How many times...

The People's Chimp

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest oldcastlerock2012

Love how the Hibs fans are singing away as he strides forward and then it's replaced by our massive roar.

Genuinely must be over 100 times for me.

No even slightly ashamed of that either.

Stop watching it and get on with this week's podcast. Unless you can multi-task.

Snake Plissken

51k views on YouTube already this one. Hambone's will have a fair few too I imagine!

Another pleasing instance of the numbers 5 and 1 coming together.

:jjyay:

If you pause the Sportscene footage of the replay from behind Ozturk at the point when the ball is above the keepers hand there is not a single fan showing any anticipation that it's going in. Normally there are few who move early when a goal is scored from long range but not this time.

If you pause the Sportscene footage of the replay from behind Ozturk at the point when the ball is above the keepers hand there is not a single fan showing any anticipation that it's going in. Normally there are few who move early when a goal is scored from long range but not this time.

That 'this can't be real/happening' moments? The big inhale/hold your breath before you explode in delirium moment? Also, I suspect at that height (below or at crossbar level) it would be hard to tell.

The People's Chimp

From where we were standing there was that delay, but also a sense of "knowing our luck, it's going to bounce back off the line and out." There was that slightly delayed reaction waiting to see it hit the net and then it was scenes.

From where I was standing in the front row, I thought it was going well over, i was stunned when it hit the bar then I have no idea what happened when I seen it hit the roof of the net. Absolute carnage.

chuck berrys hairline

Also like the fact that it's miles over the line when it bounces :) never in doubt B)

Cardiac Rucksack

We were surrounded by shouts of "don't hit it from th......OH YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS".

My exact words were "what the **** are you do......YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS"

loveofthegame

It might sound daft but I love the sound as much as the footage...

Hibs fans giving it big licks as Bauben picks up the ball, as he beats Stanton they realise we are on the attack for 1 last time and a hush falls over their fans, Alim lines up the shot and you can hear a pin drop, it cracks the bar, bounces around the line and bounces into the top of the net. At that split second sheer bedlam breaks out and the roar is deafening.

It is absolutely bloody GLORIOUS!

I've cut all my shins from the bounce. So worth it.

loveofthegame

My exact words were "what the **** are you do......YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS"

Exactly the same - "DONT FU****G..... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS"

If you watch it from the angle behind Alim it looks like the shots getting higher and higher and only starts to dip as it goes over Oxley.

Think a lot of people expected it to go over until the last second.

To the right of the hibs player with his head in his hands is there a person in the crowd wearing a white bikers helmet ?

That'll be The Stig, a lifelong jambo. Couldn't get a ticket for the away end so ended up in with the losers. Grinning like a cheshire cat under the helmet.

had very little internet whilst on my holidays but the goal must have been stored in my phone's internet history so i watched it hundreds upon hundreds of times whilst on public transport. I made a point of, every time we were at a supposedly interesting site or venue, saying very earnestly to my wife, "wow. that's just...it's just incredible", only for her to find me staring at Alim's strike on my phone.

BEST HOLIDAY EVER.

Im still shouting no before he hits it!

To be honest, I'm in Row F just behind the goal and I'm still wincing in embarrassment for Alim as the ball goes over Oxley's arm - it still looked as if it was sailing miles over from there. Will never forget the colossal thwack off the bar and then the unbridled joy as it bounces back up into the roof of the net. Unbelievable scenes.

That 'this can't be real/happening' moments? The big inhale/hold your breath before you explode in delirium moment? Also, I suspect at that height (below or at crossbar level) it would be hard to tell.

we all thought it was going over

Gets better.

Alim could do open sessions with the fans to show us that technique. Teach us "the Ozturk".

Ann could charge.

Needs to do it again to show Stubbs and the rest. Fluke my a*se.

Craig Gordons Gloves

I've been watching and watching and watching... alternating between this version and the version with Laurie Dunsire losing his mind and Jimmy Sandison repeating "my goodness me, my goodness me".

I also enjoy pausing it at the moment it goes to Stubbs' face.

Dr Ian Malcolm

The thwack off the underside of the bar just as everyone went silent makes it for me. Everything about that goal has such a satisfying combination for all the senses.

Alim knows how to turn on 3800 people with his right foot, the sensual rascal that he is.

Easily 100. I watched the first video (a shaky hand-held picture) for about 10 minutes non-stop.

My neighbour has just been telling me it was only because of the wind that he scored! Typical hibee! Telt him it's no fluke it's honestly the best goal iv ever seen canny stop watching it what a star!

Can anyone pause the video 0.23 and sceeenshot it? Won't let me on my phone but some of the reactions are fantastic!

No idea how many times, but each one is just as good as the first time. That and watching the video of When I was young over and over again.

I've been watching and watching and watching... alternating between this version and the version with Laurie Dunsire losing his mind and Jimmy Sandison repeating "my goodness me, my goodness me".

I also enjoy pausing it at the moment it goes to Stubbs' face.

I've not heard that version. Could you post it please.

Watched it at least 50+ times and its for keeps on my sky box. Seriously one of the best ever hearts goals considering the circumstances. Will never get fed up of it.

1) Like others, easily 100 times.

2) I was going to make a new thread for this, but I'll just stick it here. Was flicking through the channels last night and stopped on Univision (the USA's main Spanish-language channel) as they often have highlights of MLS and Liga MX games from the weekend. They were in the middle of their 'Los diez magn?ficos', basically a top ten of the best sporting moments from the previous day. Just after a nifty catch from a Chicago Bears player at no. 3, a familiar clip turned up:

https://vimeo.com/110299015

:)

BonnyriggSectionG

Watched the video 100s of times already and it will be even higher by the end of the week.

Still have the image in my mind of at the game. I was 4 rows up a wee bit right of the goals, if your in the stand, and was turned facing the goals. My view was pretty close to the pitch so I had no idea how far he'd actually hit it from and I seen him line up to shoot and as well as most of the people around me I shouted "Nah don't shoot from there" and as it hit the bar and bounced in absolute scenes ensued and I felt like a tit for ever doubting Alim.

scots civil war

in our end,theres a pair of white shoes that jumps about 4 ft in the air when the ball hits the roof of the net

i would pay to see the `bucket of worms ` routine from us lot ,y know a frontal on our end goin potty

The Apprentice

Me and my brother were just above the level of the crossbar and thinking back I still can't believe it actually went in. The silence as the ball travelled towards us and the bedlam as soon as the net ripples, incredible stuff. Oxley is just absolutely no where near it!

2) I was going to make a new thread for this, but I'll just stick it here. Was flicking through the channels last night and stopped on Univision (the USA's main Spanish-language channel) as they often have highlights of MLS and Liga MX games from the weekend. They were in the middle of their 'Los diez magn?ficos', basically a top ten of the best sporting moments from the previous day. Just after a nifty catch from a Chicago Bears player at no. 3, a familiar clip turned up:

What the hell was number 1 ??

What kind of speed do you think that ball was going at.

Watching it again in real time and that thing is moving!

Took off his boot like one of Rory McIroys drives.

I honestly don't think we will see a better Hearts goal in our life time. 40 yards out and the best keeper in the world would still have had no chance!

Here you go. Enjoy!

Wonderful, thank you. One is loosing it and the other if laughing. Perfect lol.

Great post, Subz must be hurting knowing that freak goal has gone all around the world.

Ive got it recorded on my sky box, i rewind it to the 90th min to see the wee hobbit kids gasp in horror as they see its 4 mins....turn it up as loud as poss and let it run. goosebumps everytime

So many emotions changed in a split second. That's why we love football. You just don't get these moments in any other sport. You can celebrate a hole in one, a 9 darter or hitting a home run but it's not nearly the same. Your centre back nailing a 40 yarder to salvage local pride and stop your rivals ending your unbeaten record. It's a special feeling.

The way it dips late in the trajectory...my word. The lack of spin on the ball will always make it unpredictable in the air, and this is coming from a keeper with hundreds of games at decent level. You see it happen a bit nowadays where the keeper reckons they've got it covered off the boot, then it'll change flight in the air and the keeper is suddenly fecked. For Alim's to squeeze in just under the bar, with Oxley correctly positioned, it's just amazing. At that distance, no keeper should be back on their line - Oxley didn't do much wrong here, it's just an amazing shot.

scots civil war

just watched it 5 times this mornin allready

the hearts tv cameraman should be ******* shot for not cutting to our end when the ball hits the net

Archived