Gary Oliver - On loan to Stenhousemuir until 1st Jan

Armageddon

Good decision from the club, now El Hass is fit he's 4th in line and behind Carrick as well when he's fit. Makes sense to loan him out.

Good to see Hollis has been canned as well, must mean Alexander and Gallacher must be scheduled to be back to fitness for the Dumbarton game.

Good decision from the club, now El Hass is fit he's 4th in line and behind Carrick as well when he's fit. Makes sense to loan him out.

Good to see Hollis has been canned as well, must mean Alexander and Gallacher must be scheduled to be back to fitness for the Dumbarton game.

This!

Good for Oliver to get game time. Thought we had Hollis till January, oh well thanks for coming Lee, all the best in your future endeavours .

Say What Again

First I've seen the development temporary transfer explained (I'd never bothered to look before). Seems a very good idea and should be beneficial to both clubs and the player.

Thought Stenny deserved credit against us last week, for continually trying to play from the back and not just hoof it. Chance for Gary to make the most of this opportunity.

We can also get him (Oliver) back if required and he will be match fit and mentally ready to step up to the plate.

Good move IMO. He looks a real talent but going out and getting a few months of first team football will be far more beneficial than the odd sub appearance here and there. He should hopefully get a few goals in that league as well, good luck Gary.

First I've seen the development temporary transfer explained (I'd never bothered to look before). Seems a very good idea and should be beneficial to both clubs and the player.

So if Stenhousemuir are part time will Oliver and Liam Smith at East Fife also train some of time with us too.

So if Stenhousemuir are part time will Oliver and Liam Smith at East Fife also train some of time with us too.

Yep and play for our under. 20's as well

source says he booted over a table with plant pot and vase on it, which both smashed, kicked a hole in robbie's office door as he left and never smiled once...............

make of that what you will................

:gfy:

source says he booted over a table with plant pot and vase on it, which both smashed, kicked a hole in robbie's office door as he left and never smiled once...............

make of that what you will................

:gfy:

yeah - back Wednesday morning at Riccarton for training

UnbelievableJeff

I'd have kept him TBH. He was next in line behind Sow and Keatings. Sow has already had a ban and was pretty ineffective on Saturday. Carrick is injury prone and not as good as Oliver IMO. Hassnoui is completely untried, hasn't been fit since we signed him and hasn't done a pre-season. We could have kept him for a few weeks yet and loaned him out then. Still, I suppose we can recall him if needs be.

We were owe Stenhousemuir money pre administration. I wonder if that's been paid or if Oliver is the 'payment'

I'd have kept him TBH. He was next in line behind Sow and Keatings. Sow has already had a ban and was pretty ineffective on Saturday. Carrick is injury prone and not as good as Oliver IMO. Hassnoui is completely untried, hasn't been fit since we signed him and hasn't done a pre-season. We could have kept him for a few weeks yet and loaned him out then. Still, I suppose we can recall him if needs be.

We were owe Stenhousemuir money pre administration. I wonder if that's been paid or if Oliver is the 'payment'

Funny, I thought Sow was excellent on Saturday.

we may play one up front at times

As far as im concerned we have been playing one up front at all times with the 3 in behind

Seymour M Hersh

What's good for these young lads going out on loan means instead of playing against boys their own age and younger they will be getting game time against men. It will toughen them up and make them readier for first team action on their return. It's one of the reasons Robbie played so many youngsters against Livi.

fabienleclerq

I'm happy to trust Ribbie on this but I felt he was doing well when he came in. He was the form striker in pre season and imo had forced carrick down the pecking order. Anyhow I'm assuming El Has and carrick are now fit and ready to play?

He'll score at least a goal a game there and come well and truly back into contention in Jan when we are forced to accept a ?10m bid from Newcastle for Sow :-).

Punks No Deid

What's good for these young lads going out on loan means instead of playing against boys their own age and younger they will be getting game time against men. It will toughen them up and make them readier for first team action on their return. It's one of the reasons Robbie played so many youngsters against Livi.

Bang on the button SMH

Allowayjambo1874

This deal would seem to dispel any rumours around Carrick being looked at by others/offer coming in as cannot believe we would let ourselves go down to 3 strikers one of whom hasn't played.

On a slightly different tangent and know this wouldn't be a driver for a loan deal but take it stenny would pick up some of his wages?

Could work out well for him/us but given his game time to goals ratio I am a wee bit surprised.

Unlike most, he got a one year deal in the summer. He needs game time to show what he can do. Sensible move by the club and good for the player.

portobellojambo1

Agree with this, I like Gary Oliver, he has a lot of promise, and the best way he can continue to develop is to be playing first team football regularly. It also seems like a good choice of team HMFC are allowing him to go to, I thought during the game at Ochilview last week they played some nice football going forward, he's not going to a team where he will be playing kick and rush sort of stuff.

UnbelievableJeff

Aye your probably right. I'm still a bit pissed off with his performance against a poor Hibs centre half culminating in a daft red card. He wasn't a stand out on Saturday compared with others around him, such as King,Nicholson and Keatings but he certainly wasn't bad. We need to stop playing it long to him. It's just not his best asset.

Cardiac Rucksack

:cornette:

Cardiac Rucksack

He's doing well to judge Osman's performance when standing in Alloa.

UnbelievableJeff

He's doing well to judge Osman's performance when standing in Alloa.

Alloa ? You mean me ? Seriously ?

Aye your probably right. I'm still a bit pissed off with his performance against a poor Hibs centre half culminating in a daft red card. He wasn't a stand out on Saturday compared with others around him, such as King,Nicholson and Keatings but he certainly wasn't bad. We need to stop playing it long to him. It's just not his best asset.

Hibs game: you know, he'll have better games but his presence makes it easier for guys like King, Nicholson and Keatings. If somebody is marking Sow that's space for the others.

Falkirk: I thought his touch, movement and interplay was really good. His pace for the penalty made the penalty.

I do agree about playing it long, but we did that a lot less on Saturday.

Archived