new youth GK Coach...

GavK1012

Hardly the career history that gives it the wow factor.

Not that makes a slight bit of difference to his coaching qualities

However the fact he has been a professional footballer for a number of years with a variety of clubs no matter the level would suggest he may have something to offer

I'm sure CL & RN know exactly what they are doing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After the comments earlier in the week this is no real surprise.

It was clear moves were being made to try and find him some role within the club......for a man who had no club only a short time ago he's not done too badly out of his move to us.

Welcome and please develop them so they are better than you were and thats not a slight just what is required to play for our club

And the previous coach and one time first team gk coach Carswell played for what big teams?

This attitude is part of Scottish footballs problem.

Jose mourinho,AVB, Rafa Benitez etc never had a big playing career. Alex ferguson, Arsene Wenger......

Jose mourinho,AVB, Rafa Benitez etc never had a big playing career. Alex ferguson, Arsene Wenger......

It should also be noted that he has been appointed youth GK coach.... Not first team manager.

Correct.

....the one and only....Bryn Halliwell (typos there probably!)....

...discuss...??

any idea what age group he will be taking? My lad is currently with the u15s as a keeper and trains with the u17s keepers their coach is Neil aitken. Jonathan Craig takes the young lads 9/10/11 and carswell takes the 13/14s so where does haliwell(sp) fit in?

disgruntledfan

any idea what age group he will be taking? My lad is currently with the u15s as a keeper and trains with the u17s keepers their coach is Neil aitken. Jonathan Craig takes the young lads 9/10/11 and carswell takes the 13/14s so where does haliwell(sp) fit in?

Think it will be time to say goodbye to Carswell, with maybe Neil moving down to 13/14s, just guessing though.

Was just about to ask the same as my laddie is with Jonathan the now

Think it will be time to say goodbye to Carswell, with maybe Neil moving down to 13/14s, just guessing though.

It does seem an odd decision unless it is to get rid of carswell, as Neil Alexander is supposed to be goalie coaching in some capacity as well.

Mr tynie, there's no chance jonny will be leaving as he has just finished his badges. He might swap age groups but who knows. I will try and find out tonight as my lad is up tonight for weight training and sports science.

Where did this come from as was at the Academy tonight and no one knows about Haliwell being involved with young keepers or if it means a rejig of current arrangements?

Mr tynie, there's no chance jonny will be leaving as he has just finished his badges. He might swap age groups but who knows. I will try and find out tonight as my lad is up tonight for weight training and sports science.

aye been speaking with Jonathan. Good coach with some very good methods. my laddies wasn't there tonight, has a cub camp this weekend. Back on Monday

aye been speaking with Jonathan. Good coach with some very good methods. my laddies wasn't there tonight, has a cub camp this weekend. Back on Monday

he is good with you the boys I usually watch the keepers training on a Wednesday and he seems really good with them firm but fun as well. I never got the chance to speak to anyone tonight but I am back. Up tomorrow morning so hopefully find out then?

agree. like the theory that good footballers don't make good coaches , it's alot of sheight to also say bad ones always do. It's varied across the board but many players who weren't so good seem to have a strong desire to make it in coaching or management.

What we express from our brain is different from what we can do with our body's ability.

We're all great players in our heads but not necessarily in reality !!!

Archived