Hearts today announce new Non Executive Director

WASTREL

Kevin Windram has today been appointed a Non Executive Director.

Assume we are going to tap into his corporate fundraising skills attained in the leisure industry??

Bridge of Djoum

Cheers. My googling skills need work.

Oh I didn't Google him, I just always have him on cut and paste in case your question ever came up.

Today was my lucky day.

Tayside Jambo

Appointed as a non-executive director according to SSN.

Anyone know who he is?

As I'm not a businessman, what does that term actually mean he will do?

Tayside Jambo

Oh I didn't Google him, I just always have him on cut and paste in case your question ever came up.

Today was my lucky day.

What are you going to do now that you have served your purpose?

Today was my lucky day.

Who'd have thunk it!

...a bit disco

Interesting addition. Seems to have some financial expertise and wherewithal.

Welcome aboard Kev!

Francis Albert

Not a member of the management team, as Executive Directors are - main role typically is to attend board meetings, providing some semi-independent supervision of the Exec members ("keeping them honest" in

crude terms), particularly on corporate governance issues (they often head the board remuneration committee) but also inputting their experience to all Board decisions and deliberations. May be part time advisers on specific areas (as may be the case here). At least that's my experience.

Tayside Jambo

He's sits in the board but unlike others he's not part of the management team. He'll be expected to bring a fresh pair of eyes at that level. He'll sit on the board and help shape strategy etc but he won't be part of undertaking it.

It's pretty common.

So in a simplistic way, puts his opinion in and sits back while others carry it out?

Bridge of Djoum

I was looking at those earlier...

What sort of magician are you?

Average TBH..But outstanding Google skills.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

More like a board member in all but name to stop certain folk moaning and whinging about protocol and statements made in the past. Clever stuff by the guvnors.

More like a board member in all but name to stop certain folk moaning and whinging about protocol and statements made in the past. Clever stuff by the guvnors.

Eh wut.

Francis Albert

I wonder if you are getting the FoH board and HMFC board confused? I am not aware of any protocol or previous statements relating to the latter.

Not a member of the management team, as Executive Directors are - main role typically is to attend board meetings, providing some semi-independent supervision of the Exec members ("keeping them honest" in

crude terms), particularly on corporate governance issues (they often head the board remuneration committee) but also inputting their experience to all Board decisions and deliberations. May be part time advisers on specific areas (as may be the case here). At least that's my experience.

Sounds like your dream job FA!

Good guy. Great addition to the club.

I agree. I know Kevin (and his Jambo family) and have no doubt at all that this is a first class appointment.

Sent from my iPhone on giffgaff

So, can we assume that non-executive directors have not been, and are still not, a high priority at Rangers / The Rangers then...? :gangsta:

Bridge of Djoum

What am I looking at now then Mr Partley

Something bordering on illegal I'd imagine.

is Scott Gardiner still around? What's his role?

I don't know if Scott's formal position role has ever been announced apart from joining the management team, and taking on some of David Southern's duties.

As a stab in the dark, I think he is being primed as our next CEO once AB decides to leave.

Windsor Whites

I agree. I know Kevin (and his Jambo family) and have no doubt at all that this is a first class appointment.

Sent from my iPhone on giffgaff

Hope all goes well Kevin ...great guy and wonderful family ...only has Hearts interests at ?....

scott herbertson

The main point, which is implied but not stated above, is that unlike Executive Directors he does not have a vote, as I understand it

best of both worlds - benefit of his experience at little if any cost

Good lad is Kevin. Have known him a long time and worked with him for a few years at AY.

The old boys network certainly support him. What's his KB username? I'll make my judgement when I have that information.

Archived