Euro 2020 Venues

Homme

Just been announced that Wembley will host the semi-finals and final of the tournament.

Hampden up against Cardiff for group stage matches. Millenium stadium has to be the favourite though surely?

Checked Wiki

Semi Final & Final: London

QF & Group Stages: Munich, Baku, St Petersburg, Rome

Group Stage: Copenhagen, Dublin, Buchuerest, Amsterdam, Glasgow, Budapest, Brussells, Bilbao

Does that mean we qualify automatically?

Lol

haha if only..

I just read the qualification on Euro 2020.. We have the process as normal with 20 automatic qualifiers then the last 4 berths will be qulafiers from the Uefa Nations League.

terrible_groaning_noise

Hampden was transformed into an athletics stadium for the Commonwealth games, any chance it will be built into a football one for the Euros?

Hampden was transformed into an athletics stadium for the Commonwealth games, any chance it will be built into a football one for the Euros?

Could leave it for Athletics and build a better one or move to Murrayfield.

Buzzing for my trip to Baku to watch the group stages :cornette:

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk 2

Fk all wrong with Baku.

I spent over 8 years working out of their & it changed (modernised) enormously during that time. Also has a big ex-pat community so plenty of advice for getting around.

Fk all wrong with Baku.

I spent over 8 years working out of their & it changed (modernised) enormously during that time. Also has a big ex-pat community so plenty of advice for getting around.

I used to think I was half decent at geography, where the **** is Baku

I used to think I was half decent at geography, where the **** is Baku

It's part of Azerbaijen.......and of course money had no part in its selection.

Glasgow's Hampden Park and Dublin's Aviva Stadium will host last 16 matches and three group games.

The quarter-finals and three group matches will be held in Munich (Germany), Baku (Azerbaijan), Rome (Italy) and St Petersburg (Russia).

The other host cities that will hold three group games and a last 16 game are Copenhagen (Denmark), Bucharest (Romania), Amsterdam (Netherlands), Bilbao (Spain), Budapest (Hungary) and Brussels (Belgium).

It's part of Azerbaijen.......and of course money had no part in its selection.

Glasgow's Hampden Park and Dublin's Aviva Stadium will host last 16 matches and three group games.

The quarter-finals and three group matches will be held in Munich (Germany), Baku (Azerbaijan), Rome (Italy) and St Petersburg (Russia).

The other host cities that will hold three group games and a last 16 game are Copenhagen (Denmark), Bucharest (Romania), Amsterdam (Netherlands), Bilbao (Spain), Budapest (Hungary) and Brussels (Belgium).

Azerbaijan also start hosting an F1 Grand Prix race through the streets of Baku (from 2016 I believe) although there ultimate aim is to host an Olympics in memory of their original president Heydar Aliyev. As I said earlier, plent of Brits out there and there was a good few of us Jambos around too.

Although Scotland haven't played there I've seen both England & wales play at the national stadium and also had a few drinks with Berti Vogts at the airport hotel where the national team meet up before matches. BTW, outside the national stadium there's a statue of the linesman who gave Engerland the "goal" in the 66 final , he's down in history as Russian but was actually Azeri

Travesty the Westafalonstadion isn't involved*

*no idea if Dortmund even applied, but having an ill-informed moan anyway

They should just build a mega Finals stadium in the middle of Europe. A 300000 monstrosity with nothing but car parks and bars surrounding it in every direction.

Archived