Rangers pub near celtic park

Heartsfc_1874

So was wondering does anyone know the name of the rangers pub beside park head, in their before final and was a good atmosphere

It's a white pub with barb wire on roof , every stair has rangers players name on it and toilets have red hand on door.

You're probably thinking of the louden tavern. But iirc there's only one pub in that part of the east end that's actually a celtic bar.

The calvey club or something. Yes it was absolutely bouncing before the the 5-1 game, also went there for the st midden league cup final. Good pies too.

You have the Louden and the Bristol Bar in close proximity on Duke Street. Its one of those you would have been in - vile pubs and better off in any other pub along Duke Street. Even most Rangers supporters wouldn't admit they drank in either pub!

oh ah grantona

It was Calvay social club very unadvertised club until you go inside. Great hospitality from the guys, Been there a few times and good for a Hampden trip

thisismystorythisismysong

So was wondering does anyone know the name of the rangers pub beside park head, in their before final and was a good atmosphere

Most pubs in the area are Rangers and extremely staunch at that...I did this 2 years ago with my colours (merely a scarf) and was one fine mistake. Filthy looks from the moment we entered, the scum at the bar started the fe***n patter and trying to provoke us, my muslim mate received a several racial remarks, we left the cesspit to the cry of **** off. So a word of warning...unless you look like an cretin, they will sniff you out! And no it wasn't the Louden.

Depends what end your coming in from of course but The Crown Creighton on Duke Street is a neutral venue, good grub and cheap pints! Just stay away from The Crimson Star!!

Most pubs in the area are Rangers and extremely staunch at that...I did this 2 years ago with my colours (merely a scarf) and was one fine mistake. Filthy looks from the moment we entered, the scum at the bar started the fe***n patter and trying to provoke us, my muslim mate received a several racial remarks, we left the cesspit to the cry of **** off. So a word of warning...unless you look like an cretin, they will sniff you out! And no it wasn't the Louden.

never ever had a problem in of the Rangers pubs round Parkhead ... however The Vaults etc are a different story

never ever had a problem in of the Rangers pubs round Parkhead ... however The Vaults etc are a different story

You must look like one of them then mate! :cornette: Haha! Am kidding, am kidding! Where is the Vaults?

ah the vaults on London Road, they didn't't like us in their when the west end bus boys went in. Haha

ah the vaults on London Road, they didn't't like us in their when the west end bus boys went in. Haha

heh heh the burning of the scarfs et al :-)

was actually worse after they banned drinking in the streets ... they just took their carry oots into the pub !!

heh heh the burning of the scarfs et al :-)

was actually worse after they banned drinking in the streets ... they just took their carry oots into the pub !!

yip that's the one haha. Chairs and everything else that wasn't screwed down got launched at us poor innocent fans haha.

Once went to the Mermaid Bar in Bridgeton before a game at Parkhead.

Locals weren't too happy with us sitting in the 'committee' corner, but never said too much as I was with a group of American football playing bouncers, with nick-names like 'Tank' and 'wee-man' (who was 6ft3 and 20+ stone!). We were made pretty welcome though by a few of the regulars.

Been in the crimson star and the louden and never had any issues even wushes of good luck and hope wee pump celtic. The vaults is a hell of a place but without colours on your fine but its an eye opener in match days.

The pubs beside Celtic park have all been done up due to the games. Still rotten though.

Best plan is to have a drink in Merchant City, get the train from Argyle Street to Bridgeton or High Street to Belgrove and walk along.

Archived