Today's performance - feedback needed

Ulysses

No, not Hearts - JKB. :ninja:

We had problems with the performance of the server during a couple of consecutive away games. Members were reporting a lot of slow responses and internal server error messages. We made some changes to improve the peak capacity of the server and we've had no complaints up to today.

How do you think the board performed today? Feedback appreciated.

No, not Hearts - JKB. :ninja:

We had problems with the performance of the server during a couple of consecutive away games. Members were reporting a lot of slow responses and internal server error messages. We made some changes to improve the peak capacity of the server and we've had no complaints up to today.

How do you think the board performed today? Feedback appreciated.

I tried to get on a half time and got 1 server error message. Apart from that it seemed to be working fine. A bit slow but that was probably my mobile reception rather than the site.

Not great. It's only during away games that I notice it, but it's not the smoothest.

Is it just slow, or are you getting error messages?

Couldnt get on for about 20mins after game.

Thanks for that.

We're looking for specifics like the above if possible; information about what problems you encountered and the times they happened.

We've done a few things to stretch the capacity of the server at peak times, but we're also trying to do something that we couldn't contemplate before our hardware upgrade in the summer, which is to keep the board open for all members and guests at the busiest times.

That's a tricky balancing act, hence why we're looking for feedback.

Thanks for that.

We're looking for specifics like the above if possible; information about what problems you encountered and the times they happened.

We've done a few things to stretch the capacity of the server at peak times, but we're also trying to do something that we couldn't contemplate before our hardware upgrade in the summer, which is to keep the board open for all members and guests at the busiest times.

That's a tricky balancing act, hence why we're looking for feedback.

I seem to recall we would not allow guests during the busiest periods?

I seem to recall we would not allow guests during the busiest periods?

We upgraded our hardware during the summer, and we're trying to get the most we can out of the increased capacity. Sometimes blocking guests can be a bit of a false economy, because all it does is force members to log in rather than browsing as guests.

How did you find the performance of the board this afternoon?

500 server message a couple of times and occasionally slow which as this was my main update for today was a bit frustrating. I'm using the wifi in my apartment so not on Vodaphone Cellular

Like others have said, there were a couple of times when the server error appeared-think there might have been one just after Hibs scored (can't be sure of that though) and again around the time of our goal.

Didn't load a couple of times either- again toward the end of the game.

kingantti1874

500 server message a couple of times and occasionally slow during the game and just after

This but a quick refresh sorted it

We upgraded our hardware during the summer, and we're trying to get the most we can out of the increased capacity. Sometimes blocking guests can be a bit of a false economy, because all it does is force members to log in rather than browsing as guests.

How did you find the performance of the board this afternoon?

Fine apart from the Error Messages when moving from one thread to another!

Thanks for the updates.

My sense of this is that it was a bit dodgy today - not as bad as the worst days (September 13th away to Dumbarton; October 4th away to QoS), but worse than October 11th away to Alloa when we got no reports from members of any problems.

Also, the good news is that the server didn't fall over despite the fact that access was open to everyone; but the bad news is that the problems seemed to spike:

- when they scored;

- half-time;

- when the red card was issued;

- from when we scored up to about 20 mins after the final whistle.

If I've missed anything in the above summary please post to say so.

500 server message a couple of times and occasionally slow which as this was my main update for today was a bit frustrating. I'm using the wifi in my apartment so not on Vodaphone Cellular

same here. my internet is absolute rank down this way tho.

About 10 mins after fulltime, I got the Tynecastle Topics page to load but got the 500 server error message when I clicked on The Terrace.

I went back a page and tried again with no problems.

I didn't access Kickback during the game as I had to watch it online.

I was at work so was on quite a bit for updates.

Only one instance of internal server problem.

Other than that the site ran fine for me today

I know it might be a long shot, but did anyone who got a "500 internal server error" message by any chance get a screenshot of it?

I got the server message a couple of times, this was accompanied by a bit of a delay getting on the match thread ,not really enough to say anything if you hadn't asked.

WorldChampions1902

I'm using an IPad and thought the probs were because I still haven't installed a recently received software update. Looks like it was a JKB server problem after all that? My symptoms persisted for more than an hour after the final whistle and consisted of very slow building of pages as I scrolled down threads.

Keep up the good work and it's great to see the Admins asking for feedback to improve the service!

WorldChampions1902

I know it might be a long shot, but did anyone who got a "500 internal server error" message by any chance get a screenshot of it?

I got a few of these but didn't get a screenshot.

JKB performance? Absolutely embarrassing, bunch of arseholes.

Oh, you mean the server!

Have seen errors on previous game days but didn't get any today. Smooth sailing from this end.

We've made some more tweaks, and we'll see how things go when our next away game happens.

Yesterday there were 3,700 posts, and it was our busiest day since the day the club exited administration last May.

Archived