Losers still trying for Thumb......

Clerry Jambo

Last I heard it was 4 allowed but only 1 over the age of 21, Oxley must be over 21.

They have 7 strikers in their 1st team squad, one with a bad injury - some emergency, the only emergency they have is that their fans need a lift !

King Of The Cat Cafe

When you consider how wide we cast the net for some great new signings and they can only focus their hopes for salvation on one player, it demonstrates a wide gap in management credibility.

It's not an emergency! An emergency is surely when you don't have a fit keeper or the like not that your struggling to beat Cowdenbeath!

Hibs have no money with the guys they brought in at the last min plus an emergency striker when they have enough strikers for two teams.... Terrible bit of reporting from that guy just to get the hopes up of the daftys on hibnet

Did we not try an emergency loan last season and were told to bolt? Can't remember what position it was for but I think because we had a 17yr old available it wasn't seen as an emergency.

Not sure of the rules on this, but they must have brought in close to ten players so far...

Cheaturz, wheres the money to pay their wages coming from. Definitely not ticket sales, they have to give away half of the tickets. So no income there. Might have to write a letter to Liffuania the Ess Eff Aaa.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Cheaturz, wheres the money to pay their wages coming from. Definitely not ticket sales, they have to give away half of the tickets. So no income there. Might have to write a letter to Liffuania the Ess Eff Aaa.

Just not sure what could possibly warrant an emergency loan, when they've brought in so many players... Unless the "emergency" part of the name of this kind of transfer is not particularly relevant to its conditions.

Just not sure what could possibly warrant an emergency loan, when they've brought in so many players... Unless the "emergency" part of the name of this kind of transfer is not particularly relevant to its conditions.

Posted this on the previous thread that I could find.

-Emergency loans: these loans are only available to clubs in the Championship, League 1 and League 2 not to Premiership clubs and are for a minimum period of 28 days and maximum period of 93 days. The same restrictions as outlined in Standard loans apply. Furthermore no club can bring in any player after 31 March except in emergency circumstances and any such registration requires the specific approval of the SPFL Board.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

-Emergency loans: these loans are only available to clubs in the Championship, League 1 and League 2 not to Premiership clubs and are for a minimum period of 28 days and maximum period of 93 days. The same restrictions as outlined in Standard loans apply. Furthermore no club can bring in any player after 31 March except in emergency circumstances and any such registration requires the specific approval of the SPFL Board.

Cheers. So no outline as to the definition of what constitutes an "emergency", just the usual: The board will make it up on the day. Board discretion seems to be the way with our governing body these days, keeps their arses covered.

Cheers. So no outline as to the definition of what constitutes an "emergency", just the usual: The board will make it up on the day. Board discretion seems to be the way with our governing body these days, keeps their arses covered.

That's only for post 31 March loans

The only restrictions for these loans appear to be the same as standard loans.

I am not sure therefore what the difference is if any - other than they can happen outside of the transfer window.

Although you'd think there would be some restriction otherwise you could in theory rebuild your team week on week as the season progresses, which seems a bit weird.

You're right JR, for further info the standard loan rule is ...

-Standard loans: are available until the next transfer window or effectively until the end of the season. Clubs can have a maximum of four players on loan, three of whom must be under 21. Clubs can have two players on loan from the same club as long as that club is in a different division. However clubs can only take one player on loan at any time from a club in the same division.

So the question is what constitutes an emergency in the Championship ?

You're right JR, for further info the standard loan rule is ...

-Standard loans: are available until the next transfer window or effectively until the end of the season. Clubs can have a maximum of four players on loan, three of whom must be under 21. Clubs can have two players on loan from the same club as long as that club is in a different division. However clubs can only take one player on loan at any time from a club in the same division.

So the question is what constitutes an emergency in the Championship ?

So if i understand that, and the Emergency Loan criteria then at this moment in time they cannot sign LG as they already have 4 on loan (Oxley, McGeough, Sinclair and Kennedy) 3 of which are over 21. or am i missing something??

Being shite is not an emergency. For hibs it's normality.

Vermin.

Once again, Le Chat is bang on the cash about the scum.

Totally agree, being shite is not an emergency.?They just brought in a striker last week who scored, albeit a penalty, yesterday. Reeks of desperation to get fans through the turnstiles, that's the real emergency here for Petrie & Dempster.

Surely Celtic should be making some sort of a official complaint about this as arguably Hibs are constantly trying to unsettle one of their players - not that he needs much unsettling. What also makes this more of a joke is that they would only be intending to pay a fraction of his wages.

Surely Celtic should be making some sort of a official complaint about this as arguably Hibs are constantly trying to unsettle one of their players - not that he needs much unsettling. What also makes this more of a joke is that they would only be intending to pay a fraction of his wages.

Good points.

Forget the term 'emergency' as some seem to be treating it like a call for an ambulance.

They can bring in a player under the terms and conditions laid out.. after 31st March 2015 approval would be required and it is unlikely to happen then but for now they can bring a player in on loan.... except of course the number of players they already have on loan may mean this would breach the rules re the number of players you can have on loan at any one time.

They're scoring goals, problem is they're also conceding them. Surely it's a decent defender or defensive midfielder they should be looking at?!

If I was Cummings I'd be hacked off. Scoring goals yet would be even further down the pecking order!

Griffiths would boost that side, obviously. But one player doesn't make a team.

People forget they had two of their golden boys up top on 19 May 2012. How did that one end?!

As a final point, there is no way this constitutes an emergency. They have signed 3 attackers since alagui got hurt. It would be a mockery of system.

It defies belief that they really think that his return will cure all their ills. If I was them I'd be more worried that the were so dependent on him the last time he was there and Petrie did nothing to build on that. They will continue to carry on the way they have staggered through the last few seasons, substandard quick fixes and no coherent plan for the future in place.

All of which makes me happy.

Holyrood_Hearts

It's crazy Hibs, season after season continue this policy of filling the team with loan signings.

Griffiths undoubtly would improve them. They relied on him heavily that the season before last & if it hasn't been for his goals, they would've been fighting relegation along with us & Dundee.

Just thinking out here...a few hinted hubz maybe playing long game and trying a real push next season once us and orcs go up but after yesterdays poorish attendance they are maybe now panicking and thinking we gotta get outa here!

Financial doomsday.

Funny as feck if they got him then a wee injury sidelined him for months, not that i am promoting,wishing or glorifying injuries to him or any other player i may add, just saying like.

The emergency at that skidmark of a club started a long, long, long time ago (I've gone easy on the longs)!

Just having a thumb diznae mean you,re whole hand will work you need the rest of the fingers and looking at that lot there seems to be a fair amount of digits missing.

Just having a thumb diznae mean you,re whole hand will work you need the rest of the fingers and looking at that lot there seems to be a fair amount of digits missing.

Fingernailed it

I like this post a lot. Love a good metaphor I do. :2thumbsup: Anyway, Hibs can do anything, sign whoever they want, borrow the CSA's favourite donator, and I will still never worry. They're funny, and sh**e at the same time.

I suspect that even in a strictly legal sense, Le Chat is bang on the money yet again. When you have been vermin shite for the vast bulk of your history you can hardly claim that being vermin shite again is any kind of an emergency. You could persuaveily argue in fact that Hibs are on a really hot run. They've already won a couple of games this season and that's a rare achievement.

Anyway, Griffiths will be in jail soon for racism offending so it hardly matters.

They are a pitiful lot. Almost 50 pages and 1500 posts on this nothingness. According to their official website they have 6 strikers in addition to El Alagui, hardly justification for another loan.

Even if Celtic were willing to loan out Thumb, Hibs have already maxed out on their allocation of 4 loan players at Ny one time. But don't let that deflect the deluded. Didn't they learn nothing from the Lithuanian correspondence fiasco that their ITK members know nothing.

So are Heffernan, Malonga and Cummings not strikers now? Typical pro-Hibs crap from that rag.

Incredible. No way on earth could they be described as in a crisis for strikers.

Archived