Songs that you instantly relate to Heart of Midlothian

The jj era

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Little Arrows by Leapy Lea --- around the late sixties -- don't know who was responsible for playing it but they should have hung their head in shame. Wish I hadn't looked at this thread as in will stick in my head all day now.

Belinda Carlisle - Leave A Light On

Roy Orbison - You Got It

When i first started going to games these songs were always being played at Tynie. Everytime i hear them they remind of those days.

Yep. Add the following to what you have above:

Starship - Nothing's gonna stop us now

Tom Petty - I won't back down

Travelling Wilburies - Handle with care

Paterson's Tache

I had Let's Go stuck in my head today. Good catchy pump up tune, whenever it comes on the radio (not often) I reminisce of my ridiculous nerves before the game.

Awwwwk I thought I was gonna get to the bottom of the thread and be able to chuck one in that nobody else had thought of but you beat me to it haha!

Candi Staton - Young Hearts.

Loved that video.

Aw me too, il go with shout by lulu played after a goal.

I always liked 'young hearts' from the 98 season video. Can't remember the artist though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

candie staten?

bugger! should have read whole thread.

Breakfast at Tiffanys always sticks in my mind after a Celtic match where we scored with the last kick of the ball...

stranraer-jambo

As a youngster I remember Mouldy Old Dough by Lieutenant Pigeon being played before kick off and at half time. Think it was around 1973/1974.

Honestly thought it was a Hearts song at the time. Hearing it now still brings back memories.

Sinatra - My Way

Beatles - Hey Jude

Avici - Levels

Jessie J - Price Tag :facepalm: due to that wee lassie's version before the cup final. Nightmare song which holds good memories.

Domino for the same reason. That lassie has a lot to answer for!

As a kid climbing into the builder yard, up the crane thingy and over the fence next to the refreshment hut ( many a time) I remember the Kung fu fighting song being played over the tannoy. Every time a hear that song it takes me back to my silk scarf tied on my waist days.

As well as a lot of the other ones mentioned on here :

Swede Mason - Masterchef Synesthesia from 2012

Depeche Mode - Enjoy the SIlence (Mike Shinoda remix) used to be played before matches a few years ago, and conjures up memories of European matches at Murrayfield.

"What a beautiful day" after countless derby wins, "Perfect day" - Hearts 2-1 Rangers at Parkhead

"Rudi can't fail" "A message to you rudi"

"Shang-a-lang"

"Hearts like ours" by The Naked & Famous - even tho only played a few times at Tynie.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Bruce Hornsby and the range, that's just the way it is.

Only because that was always on the radio when I first started going to games.

By the light of the silvery moon

First heard the Hearts version at Cappielow, midweek match late 70's. Didn't realise it was actually a proper record until I got older.

Every time I've heard it since I can't help put the Hearts words to it

Verdi's Rigoletto - La Donna e Mobile for when Romanov was popular! Always remember Scott Wilson playing this at halftime of the Dunfy game when Burley had been sacked that morning...didn't really get the same feeling as it had previously!

Bob marley - everything's gonna be alright (?)

Sang often in Section G throughout the admin days, somehow you knew it was true with fans like ours and we would emerge at the other end.

Song title is " Three Little Birds", Ells. :2thumbsup:

Chain Reaction from Diana Ross. Every home game they were played in that 1986 season!!!

Same here! Gets me every time I hear it.

Good thread.

I remember those but another song always played that year was The Communards Don't leave me this way.

I'm sure Republica - Ready to Go, used to get played before games when I first started going around '97 and it has always stuck in my mind.

Candy Staton - Young Hearts, for its use at the start of the "Hearts Hearts Glorious Hearts" video of the 97/98 season is another.

Gregory House M.D.

KC and the Sunshine Band- Give it up

That final.

Bon Jovi- Living on a prayer

Remember it being played a few times in my first visits to Tynecastle. Hear it and immediately remember THAT smell of all things :lol:

Candi Staton- Young Hearts Run Free

98 season video

Slade- Merry Christmas Everyone

Big Bad Bouzid.

Samuel Camazzola

Around 97/98, Jackie Wilson - Higher and Higher was played before the game consistently.

A few of the others from 80s and 90s have been mentioned already;

The Bee Gees - You Win Again

Lou Reed - Perfect Day

Cher - One By One

Wet Wet Wet - Somewhere Somehow

Oasis - Cum On Feel The Noize

KC and the Sunshine Band - Give It Up

Absolutely hated Lulu Shout being played when we scored!

Status Quo - In The Army Now. For some reason they turned the volume right down at the bit that says "Stand up and fight".

bigsuperslim1874

KC and the Sunshine Band - Give it up (i wonder if the seethe burns bright for Hibbies when this is played)?

Two songs played most weeks when I started going in 91 but make me think of footy when they get played on the radio:-

Simply Red - Stars

Charles and Eddie - Would I lie to you

My train got cancelled this morning after a massive storm last night. So as there was no replacement bus service the station laid on taxis for people going though to Chippenham (where I work). I was pleasesd to hear on the driver's radio Levels followed by 7 Nation Army. The other passengers must have thought I was mad as I was quietly signing the 'banned' version of 7 Nation Army.

My train got cancelled this morning after a massive storm last night. So as there was no replacement bus service the station laid on taxis for people going though to Chippenham (where I work). I was pleasesd to hear on the driver's radio Levels followed by 7 Nation Army. The other passengers must have thought I was mad as I was quietly signing the 'banned' version of 7 Nation Army.

During the revival brought in by Alex McDonald and Sandy Jardine, the song I couldn't stop playing in my head was `Bringing on back the good times` - I think it was by Marmalade. That's going back a distance though.

Could be applicable again?

I remember the terrible late 80's early 90's h1b5 song fondly as the tune to accompany another victory at Fester Road such as fozzies goal and Robbos missed header then volleyed goal. I don't know or care what it was called but started of with some pish like "when I was 5 my daddy took me down to fester road and lifted me high upon his shoulders" don't think it mentioned leaving before half time but it should have as its in their DNA

I remember the terrible late 80's early 90's h1b5 song fondly as the tune to accompany another victory at Fester Road such as fozzies goal and Robbos missed header then volleyed goal. I don't know or care what it was called but started of with some pish like "when I was 5 my daddy took me down to fester road and lifted me high upon his shoulders" don't think it mentioned leaving before half time but it should have as its in their DNA

I remember that. I think it was imaginatively titled 'Hibee Hibernian' or something. Had a comically bad intro from what I recall - hoo hoo ha, hoo hoo ha - which sounded like some kind of chant to the Scottish Cup gods.

I remember that. I think it was imaginatively titled 'Hibee Hibernian' or something. Had a comically bad intro from what I recall - hoo hoo ha, hoo hoo ha - which sounded like some kind of chant to the Scottish Cup gods.

That's the one "hibee Hibernian" I remember the chorus was sung in a pure desperate tone. Funny no matter the song if u are hobo then they are always sung in desperation.

Archived