John Hughes - Sycophancy plumbing the depths

N Lincs Jambo

"I'm looking forward to it, I've not seen Coisty [Rangers manager Ally McCoist] and the boys for ages," Hughes added.

"I believe Glasgow Rangers belong in the top flight. Them and Celtic carry the flag for Scottish football, so it's great to get them in the cup at Ibrox.

"They're favourites. Did you see them last night? They were different class."

Lifted from the BBC site. If people from the East Coast of Scotland have this attitude then any chance the events of 2012 with the "demise" of Rangers had of changing the face of Scottish football are finished. Hope I'm wrong and Hughes is just an isolated @rsehole but somehow I doubt it....

"I'm looking forward to it, I've not seen Coisty [Rangers manager Ally McCoist] and the boys for ages," Hughes added.

"I believe Glasgow Rangers belong in the top flight. Them and Celtic carry the flag for Scottish football, so it's great to get them in the cup at Ibrox.

Lifted from the BBC site. If people from the East Coast of Scotland have this attitude then any chance the events of 2012 with the "demise" of Rangers had of changing the face of Scottish football are finished. Hope I'm wrong and Hughes is just an isolated @rsehole but somehow I doubt it....

:boak:

I can guarantee you will never see Robbie Neilson or Craig Levein coming out with shet like that....

Respect the opposition of course.

But Rimming to that degree...really, there is no need, any Hearts employee who came out with nonsense like that would lose the support overnight, pathetic old firm toadying as usual from a loser like Hughes

Of course it could be mind games.....after losing 3-1, but so many in Scotland the same disgusting attitude.

Edinburgh Capitals v Braehead Clan tonight 6pm @ Murrayfield ice rink.

I managed to stop sick coming up when I realised it was Hughes, the man that speaks a different language to most of Scotland and really cannot be taken seriously.

Gary Locke said the same thing on Radio Scotland on Wed/Thurs night

Those that play the game, or coach in it, are so far out of sync with the fans that pay their wages it's unreal

This is sort of kak that allows The Rangers to win games when playing rubbish. They're seen as some unbeatable behemoth even though they are a complete pile of toleys. This is probably the biggest threat to us this season - we are not seen in that light and teams will have a go against us more so than thrm.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

This is why, in Scotland, you need intelligent guys like Levein and Neilson running your club. Lobotomy cases like Hughes and Locke are poison for a team that actually wants to go places.

Hughes is a rasper. A wee bit excitement because of their start and he's going off on one again(despite being pumped yesterday).

Average manager who embarrasses himself quite often. Does anyone remember his attempt at trying to look like a deep thinking boss when he wore the Marcelo Lippi style poser specs while sipping from a cup and saucer during a conference?

Binned by the losers not long after when it went tits up and I've not seen the Gregory Pecks since. Empty heed.

This is why no one in Scotland can really challenge these arseholes. The attitude is so wrong, growing up in Scotland we're taught to accept that Celtic and Rangers are better and that's that.

I say **** them and everything they've achieved.

MacDonald Jardine
This is sort of kak that allows The Rangers to win games when playing rubbish. They're seen as some unbeatable behemoth even though they are a complete pile of toleys. This is probably the biggest threat to us this season - we are not seen in that light and teams will have a go against us more so than thrm.

Yes it is a threat but we have to earn that fear the way Aberdeen did in the 80s.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

He certainly is an arsehole, sadly not an isolated one.

This is why no one in Scotland can really challenge these arseholes. The attitude is so wrong, growing up in Scotland we're taught to accept that Celtic and Rangers are better and that's that.

I say **** them and everything they've achieved.

Im with you bud. **** them..

I`ve got to say that at least Hearts have carried the proper attitude. Yes, we`ve had our pumpings off them over the years but we`ve had our fair share of wins too , certainly in comparison to other clubs.

Not many other clubs have raised a challenge in the league to them either and we`ve certainly always harboured an attitude we can take them one day(as in win the title). That`s what i love about our club, eternal belief and drive to succeed. I don`t know if we`ll ever win the top title again but i believe we can, i hope our outlook stays like this no matter how many times we fall short. Football and sport is about competing and believing you can be the best. Losers like Hughes can bolt.

Holyrood_Hearts

If Hughes' opinion of Rangers is based on Friday night's game at Raith, the guy really is a slavering idiot.

Going to Ibrox now isn't as daunting as the days pre-liquidation, Rangers really are nothing special. Hughes sounds like he's already out & is looking forward to catching up with his good pal "Coisty"

The only top flight team to lose to Sevco so far is Motherwell. I watched that game and was embarrassed by Motherwell's performance - so much so that I thought that McCall should have been sacked for that because he clearly had the same attitude being shown here by Hughes.

In spite of the fact that ICT are clearly a much better side than Sevco, I fully expect a comfortable for Sevco. I hope I am proved wrong.

scots civil war

proof that hughes is a ******* idiot

talking up a situation like that in full praise of your immediate opponents is a sacking offence imo

if i was the thistle chairman id have the welt sacked

Could it just be him playing mind games? Did he not say something like Celtic will win the league at a canter a few days before beating them recently?!

Could it just be him playing mind games? Did he not say something like Celtic will win the league at a canter a few days before beating them recently?!

If it's john Hughes I think we can safely rule out mind games.

UnbelievableJeff

If I'm an ICT fan reading that I'm emailing the club chairman for an explanation as to why the manager of my football club prepared his table topping(almost) team (a whole league above the opposition) for a cup tie by remarking that said opposition were 'different class'

If a Hearts manager ever came out with tripe like that I'd imagine he would instantly lose the fan base.

Hearts Heritage

Im with you bud. **** them..

I`ve got to say that at least Hearts have carried the proper attitude. Yes, we`ve had our pumpings off them over the years but we`ve had our fair share of wins too , certainly in comparison to other clubs.

Since the SPL started

1 HeartOfMidlothian from 1998-99 to 2014-15 P117 W19 D17 L81 W16% D14% L69% F89 A236

2 Hibernian from 1999-00 to 2013-14 P100 W13 D20 L67 W13% D20% L67% F82 A203

3 DundeeUnited from 1998-99 to 2014-15 P109 W11 D23 L75 W10% D21% L68% F92 A263

4 Motherwell from 1998-99 to 2013-14 P108 W11 D19 L78 W10% D17% L72% F81 A248

5 Aberdeen from 1998-99 to 2014-15 P108 W11 D17 L80 W10% D15% L74% F87 A256

6 Kilmarnock from 1998-99 to 2013-14 P104 W8 D13 L83 W7% D12% L79% F73 A251

7 StJohnstone from 1998-99 to 2014-15 P57 W8 D7 L42 W14% D12% L73% F37 A124

8 InvernessCaledonianThistle from 2004-05 to 2014-15 P51 W7 D11 L33 W13% D21% L64% F38 A101

9 Dundee from 1998-99 to 2014-15 P54 W3 D9 L42 W5% D16% L77% F36 A139

10 DunfermlineAthletic from 1998-99 to 2013-14 P66 W3 D8 L55 W4% D12% L83% F40 A189

From the formation of the Premier League

1 Aberdeen from 1975-76 to 2014-15 P292 W73 D75 L144 W25% D25% L49% F311 A465

2 DundeeUnited from 1975-76 to 2014-15 P285 W53 D72 L160 W18% D25% L56% F268 A512

3 HeartOfMidlothian from 1975-76 to 2014-15 P269 W48 D55 L166 W17% D20% L61% F234 A514

4 Motherwell from 1975-76 to 2013-14 P260 W44 D45 L171 W16% D17% L65% F228 A533

5 Hibernian from 1975-76 to 2013-14 P276 W41 D68 L167 W14% D24% L60% F219 A513

6 StMirren from 1977-78 to 2013-14 P168 W24 D27 L117 W14% D16% L69% F129 A353

7 Dundee from 1975-76 to 2014-15 P158 W23 D30 L105 W14% D18% L66% F143 A347

8 Kilmarnock from 1976-77 to 2013-14 P176 W18 D30 L128 W10% D17% L72% F116 A397

9 StJohnstone from 1975-76 to 2014-15 P113 W13 D15 L85 W11% D13% L75% F83 A262

10 PartickThistle from 1976-77 to 2013-14 P95 W12 D18 L65 W12% D18% L68% F78 A195

i wish jj was my dad

Bingo's crawling sums up much of what is wrong with Scottish football. If he fawns over his masters he will have a bone thrown at him now and again.

Makes my skin crawl almost as much as when I read their apologists on this site.

Fortunately, the bulk of fans at most clubs don't buy into this guff.

Stopped paying attention to anything this throbber had to say after having to listen to his "gid honast yung Scottush boysh" dross after every Falkirk game.

Hughes is someone that the media will describe as a "character" because they can't print the words "complete knob".

What a cretin :lol:

MANAGER John Hughes insists his Inverness players have no reason to feel ashamed of their midweek League Cup exit to Rangers.

The Ibrox side edged out the Highlanders thanks to Lewis Macleod?s deflected strike 12 minutes from time to set up a third-round meeting with Falkirk.

The 1-0 win was the first time Ally McCoist?s side had beaten top-flight opposition in two years but Hughes insists the fallen Glasgow giants are more than a match for the vast majority of the Scottish Premiership.

He said: ?The big frustration comes from you guys (the media) thinking that Rangers are mugs because they are playing in the Championship. They are far from it.

?If they were in the SPL they would be very close to that second spot. That was what we were up against on Tuesday.

?We were playing Rangers at Ibrox, who have a lot of ex-internationals and experienced players in their side. We know what we were up against.

?We didn?t start well enough and there was a bit of trepidation in our play. We settled down though but when we opened up later on, we left ourselves a bit vulnerable and lost a goal from a deflection, which was disappointing.

?But there?s not too much frustration with the guys in my side. I just feel for them because I know how hard they work and how good they can become as a team. There was an opportunity to go and win the match on Tuesday but they came up just short.

?It wasn?t for the want of trying - we just came up a bit short in the final third.?

Caley Thistle had led the Premiership going into last Saturday?s meeting with Partick at Firhill.

But they saw both their proud unbeaten record and run of six successive clean sheets wiped out by a 3-1 defeat before they lost again to the Light Blues three days later.

Last season?s League Cup runners-up will now look to bounce back from those back-to-back defeats when they take on St Johnstone?s William Hill Scottish Cup winners at home on Saturday.

But Hughes will have to hope Billy McKay can rediscover his scoring touch.

The Northern Irishman has not found the net since the opening day of the season and missed decent chances to score during both of the recent losses in Glasgow.

?We are playing the Scottish Cup winners and that is some feat,? said Hughes. ?But we?re confident of getting a result.

?I?ve been watching Billy in training and it?s only a matter of time before he gets back on the goal trail. I?m quite sure as soon as he gets next goal he will be off and running.?

Muppets like Hughes,Gus McPherson,Billy Stark, Billy Dodds,Jimmy Calderwood and the new kid on the block Danny Lennon will always be given a soapbox to spout nonsense by our press despite having very limited coaching ability. This old pals act just shows why Scottish footballs standards have been in rapid decline for years.

Archived