Has the Dumbarton game knocked Kickbacks enthusiasm?

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

It has been quite quiet on Kickback this week, and not the positive threads about the football side of the club that have been in recent weeks. Did the fact that we slipped up against a team we all expected to beat comfortably knock the confidence and enthusiasm that is here on Kickback? If we win well on Saturday will it be back to normal?

There will be highs and lows throughout this season... how we deal with the lows will determine our fate.

Of course the intitial enthusiasm for a new owner, manager and players helped drive the club forward with the determination of the fans to back that change helping us.

A draw away is never a bad result but when victory was anticipated it feels like a defeat and that feeling is what we need to ensure does not linger for long after such results.

We also saw (live on TV) a good victory from what we assume will be our major rivals and this put pressure on us for the following day...this is what we need to deal with throughout this season and to be frank it's been a while since we have had this type of season where we are expecting victory in the majority of matches. The mindset of fans and indeed players is different from recent seasons so we all need to adjust a little.

The team needs to ensure they keep playing for 90 plus minutes for there will be matches where we dominate but do not score early and as a result fans transmit their feelings to the players who then become too anxious and change the pattern of play. They need to have faith in what they are doing and some goals will come late on when teams tire as we sustain the pressure and drive forward when we can.

Victory in the next 2 home matches will put pressure on the chasers and it's Rangers and Hibs who play each other after us next weekend so the pressure will be on them should we obtain victory in those matches.

There will be highs and lows throughout this season... how we deal with the lows will determine our fate.

Of course the intitial enthusiasm for a new owner, manager and players helped drive the club forward with the determination of the fans to back that change helping us.

A draw away is never a bad result but when victory was anticipated it feels like a defeat and that feeling is what we need to ensure does not linger for long after such results.

We also saw (live on TV) a good victory from what we assume will be our major rivals and this put pressure on us for the following day...this is what we need to deal with throughout this season and to be frank it's been a while since we have had this type of season where we are expecting victory in the majority of matches. The mindset of fans and indeed players is different from recent seasons so we all need to adjust a little.

The team needs to ensure they keep playing for 90 plus minutes for there will be matches where we dominate but do not score early and as a result fans transmit their feelings to the players who then become too anxious and change the pattern of play. They need to have faith in what they are doing and some goals will come late on when teams tire as we sustain the pressure and drive forward when we can.

Victory in the next 2 home matches will put pressure on the chasers and it's Rangers and Hibs who play each other after us next weekend so the pressure will be on them should we obtain victory in those matches.

Good post. We need to stop thinking we will win every game at a canter, it won't be like that. The fans need to be patient.

Slight lull due to the international break and not much happening with the exception of a couple of uninspiring u20 matches, I'm sure things will pick up with 3 games in 8 days coming up. A good performance and scoreline on Saturday will have the place buzzing again.

Francis Albert

The silver lining of the Dumbarton result (which was certailnly a bad one) is that it has maybe made people realise that we are not going to walk

this league, and to stop people posting nonsense asserting that we will. ("Who is going to give us a game?" and such).

It's a fact that a our creative players in forward positions remain all young or very young: carrick, Keats, walker, king, Nicholson alongside two who are completely new to the Scottish game, el hass and sow. To expect win after win while many of these players are still learning their trade is unrealistic, I reckon.

I don't miss the horror stories that could come out of the club in the last few years. A bit of peace followed by a good win on Saturday will do

i think the number of signings that came in gave us lots of discussion, now the window has slammed shut, its you go with what you have, except any free agents of course.

Personally, I've been even more desperate for Saturday to come around. I cannot wait to get back to Tynie and see us bounce back.

this.........roll on Saturday

Think the Champions League this week has kept us all a bit pre-occupied. Looking forward to get back to winning ways on Saturday though.

Yeah, it was disappointing to draw with Dumbarton especially seeing the teams we beat in the first 4 games. But, if you told me before the season started that we would pick up 13 points from 15, I'd still be delighted regardless of the results.

Diadora Van Basten

I think this week has shown it's going to be very hard to win the league this season.

Rangers have moved up a gear and don't look like losing anytime soon whilst there are signs that our attacking players are going to be inconsistent.

The silver lining of the Dumbarton result (which was certailnly a bad one) is that it has maybe made people realise that we are not going to walk

this league, and to stop people posting nonsense asserting that we will. ("Who is going to give us a game?" and such).

I hope it has had that effect on the players. We as fans can be fickle ***** at the best of times. The players need to keep it in mind thatccomplaceny will be punished no matter what level you are at.

Nelly Terraces

Come Saturday everyone will be gagging for some footie chat. We were poor v Dumbarton but I think the lessons will have been learned.

Roll on Saturday. Gorgie Rules!

International break and a poor result since most of us last saw the team. Just not too much to discuss I guess.

Hopefully Saturday will get the buzz back.

I predicted problems at Dumbarton - not because of Dumbarton FC per se but, because it's just the kind of game that catches teams at the top out particularly, as has been said, with a young team.

I felt were too one paced in the first half and, looked as if we thought that the result would just come.

It's a learning curve for the team and, here's hoping we put that experience to good use.

portobellojambo1

It has been quite quiet on Kickback this week, and not the positive threads about the football side of the club that have been in recent weeks. Did the fact that we slipped up against a team we all expected to beat comfortably knock the confidence and enthusiasm that is here on Kickback? If we win well on Saturday will it be back to normal?

Certainly hasn't knocked the enthusiasm out of me, we remain unbeaten and at the top of the league. All it did was make me realise that on occasion teams will sit in against us and try and grind out a draw, and we will have to learn to adapt to such situations if and when the passing game isn't proving fruitful. It hopefully made some realise it isn't just a case of turning up and winning, every point we get will have to be fought for, no team will simply turn up and roll over (OK, maybe Hibs).

I think this week has shown it's going to be very hard to win the league this season.

Rangers have moved up a gear and don't look like losing anytime soon whilst there are signs that our attacking players are going to be inconsistent.

Alternatively I'm sure a couple of weeks ago our opponents were saying "Hearts have moved up a gear and don't look like losing any time soon"

We had a poor result last week when we expected to win. Same thing may happen to Rangers this week.

We're unbeaten so far, having managed 4 wins and a draw. Pretty sure we'd have accepted that if offered at the start of the season. This is the toughest second tier probably in living memory. No team is going to scoosh it. I'm extremely enthusiastic bout the meticulous approach to each game. If we win, great. If we don't, we'll learn from it and grow.

Nelly Terraces

Certainly hasn't knocked the enthusiasm out of me, we remain unbeaten and at the top of the league. All it did was make me realise that on occasion teams will sit in against us and try and grind out a draw, and we will have to learn to adapt to such situations if and when the passing game isn't proving fruitful. It hopefully made some realise it isn't just a case of turning up and winning, every point we get will have to be fought for, no team will simply turn up and roll over (OK, maybe Hibs).

That's it for me. Spot on (espesh the bit about h1b5 :lol: )

Roll on Saturday!

queensferryjambo

Not at all.

Dumbarton was a bit dull but still looking forward to Saturday. You can't win them all.

Apart from the game it was actually not a bad wee day trip to Dumbarton :)

We are all still recovering from visiting The Buzzbomb's pub! :bucktooth:

Get a RECENT photie up there as an avatar Mrs!

Seymour M Hersh

Shanks always said win your home games and draw your away games and you'll win the league. So in fact we're slightly ahead of schedule at the moment. :2thumbsup:

Wasn't there so I can't comment on the performance. But the result hasn't dulled my enthusiasm. Maybe it's just a wee reminder that everything won't be plain sailing but we'll have worse results than that this season. Personally I can't wait for 3.00pm on Saturday.

Talking of Dumbarton i'm a great believer in revenge. the Dumbarton players who were under orders from their

manager, Ian Murray, to kick our players like Sam Nicholson SHOULD NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.

Any chance to get these guys (payback) should not be overlooked when we play them again. Do we have the players

who can do the business on these thugs i don't know. Maybe i'm old fashioned but i'd want the Dumbarton thugs to

given the message Don't Mess With Us.

Shanks always said win your home games and draw your away games and you'll win the league. So in fact we're slightly ahead of schedule at the moment. :2thumbsup:

He also said any side that wins 25 League games deserves to be champions

The English league at that time was 42 games a season

However when we won the 1980 championship we only won 20 games losing 6 and drawing 13 in a 39 game season

(14 teams x 3 games )

This season taking the Rangers factor into account I reckon we will need to win at least between 28-30 games to win the league losing no more than 4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

letsalldothebeattie

I think at the end of the day it was a good point for us, still unbeaten and top of the league despite being miles from our best. Who knows it could be a massive point in the title race come the end of the season.

Got to admit Saturday was a bit of a downer for me.

Bottom line is if Sam scores instead of hitting the bar, and Hibs don't score in the 94th minute, this place would have been buzzin.

Anyway onwards and upwards.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Ad if you want proof of that, ask any Hibs supporter how they felt when Graham Weir's second goal went in!

Archived