Morgaro Gomis...one of the most complete central midfielders we've ever had

droid

Boy just oozes class.

Is he one of the best central midfielders we've had at the famous?

On a side note how couldn't he get a game at the Dundee Hibernians????

He is a very good player and has been excellent this season. Bit early to label him one of our best ever central midfielders especially when we are playing in a lower league.

Him and the Prince are both different class! One of the best central pairings I've ever seen at tynie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could do with scoring a few more if I'm nit picking.

Rasper to beat the s***e would be magic

J Cheever Loophole

Wait til we're in the Spl before comparing.

Sunday will do for me D4. They've been a great help in developing the young un's. Feckin love them!

Creepy Lurker

Top three in my lifetime have been MacFarlane, Cameron and Hartley. He's a good player but not on their level.

Top three in my lifetime have been MacFarlane, Cameron and Hartley. He's a good player but not on their level.

He's almost as consistent as you.

Some folk really need to calm down :lol:

Best we've ever had? Nah, nowhere near. He's only played about 10 games.

Some folk really need to calm down :lol:

Best we've ever had? Nah, nowhere near. He's only played about 10 games.

Agreed, we should wait until he's played at least 12

What I would say though is that I can't think of many midfielders who have had such an impact. Thinking back to favourites like Cameron, Hartley and Fulton all took a wee while to really become fans favourites.

Only the five

A genuine question for everyone. Lets say Gomis becomes a league winner or scottish cup winner with us in the near future could it help him be put in that bracket of one of our best or up there with them. Like he stays with us 4-5 years we win a scottish cup and people look back on " i that margaro gomis was some player scottish cup winner etc etc "Or do we just appreciate the type of player weve got here whatever happens?

For what its worth i think hes a great player and could prove to be our top signing this season. Lost count the amount of games ive came from and thought gomis was a standout.

queensferryjambo

Great player at this level. No point in getting carried away though.

Should have more shots at goal - he has the ability to hit good long range shots.

I don't think we would be where we are if it wasn't for gomis and bauben. They make it look more exciting and have more class than most of the players in our league. They work incredibly well together and it will be partly down to these guys for us going back up.

I'm assuming that MacFarlane is a joke? In the same-ish era there are a number of other midfielders that would be ahead e.g. Fulton

i wish jj was my dad

Not going to pretend he's at the same level as Hartley, Cameron or Aguiar but I'm struggling to think of anybody I'd rather see playing in front of back 4.

Sunday will do for me D4. They've been a great help in developing the young un's. Feckin love them!

agree bud, I suppose they've already proved themselves previously at Utd but when they've both had spells out of the picture , I suppose they are proving themselves all over again.

They've certainly contributed greatly in a short time already at Hearts and are hugely influential. I only hope it continues and more once we return to the Spl.

Creepy Lurker

I'm assuming that MacFarlane is a joke? In the same-ish era there are a number of other midfielders that would be ahead e.g. Fulton

:cornette:

Neil MacFarlane is one of the most complete midfielders ever to have worn the maroon. Don't really see how anyone could question that tbh.

Neil MacFarlane is one of the most complete midfielders ever to have worn the maroon. Don't really see how anyone could question that tbh.

Was it the mazy dribbling, range of spectacular passing, explosive burst of pace, reliable goalscoring or box to box dynamism that made him complete for you? :D

Allowayjambo1874

Boy just oozes class.

I know this might sound daft but Gomis and Bauben seemed to have played their best football when they have played alongside each other. Both went south from Dundee Utd to Birmingham & Watford respectively, probably on very good money and their careers seem to have gone steadily down since then. Bauben played for Partick last season and I cannot recall anyone raving about him at the time. Being reunited and playing at a lower level seems to have revitalized them and the confidence is now flowing through them and it is showing in their performances.

No-one can say after 10 games that Gomis is one of the best but if his performances remain at this standard when we start playing against better teams and he helps us to win things then he may be one helluva good signing.

Wonder how he will perform if Bauben leaves at end of season (only got him on a one year contract).

There is no doubt that both Gomis and Prince are way beyond Championship class and we are fortunate to have an established pairing like that in our team. We need to see what Gomis can do for us in the top flight before making a judgement of where he sits in the all timers list.

What he does have is superb attitude, commitment and sheer professionalism, on top of his ability, and I have no doubt he has what it takes to eventually earn his place amongst our legends if he continues to do the business over the coming seasons.

For what it's worth, he's my player of the season so far.

Boy just oozes class.

Pretty sure we were saying similar things about a certain Mr Kingston after a similar amount of games!

I'm a fan too but let's not get carried away just yet

jack D and coke
Proper :wtf: that he's playing in this league.

I'm well surprised too. Goes to show that most of our coaches and managers in Scotland haven't got a clue what a player looks like like when they see one.

Agreed, some real roasters on this board! I think Dave McKay may be the closest we've ever had to emulating Neil's all round brilliance in midfield.

He's a good player. Very good at this level. I wouldn't place him near a top ten of midfielders I've seen at Hearts tbh.

Come on then, name 10 better than the magnificent Morgaro.

Creepy Lurker

Agreed, some real roasters on this board! I think Dave McKay may be the closest we've ever had to emulating Neil's all round brilliance in midfield.

Good post. I'm too young to have seen Dave Mackay, but by all accounts he played the MacFarlane role (if that's not an anachronism given tactical differences etc) brilliantly. Can't compare the two, but what's beyond doubt is that both are club legends. :)

Very good player. At this level so far anyway, let's hope he can keep it up next year in the premiership.

Are we talking compete midfielders or club legends here?

Frankly, MacFarlane was neither, he was a limited but enthusiastic footballer. He knew his limitations, played within them and did his job well.

I personally liked him a lot but it's absurd to say he's a complete midfielder or a club legend imo

One of the top ten I've ever seen at Tynie.

May be even higher after a full season.

Tell you what else,......... although he has only played 8 games or so his level of consistency so far is astonishing.

Unbelievable first touch too.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

Come on then, name 10 better than the magnificent Morgaro.

Name 10 better midfielders for Hearts than Gomis (who is doing a fantastic job by the way) you say? In my time watching Hearts...

Cameron

Hartley

Skacel

Aguiar

Mackay

Fulton

Flogel

Derek Ferguson

Salvatori

Bannon

Honourable mentions:

Galloway

John Millar

Severin

Gomis is on the way but has to do it in the top league and for longer to get into the top 10.

He is a very good player and has been excellent this season. Bit early to label him one of our best ever central midfielders especially when we are playing in a lower league.
this

Few of my "Dundee Hibernian" mates who are season ticket holders said from the very start that hes good player with a good work rate, didnt realise how good he was though, again he has to do it on the big stage but infairness he can only play infront of the teams that are put against him.

One of the top ten I've ever seen at Tynie.

May be even higher after a full season.

Tell you what else,......... although he has only played 8 games or so his level of consistency so far is astonishing.

Unbelievable first touch too.

Agreed. His control is absolutely amazing and so good to watch following the more "industrial" midfielders we were subjected to last season.

I dont recall him ever being a real stand out when playing against us. However, I cannot recall us ever having a player that manages to "pickpocket" the ball away from other players.

Winning the ball half way up the park has helped us enormously this season. Contrast that to last year where we barely managed a tackle in midfield.

Archived