***Official transfer deadline day thread***

iantjambo

There's a balance. If Hearts were in dire straits they'd take the money and run, no question.

Also, Nicholson is just starting to really blossom and would recognise the fact he'd be bit part if he went to Everton.

It would be a kick in the teeth to him to then be sent out in loan when he could stay at Hearts and further his progress in a competitive and well structured coaching environment we have now.

Our management staff won't fear missing out on a million as they'll have trust in their own ability and the player's to earn more from any future transfers when the player is even stronger in a few years.

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nicholson wouldn't even make the match day squad at this moment in time.

He'd be daft to move at this stage in his career.

Dagger Is Back

Hearts will not have budgeted for 12500 ST holders. They won't have budgeted for sell out home games. What did Saturday net us? An additional ?80K someone mentioned?

We don't need to sell especially at bargain basement prices. SN is worth way more than ?1M and those in charge will be well aware of that. Selling at the 11th hour too is not good news unless you feel that you already have the squad you need. It doesn't give you time to replace.

Depends of course on SNs ambitions and what trigger clause if any, he has in his contract. He will want to play but he can't test himself at the highest level if he's bench warming.

I think we'll get offers for him today but they'll be rejected.

I think some of the big things in our favour are that Sam is a big hearts fan, I truly believe also that all our players are happy an enjoying their football right now.

There is a tremendous feel good factor around the club right now and I know these guys are loving being part of it.

Future offers for a lot of our players will outweigh what will be offered today IMO.

Forget the idea of taking anybody we may sell today back on loan for the season. I'm under the impression that we're all about developing our own players, not other teams, and I am comfortable with that.

jordanthorburn1

Personally I'd say we need to get holt tied down for longer to ensure we get decent money for him. Nicholson I think is at least worth 1.5million id take that plus add ons but if he goes it's vital we get him back on loan. As for players in.. I think if Robinson is leaving then a cm is required if not then I'm happy with it as it is. Toshney not really needed IMO

Personally I'd say we need to get holt tied down for longer to ensure we get decent money for him. Nicholson I think is at least worth 1.5million id take that plus add ons but if he goes it's vital we get him back on loan. As for players in.. I think if Robinson is leaving then a cm is required if not then I'm happy with it as it is. Toshney not really needed IMO

I think he was offered, but knocked back, a contract extension.

Why sell Sam for ?1M when we don't need the money right now, if he continues to play the way he has been more clubs will show an interest which will bump the price up. (That goes for all the players)

With the extra gate receipts etc we'll make that ?1M anyway this season.

Has it been mentioned yet that Falkirk are currently in talks to take Robinson?

Killie also in the frame but have yet to actually offer anything I believe.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Falcao to be shoehorned into a ridiculous 3-5-2 system. :vrface:

At least Moyes tried to play players in their right positions.

Would have loved to see him at Arsenal - think he could have been a huge hit. Agree though about Man Utd and their tactics. Plus they are going to need to keep a lot of egos in check, not least LVG.

Mate of mine is a big Man Utd fan. Was saying last night after fives that it just needs time to click and it'll all come together. Said the signings made were excellent so far and were the right guys to bring in.

When I asked if he felt Moyes would've done better with this level of support from the board and hadn't had Ferdinand, acidic and Giggs against him if he'd have fared better I got told no, because Moyes isn't a decent manager.

At least Moyes knew he needed a new back line and a few centre mids rather than Falcao.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Mate of mine is a big Man Utd fan. Was saying last night after fives that it just needs time to click and it'll all come together. Said the signings made were excellent so far and were the right guys to bring in.

When I asked if he felt Moyes would've done better with this level of support from the board and hadn't had Ferdinand, acidic and Giggs against him if he'd have fared better I got told no, because Moyes isn't a decent manager.

At least Moyes knew he needed a new back line and a few centre mids rather than Falcao.

Correct. Signing Di Maria, a winger. Play him in midfield alongside the imposter Mata. Now sign another striker when United are crying out for another stopper, whilst breaking the bank.

This clown Woodward has to go!

Correct. Signing Di Maria, a winger. Play him in midfield alongside the imposter Mata. Now sign another striker when United are crying out for another stopper, whilst breaking the bank.

This clown Woodward has to go!

BwcIMk-IQAAIOkb.png

I can see this thread becoming Englified. Any Scottish deals touted today?

Celtic's big money striker from Gijon has knocked them back at the last minute.

Shame. :jjyay:

tartofmidlothian

I can see this thread becoming Englified. Any Scottish deals touted today?

The BBC usually do a Scottish deadline day live feed, but I can't see one.

Van Gaal is special IMHO, he'll do a great job in the end.

Every new club he joins struggles for the first 3 months or so until they get round to his way of thinking but never forget this is a guy who's won league titles with 4 different clubs. He expects a tough start but doesn't lack confidence, he'll see them through I'm sure.

I expect we'll see some movement out of OT today and a couple of more defensively minded signings to balance things up a bit more

Hibs sign Dylan McGeouch from Celtic

Edit: On loan

Thank you madvladsdad. At least it's Scottish Transfer News. I don't care 2 rubber ducks for the EPL and I've lived here for 33 years...

However, if Everton were to up their offer for Sam N to ?5m + add ons I might be a tad interested...

Whose the league 1 club down south sniffing about Carrick?

League 1? I'd be stunned if any of our youngsters proved to be lacking in ambition so much

tartofmidlothian

Whose the league 1 club down south sniffing about Carrick?

With a knowledge of Scottish football?

Maybe our former captain and his youth coach...?

loveofthegame

Good signing? Looks a bit Hibs anyway.

Potentially, scored a wonder goal at Celtic but hasn't kicked on at all since then. Hasn't kept a place in the team and struggled to hold one down at Coventry in League 1 last year.

With David Smith being told he can find a new club and is free to go, I don't think Robbie will let Sam go as they might be short on cover for that position.

Hibs signing loan players again...not exactly worked out for them recently plus what does it say about their youth players if they are willing to develop another(rival) clubs players?

I'd genuinely be upset if we signed loan players from anyone else in Scotland rather than progress our own. It has been so refreshing to see some of our youngsters play for the first team regularly.

Possibility of a few players leaving today, on loan and permanently.

I'm told we have received bids for 3 players (Nicholson, Holt and Carrick) but all of them have been rebuffed.

Robinson is on the verge of joining Falkirk although if Kilmarnock follow up their initial interest then he will likely go there instead.

Raith Rovers are in for David Smith.

Toshney will sign once he negotiates his release from Celtic.

Any other Hearts related news stick it in here people. :thumbsup:

I wouldn't have expected to read a sentence like this ten years ago (from the Scotsman):

"Leicester City had agreed a ?7million deal for Scotland midfielder McArthur but pulled out of the deal after snaring Esteban Cambiasso instead."

Hibs looking to tie up a loan deal for Jake Sinclair of Southampton. 19 year old striker I believe.

Hardly the experienced player they need.

loveofthegame

Hibs looking to tie up a loan deal for Jake Sinclair of Southampton. 19 year old striker I believe.

Hardly the experienced player they need.

Exactly. They've lost there main goal threat and are looking to replace him with an unheralded kid. Fine by me.

Exactly. They've lost there main goal threat and are looking to replace him with an unheralded kid. Fine by me.

a player with one pro appearance, as an injury time sub in a league cup tie. He probably didn't even get a touch

I wouldn't have expected to read a sentence like this ten years ago (from the Scotsman):

"Leicester City had agreed a ?7million deal for Scotland midfielder McArthur but pulled out of the deal after snaring Esteban Cambiasso instead."

Hamilton won't be happy...

loveofthegame

Wigan in for Lewis McLeod from Rankgers. ?800k. (source=Twitter)

Good stuff. A wee bid or 2 for Wallace would also be excellent.

Archived