Winter coats

The People's Chimp

The People's Chimp

It's getting to that time of year again, when we can grab the heavy coats and jackets from the cupboard and start wrapping up. Good times.

Anything caught your eye Kickback?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

322061.jpg

Try this Fjallraven one on yesterday but fear it'll be too warm to get enough wear out of it, making it hard to justify the 400-odd notes it's going for.

Will probably stick with the Schott peacoat for another year - benefit of coming home is nobody knows how long you've had it for :laugh:

It's still September FFS :muggy:

Got myself a nice Shug Boss number in January so no need to hit the shops here, will be hoping to leave it at least another couple weeks before having to pull it out the wardrobe though.

The People's Chimp

322061.jpg

Try this Fjallraven one on yesterday but fear it'll be too warm to get enough wear out of it, making it hard to justify the 400-odd notes it's going for.

Will probably stick with the Schott peacoat for another year - benefit of coming home is nae c&nt knows how long you've had it for :laugh:

It's pretty nice. Cheaper alternative being the carhartt anchorage which I picked up which is about ?185 or thereabouts. It's so ****ing warm, it was only wearable about 10 days last year.

Love this thread and the annual horrors that ensue.

:jjyay:

322061.jpg

Will probably stick with the Schott peacoat for another year - benefit of coming home is nobody knows how long you've had it for :laugh:

I wear Fjallraven trousers a lot for work and you will be hard to find a better quality outdoor brand out there. With this in mind, 400 quid for a jacket that's designed for Scandinavian winters is probably a bit OTT for Scotland.

North Face stuff is hellish overpriced.

I think it is a recycling winter, spend my coat money on drycleaning for existing ones and get my proper outdoor coat reproofed.

I've got 3 or 4 winter coats I really like and no room for additions. Italian cashmere overcoat I bought in Bologna a few years ago that is timeless, a Schott military style khaki, a One True Saxon black heavy cotton number and a North Face 3 in 1.

chuck berrys hairline

Ted Baker mate. Picked it up in jenners

I got a fantastic parker out of Ted Baker at Livingston about 6/8 years ago. Was ?150 reduced from ?380. Still wearing it in cold weather when I need to. Starting to fade abit. Any ideas to restore the colour?

:lol: It's ******* roasting out there.

Will prob just stay roasting too over the next few months because that's how life works. :cornette:

I got a charcoal Barbour jacket from Xile a month or so ago that should do me for the winter. This but in charcoal and only cost 75 notes: http://www.xileclothing.com/product/Barbour_Jackets_BARBOUR_ARIEL_POLARQUILT_Jacket_BLACK_16742_0_0_1.html

I'm still cutting about in t-shirts though so not had much chance to wear it yet.

Will prob just stay roasting too over the next few months because that's how life works. :cornette:

Well, it will do if folks wear half the selection of stuff posted here. :cornette:

I tend to prefer a shite wee rain jacket for such climes. But then I'm not overly fussed about whether I'm picked up to star as an extra in the next Ice Age : Back to Scotland movie.

Well, it will do if folks wear half the selection of stuff posted here. :cornette:

I tend to prefer a shite wee rain jacket for such climes. But then I'm not overly fussed about whether I'm picked up to star as an extra in the next Ice Age : Back to Scotland movie.

Another really strange comment.

Believe it or not, it's cold in Scotland during the winter.

Due to this, some people like to wear jackets that will keep them warm.

Hence this thread was created for suggestions on winter jackets.

Another really strange comment.

Believe it or not, it's cold in Scotland during the winter.

Due to this, some people like to wear jackets that will keep them warm.

Hence this thread was created for suggestions on winter jackets.

Sorry. I feel like a tit now.

Was quite tempted by a few macs i've seen when out and about, but i think they'll be pretty popular so would prefer to hold off on one for a bit.

Look no further than Canada Goose.

wholesale-discount-canada-goose-down-jacket-ef258gq-canada-goose-men-jackets-coats-canada-goose-jackets-coats-style-fashion.jpgFOGN.jpg

The price of these is ridiculous. I got an h&m copy for ?40. Does the job in Scotland

CP and Stone Island make very good jackets.

It's the stigma that comes with them puts me off buying one.

Stone island jackets are very smart but it's the badge I can't deal with as I'm in my 40s so I don't bother

Stone island jackets are very smart but it's the badge I can't deal with as I'm in my 40s so I don't bother

take the badge off

Are folk actually arguing that it might not be cold enough for a winter jacket?

Liking them Canada Goose fellys.

Guest C00l K1d

Was quite tempted by a few macs i've seen when out and about, but i think they'll be pretty popular so would prefer to hold off on one for a bit.

Give me a shout on this thread if anything catches your eye.

Pretty tempted by one the more and more I look

Bridge of Djoum

The price of these is ridiculous. I got an h&m copy for ?40. Does the job in Scotland

Yeah, they are pricey. I think a winter jacket is like a small investment though. And it's a lot colder here in winter than Scotland, for the most part.

Geoff Kilpatrick

A thread that is always a worthwhile read whilst wearing shorts and flip flops :)

• 11 months later...
Bridge of Djoum

I just bought a new SI jacket for the winter. They do make great jackets. 

Luckily over here, there is no stigma attached. A few folk have commented on my other SI coats and asked about them. I still say Canada Goose is the best, despite the price.

Archived