Can we put it to bed now?

Bauld

Can we now end the rangers love in?

All those who think "Rangers will win the league because they are rangers"

Rangers are rank as ****. They will win more games than they lose but we are stronger in every part of the pitch.

Boyd, Miller, Daly are done.

McCulloch done

Moshni pish

McGregor pish

Peralta pish

Its a myth that has died and it died 2 years ago. People need to let go of what is now the past. They are nothing but ordinary until such a time as they recieve heavy investment but it is now too late for this season.

King of the North

We are the best team in this division by a country mile.

It's all about us. If our heads are right the title is ours. And we have the management in place to ensure that our heads are exactly right.

BELIEVE

I'm not saying we don't have work to do but some act like we are not good enough compared to them.

We are the best team in the league. That is cold hard fact.

It's all about us. If our heads are right the title is ours. And we have the management in place to ensure that our heads are exactly right.

BELIEVE

^

BELIEVE

I think what's most important is our level of consistency so far with what is in general a very new group of players. We should get better and are definitely the most threatening going forward when you consider all our attacking options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we aren't even 1/4 of the way through the league yet, lets calm the jets and leave rangers as the media's favourites. if we are still this far ahead come april we can start to believe rather than hope.......

The_razors_edge
Fat Sally's sacking might put a spanner in the works

It'll also put the Huns in admin and incur a points deduction. Win-win for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UnbelievableJeff

BELIEVE

We are certainly the 'form' team by a mile at the minute. The 'best' team gets decided over the course of a season and it wins the league and the outcome is never wrong.

If we continue the 'form' to Christmas and beyond we'll be a long way ahead and barring a total collapse we will end up as the proven best team and of course, the champions.

We have made a great start. Other results are habitually going for us and we are looking very good. But this has to be worked for for a good few months yet before it turns into the stroll that many think it is already.

Feet on the ground. No complacency. No mistakes. No holding back. No feet off the gas. Professional execution of matches week after week. Anything else and they will come back to us.

King Of The Cat Cafe

If we can maintain or even widen the gap over the next few games, they will be really under pressure when they come to Tynecastle at the end of November.

I'll never discount an opponent until the job is done but Rangers are truly woeful.

Devoid of creativity or know how against a bit organisation and fight from a rival. Two or three nothing passes then a launch forward time and time again.

You can't always avoid an odd long ball but it seemed like their only option. Truly poor stuff and long may it continue.

Severely exposed for pace at the back on the counter too.

Rangers will drop more points in the next few months. You can bank on that. If we can keep consistent and do them at tynie in late November we'll be in great shape.

:pleasing:

We are certainly the 'form' team by a mile at the minute. The 'best' team gets decided over the course of a season and it wins the league and the outcome is never wrong.

If we continue the 'form' to Christmas and beyond we'll be a long way ahead and barring a total collapse we will end up as the proven best team and of course, the champions.

We have made a great start. Other results are habitually going for us and we are looking very good. But this has to be worked for for a good few months yet before it turns into the stroll that many think it is already.

Feet on the ground. No complacency. No mistakes. No holding back. Professional execution of matches week after week. Anything else and they will come back to us.

I think this is correct. I also think that with the experience of Levein up the stairs there will be no complacency. We have a pool of players so rotation is always possible(barring a host of injuries) This will keep a freshness and competitive feel about the place. Lastly we should potray a superior attitude and confidence to others. We're certainly good enough to win the league.

UnbelievableJeff

I'll never discount an opponent until the job is done but Rangers are truly woeful.

Devoid of creativity or know how against a bit organisation and fight from a rival. Two or three nothing passes then a launch forward time and time again.

You can't always avoid an odd long ball but it seemed like their only option. Truly poor stuff and long may it continue.

Severely exposed for pace at the back on the counter too.

All true, but still there are only two teams in this league who won't shit it against them when the chips are down and even an average performance will usually get them the points. They are good enough to win quite a lot of games in this league. Livingston and others are seriously poor teams. We just have to keep our eye on the ball and consistently beat these teams, because Rangers will more often than not.

Fat Sally's sacking might put a spanner in the works

They can't afford to sack him. I'm sure I read here that that sevco must pay his contract up in full if they do. It would finish them

UnbelievableJeff

They can't afford to sack him. I'm sure I read here that that sevco must pay his contract up in full if they do. It would finish them

They can put him on gardening leave a la Butcher. They could afford that and I think they will have to because he's been utterly found out.

Having been at Dens in 86 I reckon I'll wait til we are mathematically promoted before cracking open the champagne.

I agree, lessons from the past I suppose but it's not being negative to use it as an example like you have. It's called experience.

There's a balance to everything and while you have to have full belief in yourself you also have to be wary of complacency. As we all know football can turn quickly if you let the focus slip.

Rangers are poor but they'll come back fighting, however it might still not be enough. But let's not assume that, we just need to keep believing in ourselves ,playing with the same level of application and desire and I'm confident we'll be well in the mix for the title come the last dozen matches.

We're doing well but I'll wait till after the New Year and the January transfer window before I'd make any predictions.

BELIEVE

This in spades but luck will also play a part. Injuries and suspensions are the only real worry because none of the other teams are!

They could stick him on gardening leave and get somebody relatively cheap in.

we aren't even 1/4 of the way through the league yet, lets calm the jets and leave rangers as the media's favourites. if we are still this far ahead come april we can start to believe rather than hope.......

Sorry but I am very much believing rather than hoping. I believe we will win the League. I hope we will win the Cup.

Don't take my OP as over confidence that we are going to win the league.

My point is it is not Rangers league to win. It is our league to lose. They aren't winning this based on their historical status which is what some people seem to have in their heads.

I believe in our club 100%

UnbelievableJeff

I agree, lessons from the past I suppose but it's not being negative to use it as an example like you have. It's called experience.

There's a balance to everything and while you have to have full belief in yourself you also have to be wary of complacency. As we all know football can turn quickly if you let the focus slip.

Rangers are poor but they'll come back fighting, however it might still not be enough. But let's not assume that, we just need to keep believing in ourselves ,playing with the same level of application and desire and I'm confident we'll be well in the mix for the title come the last dozen matches.

If we play with that level of desire and application for another 15 games or so and get the results to match, you just can't see that Rangers team, or anyone else, having the consistency to keep pace with us. 13 wins from 15 we are more than capable of.(on current form etc) Getting ahead of myself and advising caution in the same breath but a run like that would see us getting on for 20 points ahead and no one is going to close that kind of gap. As I said though. No one is going to hand us games on a silver platter. We will have to work VERY hard for it, as we have been doing.

BRAVEHEART1874

Can't argue with any if those points must be a disappointment for da Hun dogs not being able to buy the league can't believe no swally interview on bt sports loooooooser

This in spades but luck will also play a part. Injuries and suspensions are the only real worry because none of the other teams are!

When you look at the squad though it would take a horrifically long injury list to hurt us. I've got a feeling we may bring in a centre half in January to strengthen that area as we push on after the year. That's the only area I have a slight worry about if we get an injury.

Tonight's game showed in essence that Rangers are a team who made the step up and Hibs the drop down.

I know Rangers have some expensive players they can ill afford - but they look as bad as you might expect from a team that coasted by against part-timers - not sharp, not tactically terribly aware and a fair few didn't even look very fit. Their "we will win coz we are (The) Rangers" line will not be enough in the cold harsh light of day - certainly not with a manager who looks clueless how to get the most out of his squad.

They were so bad tonight - a long hoof from a keeper and a powder-puff aerial challenge and the game was over. School-boy stuff really. Hibs never looked in danger even when sitting in a bit in the second half.

I particularly enjoyed Peralta getting hooked at half-time since he seems to think he is a footballer - like when he tried to turn a Hibs defender so many times he only actually revolved on the spot before tying himself up and falling over - and no-one has told him the truth. Him and Moshni are great entertainment. :D

When you look at the squad though it would take a horrifically long injury list to hurt us. I've got a feeling we may bring in a centre half in January to strengthen that area as we push on after the year. That's the only area I have a slight worry about if we get an injury.

Yep we look a different team without Bauben. That said, we're good enough that we should be able to cope.

UnbelievableJeff

Don't take my OP as over confidence that we are going to win the league.

My point is it is not Rangers league to win. It is our league to lose. They aren't winning this based on their historical status which is what some people seem to have in their heads.

I believe in our club 100%

They haven't won leagues before based on historical status. Mostly they've won leagues because, that year, they were better than Celtic. If you look at their individuals, a decent manager could cobble together a pretty workmanlike and very experienced team from them, and be able to put them out and hardly drop any points. However they don't have a decent manager. Most of them are there for the pay day. They have rock bottom morale and no one currently employed at the club who could change that. They are totally rudderless. That's why they are losing to Hibs and the like, not because they are a piss poor collection of players. Some of them are piss poor of course but there's a half decent team at that club if someone cared to look for it.certainly decent enough to make a challenge.the longer things remain as they are at Ibrox, the better for us.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

Rangers were beyond terrible. How is McCoist still in a job given that on paper they have some decent premiership level players? Is he unsackable or something (I hope so).

It's all well and good seeing them go 6 points behind us tonight but if we **** up against QoS and they win at the weekend they will only be 3 points behind and would have renewed confidence. If any one of our players becomes complacent then we are in trouble. All it'll take is Sally getting sacked and them opening their seemingly inexhaustible chequebook in January and things could be reversed quite quickly. However, the Hun are rank rotten and I have not seen anything from them which suggests that they should be favourites to win the league. The fans can dream but RN and the players will remain professional and give it 100 % right up to the last game of the season.

The thought of seeing the JTs actually win a league (albeit the Championship) is just unbelievable though!! If/when that day comes, and this is a bold statement, I think it will be better than 19/05/12.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

I kind of agree but we've already missed Bauben, Alexander, Paterson, Carrick, Keatings, El Hass, Sow and McHattie so far. It should only really impact us if we get a bunch of injuries to key players at the same time, but that could apply to all teams in the league.

UnbelievableJeff

Rangers were beyond terrible. How is McCoist still in a job given that on paper they have some decent premiership level players? Is he unsackable or something (I hope so).

Educated guessers say they can't afford it. Surely they can do a Butcher on him though ?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

It's all well and good seeing them go 6 points behind us tonight but if we **** up against QoS and they win at the weekend they will only be 3 points behind and would have renewed confidence. If any one of our players becomes complacent then we are in trouble. All it'll take is Sally getting sacked and them opening their seemingly inexhaustible chequebook in January and things could be reversed quite quickly. However, the Hun are rank rotten and I have not seen anything from them which suggests that they should be favourites to win the league. The fans can dream but RN and the players will remain professional and give it 100 % right up to the last game of the season.

The thought of seeing the JTs actually win a league (albeit the Championship) is just unbelievable though!! If/when that day comes, and this is a bold statement, I think it will be better than 19/05/12.

It won't be anywhere near to close, for me. 19/05/12 is/was the best there has been for me.

Francis Albert

No. Winning the second division last time we did didn't come close, nor would it if we did it again. Winning the real Championship would do it.

UnbelievableJeff

I've seen us win that league back in the day. The feeling is one of happiness that we are back in the big league we belong in and not much more. That's the feeling I expect to have if we win it this time. It might be a bit sweeter and more memorable if we leave Hibs and Rangers floundering below us but better that 190512 ? Nae chance !!! Put the flag in the drawer and get on with being a big club again.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I kind of agree but we've already missed Bauben, Alexander, Paterson, Carrick, Keatings, El Hass, Sow and McHattie so far. It should only really impact us if we get a bunch of injuries to key players at the same time, but that could apply to all teams in the league.

:spoton:

We are only 7 games in and we have already had it bad with injuries and suspensions. I'd prefer us to go a while without picking up any more but we've proved we can cope so far.

No. Winning the second division last time we did didn't come close, nor would it if we did it again. Winning the real Championship would do it.

I've never seen us win a league before, but to beat the (formerly) all conquering Hun to the league title after decades and decades of being tens of points off them at the end of the season (bar '05/'06) would be absolutely amazing. Patricularly if the league went down to the wire. Not only that, we would be winning a league which has Hibs in it which would make it even more satisfying. 19/05/12 was incredible but to be successful in the league over a whole season would be (possbily) even better. I don't know, I'll maybe feel different if/wehn it does happen.

I agree it didn't come close when we beat Airdrie that night to win the First Division.Still a great night though.Nothing will beat the 5-1 Final apart from winning the Premiership.

In saying that,if we finish in top spot this season there will be alcohol consumed in vast quantities!

Archived