injury updates

Hansel

Great news. Even better that we've been playing so well that they can have an extended recovery with no need to rush them back at all.

Will Alexander get straight back in?

Would imagine so. Hamilton has done a good job but Alexander is our No 1 and I would expect him to be back in nets as soon as he's fit. Hamilton will fight it out for the back up job.

Really looking forward to seeing Paterson in this team. Such a threat going forward - and his defensive ability in the air will be crucial too (the weakest part of our game so far this season).

We_are_the_Hearts

Was wondering the same with Paterson. McGhee has been great.

Alexander will defo go straight back in. The RB decision will be tougher as Jordan has been great and is better defensively than Paterson. Calum is great going forward and in the air though.

hopefully hamilton isnt left out to dry when alexander comes back (presuming he comes straight back in). hopefully he can battle it out with gallacher for the 2 spot.

Othewise, due to unforeseen circumstances, he will have missed out on some good experience at stenny.

As RudiBoy said, its all looking a bit too peachy at the moment. long may it continue.

Alexander will defo go straight back in. The RB decision will be tougher as Jordan has been great and is better defensively than Paterson. Calum is great going forward and in the air though.

Was thinking the same.

Paterson is a real goal threat at set pieces, makes some cracking runs - and has a can give it a dig.

However - now that we are playing it along the ground at the back, he is sometimes not the best with his ball at his feet, and is prone to lapses in concentration.

Tough one to call - Paterson can have the most impact however Jordan is better defensively.

loveofthegame

Alexander should 100% walk back into the team. JH hasn't done much wrong, but hasn't been much need for him to do much right either.

Paterson shouldn't be rushed back into the side, especially given how McGhee has been playing. CP still very much our first choice RB in my opinion though.

I don't think they should just walk back in, it sends out the wrong message and might end up with players complacency, the players who've been out should be made to fight their way back into the side. Why unsettle a side that's won 4 out of 4.

I'm sitting here with a big grin on my coupon reading about Patterson, Alexander & Carrick all returning to training this week, then I have look at the h1b5 situation and I'm actually now sitting here laughing.

I just love being a Jambo.

I don't think they should just walk back in, it sends out the wrong message and might end up with players complacency, the players who've been out should be made to fight their way back into the side. Why unsettle a side that's won 4 out of 4.

Pretty much my thoughts on it too.

UnbelievableJeff

hopefully hamilton isnt left out to dry when alexander comes back (presuming he comes straight back in). hopefully he can battle it out with gallacher for the 2 spot.

Othewise, due to unforeseen circumstances, he will have missed out on some good experience at stenny.

As RudiBoy said, its all looking a bit too peachy at the moment. long may it continue.

Pretty sure we can still send him back to Stenny if we wanted to.

loveofthegame

Goalkeeper is pretty much the only position I disagree with you on this.

frank skinner

Paterson looked fine at half time on Saturday.He was taking the steps 3 at a time as he came up to the Willie Bauld lounge.

No mention of El Hass. Anyone ITK about the lad?

Been back training for a few weeks now and on the bench the last 2 games.

No mention of El Hass. Anyone ITK about the lad?

Been back training for a few weeks now and on the bench the last 2 games.

The biggest problem with him will be lack of match practice and, with this being a free week, he's not going to get the opportunity this weekend. It might have been a good idea for us to arrange a closed doors friendly to give him, and maybe some of the others who've had limited playing time (Walker, Robinson, Eckersley for example) a decent 90 minute workout

We_are_the_Hearts

Luckily Robbie doesn't buy into the managerial cliches like "Can't change a winning team" and "he's done nothing wrong to be dropped". It will be horses for courses and the best team will be picked to win the next match, based on current form, form in training and the strengths and weaknesses of opposition. Really refreshing after some of the recent years

The biggest problem with him will be lack of match practice and, with this being a free week, he's not going to get the opportunity this weekend. It might have been a good idea for us to arrange a closed doors friendly to give him, and maybe some of the others who've had limited playing time (Walker, Robinson, Eckersley for example) a decent 90 minute workout

yes and this was mentioned by Robbie Neilson last week they wanted to arrange a game when talking about El Hass

hopefully someone will confirm later

Paterson will get double figures in goals from RB in this league. McGhee will get games but Paterson will definitely go back in when fit and rightly so.

Like I have said many times before we have a squad now where we have cover all over the park.

I was a bit upset to see Smith go to Falkrik however Paterson could quite easily be deployed as a right midfielder should King pick up a knock or be suspended. I dont think he is going to walk back into the team at right back though as McGhee has done really well since coming in.

I am keen to see us hold on to Robinson to. Buaben is suspended for the next 2 games so what happens if Holt or Gomis pick up an injury after 20 minutes next Saturday?

I am positive that Alexander will come straight back in when fit. At the end of the day he is the older and far more experianced goal keeper and was signed as our number 1.

Still think as well they don't want squad to be too big. Might also have some youngsters or unexpected positional changes to cover.

Gallacher is the one with a problem. I'm fairly sure he signed thinking he would soon be first choice but the way things are working out he'll be 3rd choice. Personally I would keep Hamilton in but I have a feeling Alexander signed on condition he would be first choice.

alexander will go straight in, with mcghee retaining his place and paterson getting a few cameos as sub till he is up to full speed i would have thought..............

Sorry I've got to disagree

You should always play your best players - 100%

Players feelings can't come into it, football is a tough game and players have to accept the knocks, if Hamilton and McGhee throw the toys out the pram because they have been replaced by a better player, then you have to question there mentality, what they should be doing is strive to be better, so in future when they get a chance they are undroppable

However at this time Alexander and Paterson are better players, granted McGhee is banging on the door loudly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think Jack will mind playing back up. He's had 3 first team starts this season, more than he would ever have dreamed of. Alexander is our number 1 and he will play.

What do you think about soufian?

Keatings and Sow have for now earned their stripes but neilson and Levein both seem to rate the guy highly.

Pissed of there is an International break, but so happy being top of the pile, scoring goals from so many different players and playing football as it should be played. Love it...

What do you think about soufian?

Keatings and Sow have for now earned their stripes but neilson and Levein both seem to rate the guy highly.

I have seen this mentioned a few times and I don't doubt it, I am as intrigued as anyone to see him in action. Can anyone show me the the articles on Soufian when our management team have talked him up? As I said, don't doubt it, merely curious to see exactly what they have said.

I think we might go with Paterson for the majority of games where we expect to be the dominant attacking force, maybe use McGhee for the odd game where we might be under more pressure in defence.

After Saturday's performance, I'm drooling at the prospect of watching Nicholson and McHattie ripping teams open down the left, with King and Paterson doing the same on the right. Some poor buggers are going to be end of a proper hiding this season.

The thought of Paterson at RB Nicolson/King RM (depending on switch) is mouthwatering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alexander has to return as first choice. He is far more experienced, looks more comfortable with the ball at his feet and, most importantly, he is a commanding presence at the back and really marshalls the defence. Jack has done well enough to put himself into contention for second choice.

When those injured players return, we'll have our strongest team in over a year. We have picked up 29 points in our last 12 league games (eight in the SPL), something I'm sure the other Championship teams have noticed.

Destruction Derby

Match tomorrow?

Under 20's are playing against Motherwell at Newtongrange tomorrow. Sure he can play as an over-age player.

I would rather have Jordan at the back than Paterson. Jordan looks a more accomplished defender and more comfortable on the ball. Calum may be more of a threat going forward but I don't think we need that at the moment

Agree Alexander to going back in goals though

Archived