Balancing the books

Ecce Romanov

I know that the players we have brought in would be on a budget (even though they seem to be really decent footballers) and that dosh from season tickets/monthly contributions/match day ticket sales has been great, but I would like to think that we can do this whilst not building up another debt.

We need to live within our means.There is no reason why we shouldn't and still be successful.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I know that the players we have brought in would be on a budget (even though they seem to be really decent footballers) and that dosh from season tickets/monthly contributions/match day ticket sales has been great, but I would like to think that we can do this whilst not building up another debt.

We need to live within our means.There is no reason why we shouldn't and still be successful.

What is it that specifically worries you? I think we are balancing the books and living within our means.

Im hoping all the signings we have made are within a budget that doesnt allow us go into debt. We've made quite a bit of money this season so far so heres hoping.

I'm almost certain our books will be fine and we will be making money this season - maybe not any significant sums but making money all the same.

Remember we have budgeted for two years in this league.

kingantti1874

There is no possibility we will be running up a significant debt as no financial organisation will ever grant a significant facility.

Our wage bill will be well within limits

We are a Championship club, just out of administration. I doubt any of the players coming in will have been expecting bumper pay packets! We'll be well within our means.

I'm almost certain our books will be fine and we will be making money this season - maybe not any significant sums but making money all the same.

Remember we have budgeted for two years in this league.

indeed and i bet we didn't budget on average crowds of 16k

There is no possibility we will be running up a significant debt as no financial organisation will ever grant a significant facility.

Exactly. Couldn't even if we wanted to.... Would be fun tho..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think Mrs Budge got to where she is financially by throwing money away.

She will have us running very efficiently, also the people she brought in had very good business backgrounds, was there not some guy who had previously been with Delloite?

They will grant us credit, but not for at lest five or six years. Until then, we won't be in a position to go even ?1.00 in debt, or overdrawn,so I do not think we have anything to worry about.

Im hoping all the signings we have made are within a budget that doesnt allow us go into debt. We've made quite a bit of money this season so far so heres hoping.

everything is being done within the allocated budget ....

Don't know why you even raise this. A thought out and workable plan is in place backed by an intelligent and very successful business woman. Income is exceeding budget significantly and there is no reason why we will ever "build up another debt".

Fxxx the SPFL

it woudl not surprise me if we are not making a half profit at present. As already stated the club budgeted for two years in the Championship (could still happen) and probably 8k-9k season tickets (conjecture) We have exceeded that and brought in about 3.2m in season tickets and it looks like near sell outs at home games. So i would like to think that we are financially doing pretty well.

It's a truism that we all want the club to be well run financially. Is there any reason for us to be discussing this at the minute? By all means have that chat, but if it's just people saying "not losing money is better than losing money" then it's not going to be fruitful. However, if someone has heard that the CEO has spent three times the advertising budget or that the gaffer has had his bar tab called in and it runs to 6 figures then that's a discussion i'd like to have.

It's also worth remembering that the new owners inherited a skeleton staff (both playing and otherwise) that were on very modest wages.

I have no concerns with us breaking even given we sold almost 13k season tickets and are using two years of FOH money (just short of ?3m) to stabilise the club.

It's a truism that we all want the club to be well run financially. Is there any reason for us to be discussing this at the minute? By all means have that chat, but if it's just people saying "not losing money is better than losing money" then it's not going to be fruitful. However, if someone has heard that the CEO has spent three times the advertising budget or that the gaffer has had his bar tab called in and it runs to 6 figures then that's a discussion i'd like to have.

Agreed. Not saying the OP is trolling but it comes across as a bit of Hobbit undercover work sowing the seed that we can't be trusted and we will run up another massive debt - after all we are "Cheats" you know....

To answer the question you pose, No.

While not privy to the internal financial workings, pretty sure that Mrs B would not have set budgets that banked on 12,000+ STs and 16,000+ crowds.

Things seem to be pretty good, to put it mildly. Why it would occur to anyone to question the financial position at this point seems a bit... ...bizarre, for want of a better word.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Who cares about finances, we always come up smelling of Roses no matter who we cheat and rob and murder.

To answer the question you pose, No.

While not privy to the internal financial workings, pretty sure that Mrs B would not have set budgets that banked on 12,000+ STs and 16,000+ crowds.

Things seem to be pretty good, to put it mildly. Why it would occur to anyone to question the financial position at this point seems a bit... ...bizarre, for want of a better word.

Trolling perchance?

I understand the OPs concerns and certainly none of us want to end up in the position we have been in for the better part of the last 20 years. However, I still think it's a daft post.

You do realise that, regardless of the signings, our squad is still largely made up of player from our youth academy? And that we still have the third biggest average attendance and, I would guess, the third highest turnover even without the Premiership TV money in Scottish football.

Our wage bill was basically nothing last year because we barely had a squad. We HAD to add about 10 players to it. Look at the squad, we're still a very young team.

And who's come in for big money? Osman Sow was going to sign for Hibs before Butcher got emptied so you know he's definitely not earning much. Morgaro Gomis was a back-up at Dundee United last year. Prince Buaben was a late summer free agent after being released by Carlisle. James Keatings was at Hamilton, a club that averaged crowds of about 1,500 last term. Scott Gallacher came from Rangers, but then he's hardly played football outside of loan deals with part-time clubs, which is where he probably would have been going back to if we didn't take a chance on him.

Neil Alexander might be on a decent wack, but I don't think he will be. I think giving him the opportunity to begin his coaching career would have allowed us to negotiate a lower salary than any possible deals with English Championship or League One clubs. Ozturk and El Hass are other potential decent earners, since they've moved from Europe, but neither were playing at a particularly high level.

Complete guess, but I would reckon Danny Wilson will be our highest earner on around 4k a week. Alexander not far behind and everybody else on less than 3k, most less than 2k.

The People's Chimp

Sadly the signing of Brynn Halliwell means that we are back on the slippery slope towards debt and administration.

Tick Tock.

I agree. I think this is why Smith is away and why we were willing to let Robinson go. I think we will be careful.

Got a text last night from my brother in law( whose a Falkirk fan) says both Robinson and Smith are off to Falkirk, Smith on a free but he's not sure about Robinson

I don't see any evidence of us not living within our means. Unsure why anyone's so concerned with the way we're doing things now.

I don't see any evidence of us not living within our means. Unsure why anyone's so concerned with the way we're doing things now.

I agree. We're doomed.

Winston Ingram

I understand the OPs concerns and certainly none of us want to end up in the position we have been in for the better part of the last 20 years. However, I still think it's a daft post.

You do realise that, regardless of the signings, our squad is still largely made up of player from our youth academy? And that we still have the third biggest average attendance and, I would guess, the third highest turnover even without the Premiership TV money in Scottish football.

Our wage bill was basically nothing last year because we barely had a squad. We HAD to add about 10 players to it. Look at the squad, we're still a very young team.

And who's come in for big money? Osman Sow was going to sign for Hibs before Butcher got emptied so you know he's definitely not earning much. Morgaro Gomis was a back-up at Dundee United last year. Prince Buaben was a late summer free agent after being released by Carlisle. James Keatings was at Hamilton, a club that averaged crowds of about 1,500 last term. Scott Gallacher came from Rangers, but then he's hardly played football outside of loan deals with part-time clubs, which is where he probably would have been going back to if we didn't take a chance on him.

Neil Alexander might be on a decent wack, but I don't think he will be. I think giving him the opportunity to begin his coaching career would have allowed us to negotiate a lower salary than any possible deals with English Championship or League One clubs. Ozturk and El Hass are other potential decent earners, since they've moved from Europe, but neither were playing at a particularly high level.

Complete guess, but I would reckon Danny Wilson will be our highest earner on around 4k a week. Alexander not far behind and everybody else on less than 3k, most less than 2k.

Would be surprised if Wilson was on anything close to that.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Who cares about finances, we always come up smelling of Roses no matter who we cheat and rob and murder.

:lol:

It's great being assassins/murderers etc.

Bungalow Bill

Not a daft post at all, everyone is allowed to have their concerns.

I'd like to think we will never be in debt again, when FOH take over fully it should be part of the charter (or whatever it's called) that we never run at a loss again.

But anyway, there is no one out there who would actually lend to HMFC at this moment in time so we will well and truly be living within our means at the very least.

The fans are making it possible.

If we continue to support our club as we are now then we can continue to enjoy this team and replace with equal or better quality.

I salute you all. Greatest fans ever.

torino calcio

I would have thought that we're generating more income than would have been anticipated. Against that you have to assume and trust that expenditure is within budget. In the spirit of openness some sort of general statement by the club to that effect would be welcome.

Put it away.

You and everyone else will get the figures at the end of the year as is the case with all businesses.

Bazzas right boot

Our budget will become the 3rd biggest in Scotland if managed the correct way and do things sensibly and not try to rush to get promoted, and if promoted build over 2-3 seasons, not rush to end up in the top3/4.

Archived