Monday night fitba radio show [new episodes weekly]

Sam M

I?m currently developing a football discussion show for community radio in East Lothian and I?m looking to find people who would be interested in getting involved. The show will focus on Hearts and Hibs and attempt to give supporters of both clubs the opportunity to voice their opinions about that week?s happenings at their respective clubs.

The show will be highly interactive in terms of social media but will also feature a small panel of studio guests. As a result, what I am looking for at the moment is people who would be interested in becoming semi-regular panelists on the show. This would involve you providing your appraisal of that week?s result/performance and your opinion of any relevant developments at your club.

This opportunity would be suited to anyone with an interest in broadcasting or with a talent for talking about their club in an engaging and interesting way.

I?m not interested in individuals on the show appearing unbiased, we?re all supporters and there?s no need to hide that, but I?m keen to ensure that there is a balance to the show and that the banter which is present is healthy and entertaining.

The live broadcast will take place in Tranent at 10-11pm every Monday night so volunteers would ideally need to be available at this time and place.

If you have any questions feel free to ask on here.

If you?re interested please get in touch at [email protected]. There is no limit to how many people can be involved but I?m looking to get the ball rolling asap so don?t hang about if you feel you?ve got something to offer!

Thanks for reading and thanks to the admin for allowing me to post this.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds good I'd maybe be up for it, only thing that could be a problem for me is travel. I stay in Portobello so I know the 26 goes straight to Tranent but would they still run late enough to get me home?

Sounds good I'd maybe be up for it, only thing that could be a problem for me is travel. I stay in Portobello so I know the 26 goes straight to Tranent but would they still run late enough to get me home?

Having checked the timetable I believe that 26's from Tranent actually go on past midnight so yes they would. I think there'd be a bus just 10 minutes after the end of the show that would get you to Portobello.

Having checked the timetable I believe that 26's from Tranent actually go on past midnight so yes they would. I think there'd be a bus just 10 minutes after the end of the show that would get you to Portobello.

Nice one mate, I'll send an email when I'm home.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Would this be on East Coast FM? If it is, this would be an excellent contriubtion, especially for those of us away from the Edinburgh area, as we could listen on the interwebby thing. Although I'm in Sheffield, I sometimes listen to Pedro Gillan's "East Coast Folk" on Sunday afternoon. Always a good selection of music (although I think he's a hibby).

As well as Hearts and Hibs, could you not include coverage and discussion of the area's junior clubs as well? The way Hibs are going, Musselburgh and Tranent might be the bigger clubs soon.

Would this be on East Coast FM? If it is, this would be an excellent contriubtion, especially for those of us away from the Edinburgh area, as we could listen on the interwebby thing. Although I'm in Sheffield, I sometimes listen to Pedro Gillan's "East Coast Folk" on Sunday afternoon. Always a good selection of music (although I think he's a hibby).

As well as Hearts and Hibs, could you not include coverage and discussion of the area's junior clubs as well? The way Hibs are going, Musselburgh and Tranent might be the bigger clubs soon.

It's actually Radio Saltire but it is also available online at www.radiosaltire.org. We also hope to be able to offer a listen on demand function very shortly after the show's launch.

The local amateur club coverage is very much on the agenda as well. For obvious reasons we will be reliant on listeners who follow these clubs, or the clubs themselves, to keep us updated on their fortunes but the show will be there for followers of any local club to crow about their successes or lament their latest failure!

We also hope to be able to provide a service for local clubs by giving them an audience of dedicated football supporters to promote upcoming events/games to, for example allowing them to attract additional spectators on weekends when either Hearts or Hibs aren't playing.

Thanks for the responses/emails so far folks. If you've not already had a response to your email then you will receive one shortly.

Definitely in and up for doing this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's great mate, can you send me an email with a wee bit info about yourself and your contact details?

I?m currently developing a football discussion show for community radio in East Lothian and I?m looking to find people who would be interested in getting involved. The show will focus on Hearts and Hibs and attempt to give supporters of both clubs the opportunity to voice their opinions about that week?s happenings at their respective clubs.

The show will be highly interactive in terms of social media but will also feature a small panel of studio guests. As a result, what I am looking for at the moment is people who would be interested in becoming semi-regular panelists on the show. This would involve you providing your appraisal of that week?s result/performance and your opinion of any relevant developments at your club.

This opportunity would be suited to anyone with an interest in broadcasting or with a talent for talking about their club in an engaging and interesting way.

I?m not interested in individuals on the show appearing unbiased, we?re all supporters and there?s no need to hide that, but I?m keen to ensure that there is a balance to the show and that the banter which is present is healthy and entertaining.

The live broadcast will take place in Tranent at 10-11pm every Monday night so volunteers would ideally need to be available at this time and place.

If you have any questions feel free to ask on here.

If you?re interested please get in touch at [email protected]. There is no limit to how many people can be involved but I?m looking to get the ball rolling asap so don?t hang about if you feel you?ve got something to offer!

Thanks for reading and thanks to the admin for allowing me to post this.

Would certainly listen to a show like this. Well done.

• 2 weeks later...

if you can get a guest like the guy from off the ball on saturday il defo be listening, the guy described the lower leagues in scotland as being attended by 2 guys and a dug and if they groundshared they could cut costs in half and would get 20,000 at the games the funniest part of it all is the dude was serious and not intoxicated.

Good on you guys. :thumbsup:

I hope you do well and it's well received. Personal opinion is I'm not even remotely fussed about the Hibs angle so it's not likely to be for me. I'll still give it a listen. :)

bigsuperslim1874

Quite enjoyed the show. Obviously raw for the first one but good to have a show about both Edinburgh teams and will catch the others.

Like the format and the fact segments.

Well done!

Show no 2 tonight guys. We will be discussing the game at the weekend and asking which hearts players old and current would have made good WWE wrestlers. You can add us on twitter or facebook and leave some feedback or make suggestions on future topics you would like us to cover

Another good show, cheers for the tweets and facebook posts. It should be up on mixcloud this week. Any feedback again is appreciated!

Loved being on the first two shows so much so ive just got home from the last one haha. Sean and sam are putting together a great show that will hopefully grow as it goes on. Hopefully everyone listening is enjoying the mostly hearts related chat

Last night's show will be up by Friday at the latest. I'll post it on here when it's available.

:thumbsup:

Listened in to this Monday's show, enjoyed it, lots of good Hearts chat. I'll be listening in to future shows. Keep up the good work!

Back on at 10pm radio saltire tonight to discuss the hibs rangers match and yesterdays game at tynie. You can also catch up on the previous two shows on mix cloud at monday night fitba

Anything you want discussed tonight leave a message on our facebook or twitter page

Keep spreading the word of this show and any feedback is welcome

It is possible to upload to SoundCloud but it starts charging an annual fee once you get over a certain amount of storage space.

Skippy Doodle

We are planning a special episode at the start of next month were our panelists will discuss which opposing players they admired and try to come up with a best XI

Anyone wishing to join in with the fun can post their teams on this thread or on our monday night fitba twitter and facebook pages

Remember you are picking a team comprised of jambos if you are a hibs fan and vice-versa

bigsuperslim1874

Enjoying these shows - like the mixture of Jambos and Hibs fans element of the show and the chat is good natured.

Skippy Doodle

Hey guys. Show number 4 on tomorrow night on the radio saltire website at 10pm. Our first three can be listened to on the mix cloud app and any chat regarding the show can be seen on our facebook and twitter pages. If you like a topic to bg discussed tomorrow night then leave a comment on this thread or on facebook or twitter.

We will cover yesterdays 3-0 win for hearts and look at what changes possibly needed to be made tactically for hibs ahead of their next home game

Big thanks to everyone who has listened to the show so far.

Skippy Doodle

Forgot to mention make sure you follow us on mixcloud to receive notifications of future shows as soon as they are uploaded

Skippy Doodle

Show number 4 should be available to listen to on mix cloud within the next 24 hours

We covered the games from the weekend and discussed what fantasy boxing matches we would like to see as a tribute to the mourinho/wenger clash on sunday

Please leave feedback on here or on our twitter or faiebook pages after adding us. Any ideas on future topics or things you like/dislike about the shows so far

Also please keep spreading the word on the show and inviting friends and family to look us up on twitter and facebook

We will be bringing in guests with ties to hearts or hibs over the coming months so plenty to look forward to

Cheers to the we have no cares lads for the plug. Expect some collaboration at some point and we'll have them in the studio!

Listened to it last night, another great show guys. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Archived