Main Stand/Old Stand

Locky

Can people please, stop referring to the Main Stand as the old stand when speaking to fellow Jambos.

It's the Main Stand, always has been and always will be. Despite it's decay over the years I still love it and I love sitting there.

Only time I refer to it as the old stand is when I'm speaking to someone who isnt very familiar with Tynecastle.

Other than that, it's the Main Stand. That's the way it always should be.

Just me?

I keep trying to picture Bertie Mee but unfortunately that cigar chomping ugly hibs/celtic feker keeps appearing :)

It's also what stops senior dot counter Clerry getting a 10/10 ;)

Old or Main stand will do me

Once I've got the bookies and the teles sorted, this is my next target.

We need signs overhead in the lobbies warning of on the spot fines for those who call it the main stand.

I'll call the Main Stand the Old Stand when we refer to the other 3 as the Library, the big stand and the shite enclosure.

Bantz.

I don't like the School End being called The Roseburn.

Agreed, the same with people referring to the shed as the Wheatfield Stand

It's the Main Stand, and I've never heard anyone refer to the Wheatfield as the Main Stand. It isn't.

It is of course the Main Stand but can we just pause and remember the passing of one of our own there on Saturday. RIP.

it's the Death trap! sorry i had a spooky haunting, h1b5 type moment there. :bucktooth:

Not an appropriate comment at this time mate.

It is of course the Main Stand but can we just pause and remember the passing of one of our own there on Saturday. RIP.

I have to say I was unaware of the sad passing of a fellow Hearts fan, I have just this morning came on KB and posted on here before reading the terrible news, I'm so sorry. please mods delete my previous post.

Not an appropriate comment at this time mate.

sorry Thomaso, but as I have explained I honestly didn't know and I feel realy terrible now, my thoughts now are with his family and friends. Rip

Well, for me anyway this was how I knew Tynecastle:

Stand, home & away enclosures, school end, shed, benches and gorgie road end. I seriously don't know what to call the various stands now.

sorry Thomaso, but as I have explained I honestly didn't know and I feel realy terrible now, my thoughts now are with his family and friends. Rip

Hey honest mistake mate.

never really thought about it before but i think i usually say old main stand. i know for a fact i have referred to it as either or both

Archived