***Official transfer deadline day thread***

iantjambo

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jamboinglasgow

I think two players will leave, one on loan, another permanent. And one player will come in (Toshney.)

I think two players will leave, one on loan, another permanent. And one player will come in (Toshney.)

I think Robinson will leave, Killie and Falkirk sniffing around apparently.

Who you thinking on loan?

jamboinglasgow

I think Robinson will leave, Killie and Falkirk sniffing around apparently.

Who you thinking on loan?

I reckon Gary Oliver or someone like Robbie Buchanan going out on a developmental temporary loan. It could possibly be both Robinson and David Smith out.

I reckon Gary Oliver or someone like Robbie Buchanan going out on a developmental temporary loan. It could possibly be both Robinson and David Smith out.

Yip, with El Hassnaoui back, Oliver may just be going on loan to get some first team football!

Bridge of Djoum

Agree with the Oliver statement. Maybe just a bit early for him to get regular games at the moment.

I just hope we hold onto Nicholson!

Just been told Everton have bid ?1m for him.I am not claiming to be in the know or anything just fan talk from the guy at my work and he mentioned this.Hopefully it's nothing.

If that's true about Nicholson it should be turned down. Don't need the money and that is a joke of a offer for someone like him.

?1m would be an impossible amount to turn down...

Nonsense, especially when Gauld and Robertson both went for more than ?2.5million in the past couple of months.

Guest GhostHunter

Nonsense, especially when Gauld and Robertson both went for more than ?2.5million in the past couple of months.

We'll see....

Gauld had a lot of media exposure which probably bumped his value up a fair bit.

Dexter is right,Hearts would find a million quid hard to refuse.

Fxxx the SPFL

Gauld had a lot of media exposure which probably bumped his value up a fair bit.

Dexter is right,Hearts would find a million quid hard to refuse.

I think we should turn down the money i'm sure what AB budgeted for this season will be way above her expectations provided we keep on winning and to do that we need to keep ALL our good young players just now.

Guest GhostHunter

We aren't awash with money.

There's only a finite amount available with AB's initial outlay, coupled to the FoH money, then there's the payments back to AB and wages etc.

We'd be monumentally stupid to turn down 7 figures for any player in the current climate.

Im hearing its going to be a long day for keeping a hold of Nicholson.

Dale Carrick is another attracting interest.

Phil D. Corners

I think we should turn down the money i'm sure what AB budgeted for this season will be way above her expectations provided we keep on winning and to do that we need to keep ALL our good young players just now.

I think the issue is the player might want to leave. Ann can turn down the cash, but can a player turn down a mega bucks contract??

letsalldothebeattie

Hopefully can keep hold of all our top young players Nicholson, King, Holt, McGhee etc.

Wouldn't be surprised if Newcastle & Sunderland tested us with a bid or bids for Jordan McGhee today.

Wouldn't be surprised if Robinson & Smith left today.

Would like to see us bring in somebody if possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We aren't awash with money.

There's only a finite amount available with AB's initial outlay, coupled to the FoH money, then there's the payments back to AB and wages etc.

We'd be monumentally stupid to turn down 7 figures for any player in the current climate.

:spoton:

People really need to get to grips with our new reality.

Shurely the most important thing is getting back up into the Premiership. If we can hold onto them and they turn out to be as good as we hope they are, then their value will have gone up by then (assuming they still have a reasonable amount of time left on their contracts).

Nicholson seems like a smart lad, I think he'd understand if we turned offers down. He doesn't strike me as the type to kick up a fuss if we were to turn down a bid for him. Pleny time for him to develop.

That said, if someone comes in with more that ?1m pound for him we might find it hard to turn down.

letsalldothebeattie

In regard to Nicholson ?1m is good but look at Gauld going for ?3m with less game time that Sam. We could surely get same if not more in a year or 2

Gregory House M.D.

We wouldn't be monumentally stupid to turn down anything short of ?2m for Nicholson. The laddie is going places and at this stage a ?1m move to the strongest Everton side in years isn't a good move for Sam and isn't all that great money. It's a good move on paper purely because of the name but in terms of chances it would be pretty shite.

We'll have an income of circa ?7m with FoH cash. Somehow, I think we'll get by.

He'll also be worth more back in the prem. Honestly can't see us selling for ?1m less than 3 months after starting with a clean slate and having sold out signs up at the majority of games with 12,000 ST holders.

The only player I'd say it would be very wise to sell is Jason Holt as there is no chance in hell he'll be with us beyond the summer of 2015.

Just been told Everton have bid ?1m for him.I am not claiming to be in the know or anything just fan talk from the guy at my work and he mentioned this.Hopefully it's nothing.

If it's true then maybe we take the money and keep him on loan until next summer. That would be the best scenario.

Gregory House M.D.

Then again, we could end up in a Driver scenario but that's very unlikely.

kingantti1874

It isn't 2008, the epl is floating in cash - the posters above are right we can't really turn down big money, but we DONT need it to get through the season.. We should wrong every last penny out of them

It isn't 2008, the epl is floating in cash - the posters above are right we can't really turn down big money, but we DONT need it to get through the season.. We should wrong every last penny out of them

Apart from spelling wring wrong I agree with every word of this

Jason Holt is the only youngster who hasn't yet signed a new contract. Wouldn't be at all surprised if there was interest in him.

For christ sake!.hope hearts have more backbone than some of you lot.1 million is a lot of money but we can get more if we wait.squeeze as much money out of these epl chancers as possible.like to see the rage if celtic offered the same for him.

Considering the amount of money that spent in England on very average players. ?1 million is a joke

Hope hearts do the right thing for Sam and the club by rejecting it.

Gregory House M.D.

For christ sake!.hope hearts have more backbone than some of you lot.1 million is a lot of money but we can get more if we wait.squeeze as much money out of these epl chancers as possible.like to see the rage if celtic offered the same for him.

Exactly. Celtic or Rangers offer that much and it's derogatory.

Let's not forget how much we got for Two-purple-patches Templeton amidst financial trouble.

Sam Nicholson is worth way more than him IMO.

Takeshi's Tynecastle

?1m for any of our players would be difficult to turn down...

...except in the case of Nicholson. He just signed a new contract, which CL said was the best business we would do this summer. So we are in a strong position on that front.

Also selling right now would be going against the new ethos at the club - to play a few years at Hearts first, then go on to bigger and better things. Nicholson could end up being the best example of this to use in future if we keep him a bit longer. Though tbf Everton would be a great club to go to, especially as an attacking player.

Lastly, if we aren't desperate to sell then we get to play hardball on deadline day. Assuming no previous offers have been made, no way would I accept this initial bid (if it is even true of course!)

Guest GhostHunter

Considering the amount of money that spent in England on very average players. ?1 million is a joke

Hope hearts do the right thing for Sam and the club by rejecting it.

?1m in England IS a joke, however, in Scotland, it's not.

As a caveat to my posts above - Sam IS worth more, but I still maintain,we'll sell if we're offered that much. I'd love nothing more than for AB/CL can prove me wrong.

:jj:

Rudi??

:runaway:

:jj:

Rudi??

:runaway:

Took 36 replies.

36!!!!!!!

Losing your touch kickbackers

:jjyay:

?1m for any of our players would be difficult to turn down...

...except in the case of Nicholson. He just signed a new contract, which CL said was the best business we would do this summer. So we are in a strong position on that front.

Also selling right now would be going against the new ethos at the club - to play a few years at Hearts first, then go on to bigger and better things. Nicholson could end up being the best example of this to use in future if we keep him a bit longer. Though tbf Everton would be a great club to go to, especially as an attacking player.

Lastly, if we aren't desperate to sell then we get to play hardball on deadline day. Assuming no previous offers have been made, no way would I accept this initial bid (if it is even true of course!)

?1M is not hard to turn down when the player is on a 3 Yr contract and you don't need to sell.

6 month loan for Oliver, Robinson and Smith to leave me reckons. Also think we'll bring in Toshney and a CM. I'd expect bids to come in for Nicholson and McGhee but we'll tell them to do one or ask for cash + player.

Victor Meldrew

If it's true then maybe we take the money and keep him on loan until next summer. That would be the best scenario.

That wouldn't be a bad deal.

?1M is not hard to turn down when the player is on a 3 Yr contract and you don't need to sell.

This.

Would expect Toshney. If Robinson goes would like to see some cover as with Prince suspended that would leave just Gomis and Holt with Beith probably next in line. Not quite ready yet me thinks?

If 1m was evertons opening bid we would be stupid not to at least try and haggle a better price. Offer him for 2 and settle at 1.5 for example. You don't have to bite the hand off at the first offer.

We have a five year plan here,without a shadow of a doubt Sams value will have rocketed in a years time,unless we are desperate it makes no sense at all to sell just now

Craig isnt stupid he will know that sam will be worth a lot more in 1/2 years time. The lad has serious potential. Sam himself will also know that going to evert9n will mean very little game time, and he will be enjoying his football at the moment. The money will come for him, no rush.

No rush to sell these guys, they have long contracts so we can hold out for very big offers.

Just imagine Sam signing for Everton and going out on loan to Hibs via Stubbs contacts ha ha.

Archived