier league but they won't do it automatically through promotion, and the play offs are a lottery, so buy a club in the top league, fold them, and replace them with the club he lent money to. Or is that 2+2=5?

Surely a mistake..? :o

Didn't they have some fantastic CEO until recently..?

:whistling:

my 1st thought when I seen the thread title :tiny:

I mean if the fans don't have the appetite or the resources, why is an undividual or individuals buying the club necessarily a bad thing

It seems to be that they'll lose or not achieve fan ownership. Depending on the buyer, it may not be a huge nightmare but obviously not preferred.

good shout, would be delighted to help.

She left them in good shape then?

She seems to have a track record.

'Rat leaving a sinking ship' is the phrase I believe.....

Could it be the owner of an English club, who to get his loan money back needs that team in the Premier league but they won't do it automatically through promotion, and the play offs are a lottery, so buy a club in the top league, fold them, and replace them with the club he lent money to. Or is that 2+2=5?

Like your thinking had occurred to work too.

Won't necessarily be a bad thing not my preferred choice based on forty plus years as a Hearts fan.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Motherwell arent that long out of administration correct me if i am wrong?

Was that not back in the late nineties? Maybe early 00s?

Was that not back in the late nineties? Maybe early 00s?

Think it was about 2003-2004. Think Everton got McFadden quite cheap because of it.

Think they might have had 2 administrations unless I'm thinking of Dundee and Livi.

tartofmidlothian

Sorry, I don't buy the "horrible little club hope they go under" mentality.

"Horrible little club hope they stay alive and we thrash them every time we meet."

How about that?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Don't get me wrong, I don't like the town, the shire, the accent, their stadium etc. Nowt really against them as a club though, and one good turn deserves another where Tam is involved.

I'd miss them existing far more than a proper vermin club like Rangers.

Sorry, I don't buy the "horrible little club hope they go under" mentality.

"Horrible little club hope they stay alive and we thrash them every time we meet."

How about that?

Up to you but I hate them and would not miss them one little bit. They also beat up quite a lot if I remember correctly?

Horrible little club hope they go under. Will buy Tam Cowan a pint if they do.

Classless post, very Hibs!

I would have thought that having just been through the administration mill as a club that our fans would have more sympathy with other clubs who may be experiencing the same difficulties.

I would have thought that having just been through the administration mill as a club that our fans would have more sympathy with other clubs who may be experiencing the same difficulties.

Correct, though being a repeat offence, some folk may disagree.

Think it was about 2003-2004. Think Everton got McFadden quite cheap because of it.

Think they might have had 2 administrations unless I'm thinking of Dundee and Livi.

Shame they have been run so poorly. Team should never be in the position for a second or third time in just over a decade.

As been said, not a fan of the town, accent, shire etc but have nothing against the club. Hopefully they get stuff sorted.

Francis Albert

the return of Vlad... how could you do this to us! :)

To be honest it does not surprise me I really don't know how clubs like Hibs, Motherwell, St J, Killie etc survive on the crowds they pull!

These clubs get bigger crowds and (given the level of prices here) certainly larger revenue than most professional football clubs in Europe. Hibs are or should be better off than more than half the professional clubs

in Britain (maybe even in the top third). Financial difficulties are down to mismanagement and failure to control budgets and cash flow. (As we should know!)

I find it shocking how the fans seem so disinterested in the club, the club have kept to a tight budget and worked hard on youth only to have the fans abandon them dispute finishing top 4 regularly. To many glory hunters in that area beating the OF drum.

Some of these posts about Motherwell are ridiculous. Personally have respect for their fans supporting their local team when they could easily turn to the Old Firm. Helped us in dark times so all the best to them if they are in trouble financially

Exactly this. Problem is, one bawbag comment can, and does, imply that is the general consensus of many which is often well off the truth!

I for one wouldn't miss these petty minded wee fannys one tiny bit if they suddenly stopped coming to football.

William H. Bonney

Exactly this. Problem is, one bawbag comment can, and does, imply that is the general consensus of many which is often well off the truth!

I for one wouldn't miss these petty minded wee fannys one tiny bit if they suddenly stopped coming to football.

True. People in glass houses. We were in a perilous position ourselves and several clubs showed their support. Tam Cowan, although not representing Motherwell, stood tall. I have no ill feelings towards them. Rangers however, are a different kettle of fish.

Most of us do tbh.

I'd make an exception for the OF and the Lochend vermin though.

Prince Buaben

Wouldn't wish what we went through on anybody.. Well except that lot over the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of us do tbh.

I'd make an exception for the OF and the Lochend vermin though.

:spoton:

This is where I'm at with things.

queensferryjambo

Hopefully Motherwell can get through this unscathed.

If fan ownership doesn't work out for them then hopefully the unnamed buyer will be a positive thing for them anyway.

Good luck to them.

infact all crowds are down ,Are they not? including Celts and Gers oops sorry better not call them that, mhanks and Sevco...ours must be the only one that's increased..no?

The_razors_edge

I hope they go in to admin and finish bottom of the league...I've got ?20 on them at 66/1 to finish bottom of the league

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Where I lost respect for Well. The two cup ties directly after Phil O'Donnell. We offered maximum respect and were met with nothing but vitriol in the replay. Thought we deserved some respect at such a time. Can't really get that out of mind with Motherwell.

I hope they go in to admin and finish bottom of the league...I've got ?20 on them at 66/1 to finish bottom of the league

Is the bet still OK if they get a points deduction by going into admin or do you lose? I am not a betting man so just curious.

The_razors_edge

Is the bet still OK if they get a points deduction by going into admin or do you lose? I am not a betting man so just curious.

Should be. Bet was placed back in august. Just unfortunate for the bookie if the worst happens and they go in to admin. An ITK 'well fan at work told me they needed to find 400k by November or they were going in to admin. Don't know if today's news supports that or not?

infact all crowds are down ,Are they not? including Celts and Gers oops sorry better not call them that, mhanks and Sevco...ours must be the only one that's increased..no?

Think you mean THE Rangers lol.

Archived