The Future of Hibernian FC Survey

Sooperstar

I particularly enjoyed my answer to question number 6 ...

6. Do you have any other comments or issues that should be known about or considered?

Can we be like Hearts as our biggest issue is we are pish!

I found the question regarding Eater Road, or its future, quite revealing.

I've not opened it. Is it initiated by Hibs? Offering the future of their stadium as a variable?

They really are struggling.

I've not opened it. Is it initiated by Hibs? Offering the future of their stadium as a variable?

asking if fan ownership is good idea.

I particularly enjoyed my answer to question number 6 ...

6. Do you have any other comments or issues that should be known about or considered?

Can we be like Hearts as our biggest issue is we are pish!

Do you wish to share? If not, it's cool.

This morning's continued meltdown and rumours of a bad meeting last night will provide me with enough lol till at least hometime :)

I think it was started by a fan/fans group.

The question was

Do you agree that Easter Road Stadium should be safeguarded as the future of Hibernian Football Club and any decision to change this must be made by the supporters?

Seemed a bit out of place, imo. Not sure who is responsible for the survey, but there is a header with SD (supporters direct?) at the top of the page.

Question 2. Would you be interested in attending an event where clubs such as Borussia Dortmund, Portsmouth and Dunfermline share how their ownership models work and the experiences they've had?

No mention of The Famous?

Question 4 - where would you prefer the income to be spent? Player Squad, Youth Academy or stadia and facilities?

Answer - Balloons and party hats for our inevitable relegation into league one.

Question 6 - Do you have any other comments or issues that should be known about or considered?

Answer - The club should hire a psychiatrist to help us fans get over the 1-5 pumping by our extremely superior Edinburgh rivals, even though we are already over it, no really, we are.

Question 2. Would you be interested in attending an event where clubs such as Borussia Dortmund, Portsmouth and Dunfermline share how their ownership models work and the experiences they've had?

No mention of The Famous?

suppose we're not fan owned yet but imo a gradual move as we seem to be doing is the best way

Hibs fans will demand they look at us soon enough especially if our good results continue

suppose we're not fan owned yet but imo a gradual move as we seem to be doing is the best way

Hibs fans will demand they look at us soon enough especially if our good results continue

A massive bitter pill to swallow when that happens.

The future?

Down the pan and into the sewers where shite normally goes.

We are so blessed to have that bunch as our derby rivals.

:jjyay:

gorgie rd eh11

I'm struggling to understand why they need to change, they're such a well run club, every man and his dug has been coming out with this. Petrie, the media, the obsessed a***holes who populate hibsnet and spend time over here, where did it all go wrong?

Tick Tock.

I'm struggling to understand why they need to change, they're such a well run club, every man and his dug has been coming out with this. Petrie, the media, the obsessed a***holes who populate hibsnet and spend time over here, where did it all go wrong?

Tick Tock.

Well so they have been telling us for years, so they surely must be happy with the status quo.

Question 4 - where would you prefer the income to be spent? Player Squad, Youth Academy or stadia and facilities?

Answer - Balloons and party hats for our inevitable relegation into league one.

Question 6 - Do you have any other comments or issues that should be known about or considered?

Answer - The club should hire a psychiatrist to help us fans get over the 1-5 pumping by our extremely superior Edinburgh rivals, even though we are already over it, no really, we are.

:naughty:

Great how they refuse to list Hearts in the list of clubs owned by fans.

we dont!! not yet anyway.

Flats, Flats glorious Flats...

Do you wish to share? If not, it's cool.

This morning's continued meltdown and rumours of a bad meeting last night will provide me with enough lol till at least hometime :)

Rumours of a bad meeting? Guess there was an AGM? Is there a thread on here?

Rumours of a bad meeting? Guess there was an AGM? Is there a thread on here?

From the Bounce -

Crux of the meeting was two points. Fan representation on the board. And possibility of fan ownership. Meeting at times got bogged down wioth the "Petrie out" brigade but most people wanted to get on with the discussion, although many people thought this was not the right time for this meeting as things stand and that the board should concentrate on the players...something Leanne said will continue to happen whether or not the meeting went ahead.

Anyway two proposals, one that the supporters vote in say two fans to sit on the board. How the voting would work was obviously a mute point and how to proceed with it and what say if any the fans would have. However I think it is a step in the right direction, if only to get some feedback on board meetings (though some stuff would be confidential obviously).

The greater discussion was had over fan ownership, with details of how it works at Dunfy, Hearts, Well and Germany. The Dunfy model looked good where there was also a safeguard put on the stadium which cant be sold without their say so, but that the majority of money went directly to operating costs...ie players. The German model showed that each local authority put a lot of money into the infrasctucture of the surrounding areas for the benefit of the club. Some cities invest as much as ?170m in rail and bus links, free transport, car parks etc, something which our local council won't do.

Leanne said she intended to answer peoples e-mails but completely underestimated the enormity of how many she would recieve, and time just isn't there to reply to everyone and one person suggested some kind of weekly blog answering the most asked questions, she seemed open to this. I really don't think she grasped how big Hibs were in the eyes of the fans.

Sadly she also reported the amount of verbally abusive texts and e-mails she recieved on Saturday night and that she spent the night in a hotel to distance herself for a while as she too was hurting over the result, and it is fair to say these kind of results will not be accepted.

One interesting this was somene asked why we don't put managers on rolling contracts...I was sure it was documented Alan already was...anyway Leanne hinted at a get out clause in his contract...presumabely which points towards results.

Overall I think the meeting was worthwhile though some didn't. But even meeting with the fans I fell is a positive venture as we need Leanne, the board, and the players to realise what the club means to us.

----------------------------------------------------------

It was too much for one poster on the Bounce who quoted - "We?ve hit the point of radicalisation. Nothing else will save us."

I found the question regarding Eater Road, or its future, quite revealing.

I reckon any spare cash or additional investment should go to new chandeliers in the Famous Five suites.

The question was

Do you agree that Easter Road Stadium should be safeguarded as the future of Hibernian Football Club and any decision to change this must be made by the supporters?

Seemed a bit out of place, imo. Not sure who is responsible for the survey, but there is a header with SD (supporters direct?) at the top of the page.

If the club own the ground, given it's state of repair, I'd have thought there would be no question over the ground.

Unless, any new Hibernian Football Club didn't own the ground...

Imagine abusing your chairwoman so much she doesn't feel safe enough to stay in her own home.

Vermin.

Hope Banderson picks up on it and show the Hibsman readers their class.

The question was

Knicked from the 'At last' thread.

They need to spend money on the demolition of the East Stand to find this....

louise_burnett_hearts_easter_road_dppa04small.jpg?w=196

Knicked from the 'At last' thread.

They need to spend money on the demolition of the East Stand to find this....

louise_burnett_hearts_easter_road_dppa04small.jpg?w=196

I'm not normally superstitious, but ever since our hearts top was buried under the foundation of their new stand, haven't they have been at their worst?!

:verysmug:

tartofmidlothian

I'm not normally superstitious, but ever since our hearts top was buried under the foundation of their new stand, haven't they have been at their worst?!

:spoton:

Before anyone says it was removed... Do you honestly expect it was the only one. :)

Pair of bawbags down there too i hear.

Gregory House M.D.

If the club own the ground, given it's state of repair, I'd have thought there would be no question over the ground.

Unless, any new Hibernian Football Club didn't own the ground...

Hibernian Football Club don't own the ground. Hibernian Holdings own Easter Road and Hibernian Football Club.

From the Bounce -

Crux of the meeting was two points. Fan representation on the board. And possibility of fan ownership. Meeting at times got bogged down wioth the "Petrie out" brigade but most people wanted to get on with the discussion, although many people thought this was not the right time for this meeting as things stand and that the board should concentrate on the players...something Leanne said will continue to happen whether or not the meeting went ahead.

Anyway two proposals, one that the supporters vote in say two fans to sit on the board. How the voting would work was obviously a mute point and how to proceed with it and what say if any the fans would have. However I think it is a step in the right direction, if only to get some feedback on board meetings (though some stuff would be confidential obviously).

The greater discussion was had over fan ownership, with details of how it works at Dunfy, Hearts, Well and Germany. The Dunfy model looked good where there was also a safeguard put on the stadium which cant be sold without their say so, but that the majority of money went directly to operating costs...ie players. The German model showed that each local authority put a lot of money into the infrasctucture of the surrounding areas for the benefit of the club. Some cities invest as much as ?170m in rail and bus links, free transport, car parks etc, something which our local council won't do.

Leanne said she intended to answer peoples e-mails but completely underestimated the enormity of how many she would recieve, and time just isn't there to reply to everyone and one person suggested some kind of weekly blog answering the most asked questions, she seemed open to this. I really don't think she grasped how big Hibs were in the eyes of the fans.

Sadly she also reported the amount of verbally abusive texts and e-mails she recieved on Saturday night and that she spent the night in a hotel to distance herself for a while as she too was hurting over the result, and it is fair to say these kind of results will not be accepted.

One interesting this was somene asked why we don't put managers on rolling contracts...I was sure it was documented Alan already was...anyway Leanne hinted at a get out clause in his contract...presumabely which points towards results.

Overall I think the meeting was worthwhile though some didn't. But even meeting with the fans I fell is a positive venture as we need Leanne, the board, and the players to realise what the club means to us.

It was too much for one poster on the Bounce who quoted - "We?ve hit the point of radicalisation. Nothing else will save us."

:jjyay:

Remember not to make it too obvious when replying - subtle negativity please.

Tick tock you H1B5 bawbags.

Wil they suss me out. I was very pro-Petrie.

The guys a legend.

loveofthegame

Where would you prefer the income to be spent? Player Squad, Youth Academy or stadia and facilities or other?

Other: Keeping the balance sheet ticking over.

In order to act like a Hobo, you have to think like a Hobo :)

Survey could be completely useless with number of Hearts fans completing it.

If survey is being done properly multiple entries ie same computer/ laptop / phone etc will be discounted. However...

From the Bounce -

And only in the eyes of their fans

We buried it in 1902?

Archived