Robbie and his staff learning Spanish....

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20140911/no-s-pain-no-gain-for-robbie_2241384_4136143

I know it has been mentioned on a few other threads, but I think its something discussing as it shows so much right with the club and Neilson.

In case people haven't read the article, Robbie Neilson and the other staff are going to learn Spanish (they are bringing in a Spanish teacher) so they can aid Pellardo to settle. To me that shows such a progressive approach it really excites me. For a number reasons,

1) it will aid Miguel Pellardo settle, moving to a new country is tough especially if you do speak the language, if your coaches are trying to speak your language (and some of your team mates) then it helps you settle. It shows Hearts as a more progressive clubs, clubs normally expect a player to quickly learn the clubs native language, ignoring the difficulty. But Hearts being more open to other languages can wear off on the club and making more welcoming of oversea players who might not normally come. It may even encourage the home grown players to learn a language opening up their options to move abroad (it was interesting to hear from Robbie that some of the younger players speak some Spanish.)

2 ) it helps develop the coaches, so part of coaching development learning new languages can aid you, have often read that Wenger can speak 6 languages and some signings speak of how it impressed them and played a part in them signing that he spoke to the player in the players native language. Also it opens their options of future employment.

3) It can build a stronger bond between players and coaches, if you come to a club and the manager and his staff are prepared to learn a new language to help you out you will feel closer and prepared to work harder for them.

All in all a very positive and exciting thing, and something which, in conjunction with other modern and progressive actions can make Hearts become a beacon of a club in Scottish (and even British) football.

Pallardo will be another who develops a deep affection for this club despite probably knowing very little of us beforehand. I guarantee it.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20140911/no-s-pain-no-gain-for-robbie_2241384_4136143

I know it has been mentioned on a few other threads, but I think its something discussing as it shows so much right with the club and Neilson.

In case people haven't read the article, Robbie Neilson and the other staff are going to learn Spanish (they are bringing in a Spanish teacher) so they can aid Pellardo to settle. To me that shows such a progressive approach it really excites me. For a number reasons,

1) it will aid Miguel Pellardo settle, moving to a new country is tough especially if you do speak the language, if your coaches are trying to speak your language (and some of your team mates) then it helps you settle. It shows Hearts as a more progressive clubs, clubs normally expect a player to quickly learn the clubs native language, ignoring the difficulty. But Hearts being more open to other languages can wear off on the club and making more welcoming of oversea players who might not normally come. It may even encourage the home grown players to learn a language opening up their options to move abroad (it was interesting to hear from Robbie that some of the younger players speak some Spanish.)

2 ) it helps develop the coaches, so part of coaching development learning new languages can aid you, have often read that Wenger can speak 6 languages and some signings speak of how it impressed them and played a part in them signing that he spoke to the player in the players native language. Also it opens their options of future employment.

3) It can build a stronger bond between players and coaches, if you come to a club and the manager and his staff are prepared to learn a new language to help you out you will feel closer and prepared to work harder for them.

All in all a very positive and exciting thing, and something which, in conjunction with other modern and progressive actions can make Hearts become a beacon of a club in Scottish (and even British) football.

Outstanding stuff. I don't want to jinx him, but it's hard to overstate how impressive Neilson has been in every respect since arriving back at Tynecastle. We're lucky to have him.

Robbie will one day be coaching at a level that amazes all of us.

I might get ridiculed for this but I honestly think Robbie will one day be managing in the English Premiership.

I might get ridiculed for this but I honestly think Robbie will one day be managing in the English Premiership.

Let's hope he's a hidden gem for quite a few years (based on his work so far).

Clear sign that this is going to be a common route for us which is great news. Very much doubt they would learn spanish for one player!, Robbie is doing a fantastic job and CL's blueprint cant be ignored either, great work from top to bottom right now

ver que el gerente monstruo con los ojos extra?os - su equipo son una mierda. que han sido nuestras perras durante 140 a?os . vamos a embestir a la derecha por el culo una vez m?s en octubre .

Robbie will one day be coaching at a level that amazes all of us.

Deserves it too. Very similar to the way Brendan Rodgers had Swansea and Liverpool playing. As much as I despise the latter, they were a feckin joy to watch most of the season.

What a ridiculous post.

Bundesliga or la liga at a minimum.

ver que el gerente monstruo con los ojos extra?os - su equipo son una mierda. que han sido nuestras perras durante 140 a?os . vamos a embestir a la derecha por el culo una vez m?s en octubre .

y lo que da miedo es que ellos piensan que nos pueden ganar. *******os locos!

It's not that far fetched when you see some of the Scottish managers that have done so already.

Wonder how long it will take 'stubbsy' to come out and have a sly dig about this?

Along lines of : we wont be learning any language to help new players our focus is on training players

Or of similar ilk

Robbie fast becoming a total hero

Can only be a good thing, will also aid all our coaches going through their pro badges as they will be able to visit and study Spanish clubs and get more out of it by being able to understand everything being said.

Another sign that we have one of the great up and coming coaches in the country. He is doing a ridiculously good job. Long may it continue.

CERVEZA.

Pallardo will be another who develops a deep affection for this club despite probably knowing very little of us beforehand. I guarantee it.

Lets hope so and that he spreads the word back in Spain and gets some young guns over.

Maybe these lessons are not just for Pallardo but are paving the way for future Spanish signings.

http://www.heartsfc....2241384_4136143

Good post.

The role that language plays in a footballer's success or failure is often overlooked; any assistance the club can give Pellardo can only be a good thing. John Collins has previously said that the French lessons he got at Monaco were a massive help, while on the flip side Hernan Crespo said that the fact he was never offered any English lessons at Chelsea contributed to his poor form and eventual departure.

Being a fan of Scotland when it comes to European football I want to see us develop some good Scottish talent, but honestly setting up ourselves as an outpost for Spanish talent to come through wouldn't be a bad idea either. The English pipeline is crowded and overdone, and the Germans have their own fan-owned club system that is deep and broad. Picking up talent that's fallen out in the Iberian peninsula, giving them playing time to regain their confidence and build a name for themselves, then setting them up to go to top English clubs or back into La Liga would be a great road to prosperity for us. A nice side effect would be setting us up to be a first foothold for South American players in Europe as well.

The Future's Maroon

Do we need to think of a Spanish chant in honour of this new signing?!

I'll just shout 's?' - when he scores or upends a Hobbit/NEWCO Ger!

Do we need to think of a Spanish chant in honour of this new signing?!

I'll just shout 's?' - when he scores or upends a Hobbit/NEWCO Ger!

"Si se Pallardo" (taken from "Si se puede") seems like a good start.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

I met Pallardo today, was surprised at his height (or lack off) Just a wee guy !

Did he get a free pint of Guinness ??

Would you like a relaxing cup of caf? con leche en Plaza Mayor?

No, en serio, bienvenido sea.

The only thing lacking at Hearts now is a job for John Colquhoun.

If we are planning to learn some Spanish to help us communicate with Miguel, Spanish work colleague suggests we start with cinco y uno and build up from there after each derby.

Agree with the comments above, this goes way beyond a simple gesture and suggests a radical change in mindset.

Similar story, different league (literally) but I recall with Drogba joined Chelsea - the club made almost no attempt to help him settle in. I think he was in a hotel for ages because he couldn't figure out the property market and the club had no relocation team to help with the process. When I read that - it made me think about the gap that exists in treating footballers like humans - yes they might be earning lots and lots of $$$ but they are humans and relocation presents challenges. More and more clubs are getting this as its how you can compete for the best talent.

For Hearts to be thinking this way - how to smooth the transition from transfer to team - is massive. There's more we could do as well - perhaps Mods could set up a separate thread for constructive JKB comments. For example there's translation and interpretation - what 'descarga' means on and off the field could be interpreted differently.

Great news, great club, great people.

Deodato

Mid Calder Jambo

Slightly off topic but in the same vein, they were all still at Riccarton at 5pm last night, Mrs Mid Calder, saw them all as she left work. Now that is got to be a good thing if they are not in the bookies in the afternoon. All in all, Robbie and Craig have things moving absolutely in the right direction.

Sent the club an email within hours of Ms Budge taking the helm saying that it would be expedient if everyone was taught Esperanto, the international language, so that anyone brought in could be assimilated as quickly as possible. It looks as if the club haven't decided to pick me up on this, but have decided to run with the spirit of the idea.

And an old Shed classic, si no te gustan las putas hibees, odiar a los putos hibees, odian a los putos hibees aplauden sus manos.

Robbie obviously has his eye on the gig at the Bernabeu, would be a step down in my opinion.

Simply following Brendan Rodgers who taught himself Spanish whilst coaching at a young age as he believed it would help him in the future.

Now fluent in the language and this greatly helps with certain members of the squad

Corazones Corazones Corazones gloriosos,

Hola Hola somos el Boys Gorgie

Just a couple to get us going :)

:laugh:

Solamente estamos aqu? para beber tus cervezas y tener tus mujeres..

:laugh:

Solamente estamos aqu? para beber tus cervezas y tener tus mujeres..

todos los chicos y chicas sonrisas en sus rostros todos van a Albion camino ......

Agent to Alan stubs- hey gringo do you wana buy a donkey? Stubs" si ya know they will fit right in ya know

Archived