Songs that you instantly relate to Heart of Midlothian

The jj era

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Belinda Carlisle - Leave A Light On

Roy Orbison - You Got It

When i first started going to games these songs were always being played at Tynie. Everytime i hear them they remind of those days.

Sinatra - My Way

Beatles - Hey Jude

Avici - Levels

Jessie J - Price Tag :facepalm: due to that wee lassie's version before the cup final. Nightmare song which holds good memories.

Belinda Carlisle - Leave A Light On

Roy Orbison - You Got It

When i first started going to games these songs were always being played at Tynie. Everytime i hear them they remind of those days.

Dancing Queen by abba seemed to played every week by "Radio Hearts "

My Way, Rudie Can't Fail, A Message To You Rudy, What A Beautiful Day and that ******* theme tune to the Golden Girls. I hate that song - reminds of trudging out of Tynie in the pishing rain having lost to some pish.

Jessie J - Price Tag :facepalm: due to that wee lassie's version before the cup final. Nightmare song which holds good memories.

Every time I heard that on the radio in the week before the cup final the sun was shining brightly and I just got one of those 'feelings' that it was gonna end well! Still smile whenever I hear it.

And I'll add in Dario G - Carnaval de Paris for the '98 Cup win and if I mind right, Jonny Cash's Ring of Fire was a regular sound at Tynie in the late 90s

There was the Bananarama song in the early 80's that was used to sing about the Gorgie Aggro. I can't remember the name of it though.

My Way, Rudie Can't Fail, A Message To You Rudy, What A Beautiful Day and that ******* theme tune to the Golden Girls. I hate that song - reminds of trudging out of Tynie in the pishing rain having lost to some pish.

I hated that song too. "Thank you for being a friend" etc. Patronising and cringeworthy.

Shanks said no

Redemption song - was on my playlist pre 19/05/12 - my answer when asked why by those hearing it for the 100th time in my car was "its payback time for 2 pts lost in 73"

my way

message to you rudy

its magic

tom harks - pirhanna

seven nation army

kc and the sunshine band - give it up

hey jude

98 - dario G, carnival de paris

06 - Daft punk, one more time

12 - avicci levels

Walk of Life from Dire Straits and Chain Reaction from Diana Ross. Every home game they were played in that 1986 season!!!

And that sheight from Chumbawumba was the only black mark from season 1997-98 , without fail played at every home match.

For us fans of a certain age, Telstar was always played at the end of the game (if we won), more often it was some Jimmy Shand accordian tune (can't remember the name of it) when we'd lost

Everytime I hear my way I get the shiver down the spine think about how brilliant Tynie sounds when the European song is in full swing.

James - Destiny Calling ..... remember hearing it on the radio at the West Port function suite when the Lithgae supporters club were having their pre final breakfast. Then heard it again on the bus on the way to Parkheid and knew it was our day!!

That song from the World Cup 98 (carnival de paris????) reminds me of 4 awesome nights in Mallorca following Hearts.

Bob marley - everything's gonna be alright (?)

Sang often in Section G throughout the admin days, somehow you knew it was true with fans like ours and we would emerge at the other end.

Coco Jambo. Always played that at Tynie before matches in the mid 90's

Also from further back can remember Van Halen - Jump. used to get a regular airing for some reason.

For us fans of a certain age, Telstar was always played at the end of the game (if we won), more often it was some Jimmy Shand accordian tune (can't remember the name of it) when we'd lost

Bluebell polka

Apart from many of the above "Heroes" David Bowie, summed up 1998 for me perfectly especially after the trauma of 1986. I think they played it after the Cup Final against Aberdeen.

Rock and Roll High School by the Ramones, played a few times back in the days of the First Division...not sure why? other than its a great tune.

Bananarama song was "Na, Na, Hey, Hey Kiss Him Goodbye"

I always liked 'young hearts' from the 98 season video. Can't remember the artist though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess The Crowd

Bay City Rollers Shang-A-Lang was a song/group that seemed awful back in the day, but now, since 19/5/12 seems wonderful.....

mulleted_jambo

Always remember some betters being played straight after the final whistle when we won big games.....

What a Beautiful Day, Zippity Doo Dah, Young Hearts running free, Chumbawumba

As well as the more recent obvious ones.

michael_bolton

River of Dreams by Billy Joel was played over the PA at Tynecastle on the night of the Atletico Madrid UEFA Cup game. To this day, the song always makes me think of that night.

I always liked 'young hearts' from the 98 season video. Can't remember the artist though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awwwwk I thought I was gonna get to the bottom of the thread and be able to chuck one in that nobody else had thought of but you beat me to it haha!

Candi Staton - Young Hearts.

Loved that video.

Ramones - Beat on the brat

Pilot - Its Magic

Sweet - Ballroom Blitz

Rod - Sailing

12 days of xmas

walk on

Rolf - 2 little boys

Probably/definitely not acceptable today.

Think probably Walk On only popular with certain people (if they make the kick off of course)

Archived