Sky Sports reported to Ofcom over transfer deadline day

tartofmidlothian

Clark Griswold

Short of doing it behind closed doors, what else can SSNHQ do? Have fans sign up so they have their info?

I feel sorry for the reporters who are sent to grounds to be surrounded by these arseholes. The dildo was quite funny though.

loveofthegame

I feel sorry for the reporters who are sent to grounds to be surrounded by these arseholes. The dildo was quite funny though.

This.

On the whole the whole having fans behind the reporter has gone well beyond what is funny. Basically a bunch of neds who want their 20 seconds of fame.

For the football fan, I still think deadline day is quite good fun but I couldn't bring myself to watch it last night and went with Andy Murray's match instead.

ITs now become the norm that fans turn up but from last night it was basically just wee daftys from each team standing about being idiots. I still found it amusing with the dildo but people complaining for goodness sake there are some people out there that i am sure they watch tv just to pick out things to complain about.

Obviously it takes the 'live' nature away; but if they had a small time delay, say 10secs on these reports - would solve the problem somewhat. Personally I think it's fine, they wouldn't stop the news for the risk of people being rude in the background and it's on tens of channels ten times a day. Pant wetting - it's the kind of folk who write to points of view, get a life!

Fxxx the SPFL

The inflatable doll later on was class as well Neil lennon's pus was brilliant trying not to laugh.

Anyone who wastes their time watching that dross every season is surely too stupid to have their sensibilities upset. I switched over last night to get a quick update to see some bloke wetting his pants about a "cortege" of two cars heading into Man Utds training ground. He did have the good grace to apologise for the fact he didn't know which of the two cars contained the new player. And this is "news" ? God bless Sky. Taking the heat off the BBC for 20 odd years.

To be fair the guy at Arsenal was forced indoors. At one point he was about 10 paces from the camera until a big surge behind him put him so close to the camera you could see up his nose. After that one he gave up!!

Anyone who wastes their time watching that dross every season is surely too stupid to have their sensibilities upset. I switched over last night to get a quick update to see some bloke wetting his pants about a "cortege" of two cars heading into Man Utds training ground. He did have the good grace to apologise for the fact he didn't know which of the two cars contained the new player. And this is "news" ? God bless Sky. Taking the heat off the BBC for 20 odd years.

It was the shaky footage of James McArthur going into Crystal Palace that did it for me.

Would very much doubt any of the complaints were from anyone actually watching live. More likely they've seen something in the media and decided to make a complaint. I thought it was quite funny.

Boy reporting at Arsenal was in the ground. Clever.

Only after Jason Bent (Lee Nelson) hijacked one of his reports without him realising.

Would very much doubt any of the complaints were from anyone actually watching live. More likely they've seen something in the media and decided to make a complaint. I thought it was quite funny.

I thought it was childish and stupid but then again chavs and neds act like that all the time and get away with it.

Those who try to laugh it off are effectively just supporting anti social behaviour and when it happens to them are often the first to complain to the world.

The reactions of those in the background can sometimes be boring, irritating and tiresome but sometimes hilarious.

The real dafties are the ones that feel the need to complain about this? What can SSN actually do here? It's live TV, if people want to act like dicks and hijack it then there's not much that can be done.

Remnants of Standards

As an English football writer said yesterday "ah, deadline day when we can sit back and watch our season ticket money and Sky subscriptions disappear before our eyes".

Paterson's Tache

I found that "totaliser" thing a bit obscene: nearly ?800,000,000 spent on football players in England alone should not be celebrated.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

It would help if Sky ever acknowledged how ridiculous the whole thing is. That fud Bryan Swanson grinning like a cat as the total spend went over ?800m, as if it's something to celebrate

Paterson's Tache

It would help if Sky ever acknowledged how ridiculous the whole thing is. That fud Bryan Swanson grinning like a cat as the total spend went over ?800m, as if it's something to celebrate

Great minds think alike. It made me shudder, in a way I'm almost glad Scottish football won't be contributing much towards that.

The whole thing is tedious.

If there was ever a reporter that got sent to Tynecastle on deadline day then I know exactly who would embarrass us. That group of neds who stole Annan's flag.

I would doubt they will run the risk next time. Ned behaviour is to try and outdo each other so God only knows what could happen in January. It was getting to the cringeworthy stage last night though.

I found it irritating and Sky should have someway I combat it. A delayed feed, or keeping supporters back behind a barrier 10 yards away must surely be achievable and sensible.

That said - complaining .... Get a hold of yourselves

I found that "totaliser" thing a bit obscene: nearly ?800,000,000 spent on football players in England alone should not be celebrated.

Wonder how much of it is real money and how much is paper debt being recirculated within the game.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Archived