Filthy, flithy, flithy

King Of The Cat Cafe

King Of The Cat Cafe

No, not a thread about the Hobos and the Ugly Sisters.

This is about the concourse at the Wheatfield Stand and the lack of proper cleaning thereof.

Many of us like to have a pie and a drink before the game starts, and it seems natural to gather at the broad shelf at the windows overlooking the green area to rest one or other.

Yesterday I noticed there was a mess of dead and dying flying critters along the bottom of the glass. Not very charming in view of the haute cuisine we are served.

(And does none of the staff notice this when they leave the condiments on the shelf?)

Surely it is not too much to ask that someone hoses the window down, or brushes it down, before a match.

Not seen it myself but a note sent to the main office addressed to AB highlighting your concerns should hopefully get things sorted.

I sit in the Main Stand but I was in the Wheatfield for the Petrofac Cup game. I was actually quite surprised at how run down/untidy it was; not saying it's a complete shambles (particulary compared to some of the seriously crap stands/stadiums we have in Scottish football) but it definitely needs attention. At this stage of AB's tenure I doubt things like this will be high on the priority list but in time Tynecastle could do with a bit of a "facelift" to get it up to scratch.

I'm hopeful that the maintenance of the stadium is looked at soon by the club. I'm not saying it should have priority over the work being done on the playing side, but the place would benefit from a good clean and a lick of paint.

I was asked to quote for the cleaning at Hearts during the summer. I had even offered the services of my business free of charge during the administration period.

On being shown around the suites, I have to say that the standard was very, very poor.

The concourse/toilet areas of the stands are an absolute mess. If you're going to have glass all along the concourse then at least have it cleaned regularly, internal/external. And as has been pointed out in the op, the shelf or window sills are made of metal & are a doddle to clean properly after each match but they look really grubby.

Perhaps it'll be getting dealt with in due course. I really hope so.

The concourses under the stands look and feel very much like simple empty spaces underneath stands.

A wee bit of attention could have them looking and feeling more finished and professional.

Simple things like covering the breeze block walls with plasterboard (and/or Hearts artwork and iconography) is all it would take.

Same goes for some sort of roofing so that the spaces don't feel like dirty outdoor barns.

will-i-am-a-jambo

I noticed that the light was not working in the gents cubicle in the main stand, was pissing in pitch black, how I hit the pan I know not! Would be good if these things got sorted out at some point but appreciate there are other priorities right now.

bigis semiauskas

The corners of the concourse that connect the stands have virtually no paint left on the railings and that telly in the gorgie stand

looks like someone's chucked a Bovril at it has been like that for about 5yr

All roads lead to Gorgie

If we are on about the poor standards around the stadium what about more paper towels in the bogs, the great unwashed are at the other end of the city after all.!!!

Would the OCD Branch not be willing to lend a hand with the cleaning.?

King Of The Cat Cafe

:lol: still here

That is a relief. I feared you may have been down the hospital having a marigold surgically removed. ;)

That is a relief. I feared you may have been down the hospital having a marigold surgically removed. ;)

He'd still be waiting to be seen to be fair. (assuming he is .... ach better not)

I used to enjoy a wee pie at the football. But I cant think of a single home game this season where I have actually enjoyed, or even finished one. The pies are woefull. Problem is, I keep buying every week on the assumption that that the previous weeks was just blip, a rogue mutant that slipped through the pie inspectors net. But no. As week goes by, they get worse. I wouldn't mind normally, and I know we need to keep ploughing the money in, but come on Hearts!! At ?2.20 I could get 2 pies and a sausage roll at Greggs just around the corner!

A few months ago our club nearly went out of existence.

Today we have an exciting, winning team on the park and a great business plan off it.

Yet people are complaining about a few dead flies on a window sill !!!!!!!!

Yes the place could do with a face lift (and I'm sure that will be addressed in the near future) but let's get the IMPORTANT things attended to first.

ill ask the wife :thumbsup:

..."tell"...

or are you a mouse? :)

I noticed that the light was not working in the gents cubicle in the main stand, was pissing in pitch black, how I hit the pan I know not!

How do you know that you did hit the pan 100%?

Nice bit of dado rail a few inches below the window ledge along the length of the stand......would be nice.

But we signed Pallardo instead.

..."tell"...

or are you a mouse? :)

How do you know that you did hit the pan 100%?

that hollow dunking sound is a giveaway but we need confirmation.

that hollow dunking sound is a giveaway but we need confirmation.

The hollow dunking sound may have come after or before a whole lot of piss on the shoes, seat, wall, ceiling...

Nice bit of dado rail a few inches below the window ledge along the length of the stand......would be nice.

But we signed Pallardo instead.

:biglaugh:

Reminds me of a time when I sent a flatmate into the builder's merchant to buy 15m of dildo rail.

King Of The Cat Cafe

A few months ago our club nearly went out of existence.

Today we have an exciting, winning team on the park and a great business plan off it.

Yet people are complaining about a few dead flies on a window sill !!!!!!!!

Yes the place could do with a face lift (and I'm sure that will be addressed in the near future) but let's get the IMPORTANT things attended to first.

Fair enough, but I am sure that someone goes around sweeping the floor, replacing paper towels and so on during the week. All that is being asked is for a more complete version of the cleaning job that is already being done.

Besides, next time it may not be a supporter "complaining about a few dead flies", it could be somebody from environmental health.

Fair enough, but I am sure that someone goes around sweeping the floor, replacing paper towels and so on during the week. All that is being asked is for a more complete version of the cleaning job that is already being done.

Besides, next time it may not be a supporter "complaining about a few dead flies", it could be somebody from environmental health.

As far as I'm aware, the window ledge is not a food preparation area, therefore EH will not close us down because of a deceased blue bottle

Archived