Just for fun - end of season points prediction

gashauskis9

I just predicted the results of Hearts' and Rangers' fixtures this season and came up with us winning the league with 80 points (I've made provision for leakages along the way) ahead of them with 79 points. This means we go into the last day 2 points behind them and snatch it at the death :-).

Anyone else had a stab at this yet, or am I jinxing it?

loveofthegame

It is impossible to predict, but we'll def drop points along the way.

One thing is for sure it is going to be tight. So cliche but we just have to keep taking each game at a time....

One point or same points but better goal difference than whoever is second place will do me

BonnyriggSectionG

I would be happier not to rely on goal difference on the last day of the season.

Not the ideal scenario but if on the last day of the season we are three points ahead of the rangers I would prefer us to have a 4/5 goal difference advantage on them and thats why scoring 4+ against the smaller teams is important.

When on top of teams we need to score a few cos could came down to goal difference,sayin that when they get their 25 point deduction might come down to goal difference between them and hibs for 5th place:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shanks said no

81 pts when Rangers have their 25 pts deducted, makes it mathematically impossible, even by the GFA, for them to get more points than us. If we don't draw any games then that's us won 4 of the 27 games we need.

I've calculated it pretty conservatively and I reckon 81 points. That's including a couple of poor results against QoS, Falkirk away and losing two of the next three against Rangers. In all honesty I think Rangers will get 85+ at least so we need to match that. If we can win the next three (nothing for granted but we should) then Queens away will be a massive test of where we are. It would send out quite a message if we were to win there too to make it 8 from 8. Pressure on Rangers would really build!

i think we will lose 4 games and draw 3 the rest are WINS!

I think I had 6 defeats and 4 draws. 26 wins out of 36.

I went for a worst case scenario which had the Huns beating us home and away, us losing one away to Falkirk, losing twice at QOTS and them fluking the 2nd ER fixture.

i think we will lose 4 games and draw 3 the rest are WINS!

90 points

I say 92 points. - 3 defeats, 4 draws but there or thereabouts

and Champions in April

Regal Kingston

Don't think it's impossible to go through the season unbeaten.

Don't see what we have to fear from Queen of the South and Hibs and Falkirk have not impressed.

Rangers at Ibrox will obviously be the biggest challenge.

I'm going for. W31D3 L2 F102 A23

96 points.

91 minimum

114 maximum

-

-

-

-

I'm with you. I don't see us conceding more than 18 points so 90 is the minimum for me. 114 is outrageous but with this team, it might well be possible. Won't matter though as 90 will win the league. The two Cup wins will just be a bonus.

I'm with you. I don't see us conceding more than 18 points so 90 is the minimum for me. 114 is outrageous but with this team, it might well be possible. Won't matter though as 90 will win the league. The two Cup wins will just be a bonus.

114 is outrageous, as there are only 108 available.

114 is outrageous, as there are only 108 available.

Ricardo caught me there Claudia. As you will see from my impeccable maths I deducted 18 from 108 to come up with 90.

Ricardo has some explaining to do.

Ricardo caught me there Claudia. As you will see from my impeccable maths I deducted 18 from 108 to come up with 90.

I'll let you off then.

I think 90points has to be the target... The league is between us and sevco. To what I have seen so far both teams should win most games so we need to apply ourselfs as title contenders and that means dropping points in less than a quarter of games

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I think Rangers 2012 will get at least 90 so we obviously need to beat that. In all seriousness who have we seen that genuinely looking like stealing points off either of us? We need to win every week folks, that's a new pressure for us.

Ricardo Quaresma

:lol:

Been making all too many 'assumptions' lately; taking things for granted; we were in the top league for a loooooong time

Anyhoo, still 17 at the most, 4 at least :)

Archived