Gary Locke

Beats

Mind the seethe when his contract wasn't renewed?

Opinions now?

Nice guy, awful manager, wish him all the best.

PaulHartley10

I was only disappointed with the departure of MacDonald. Still think he was worth keeping.

But you can definitely see why Hamill, Stevenson and even McGowan were allowed to leave with the football we're trying to play now.

Ah, Budgement Day.

Remember the folk on the shite Facebook page that said they were cancelling their direct debits? :cornette:

Opinions now?

I'll stand by now, what I said back then.

He should never have been in the job, but after he was given it, I said he should've been emptied after the league cup final against St Mirren and if not then, after the semi against ICT the following year.

Him and Brown were the footballing equivelant of The Chuckle Brothers!!!

I'm just glad that we now have someone in charge who actually knows what some of our players best positions are.

I was in the he should have been given a chance camp but happily say I was wrong.

There's no chance we would be watching this brand of free flowing/scoring football.

We'd probably be watching Hamill blowing out his arse rather than seeing Gomis strolling through games.

Still wish Locke all the best, tried his best in horrible circumstances

maroonnicky63

Opinions now?

terrible thread the man done his best , no need to gloat , the season isn't over yet.

rudi must stay

I was only disappointed with the departure of MacDonald. Still think he was worth keeping.

But you can definitely see why Hamill, Stevenson and even McGowan were allowed to leave with the football we're trying to play now.

The first goal shows why MacDonald's contract wasn't renewed. Always thought he was abit too relaxed to be a top class keeper

Opinions now?

::troll:::'>

:pleasing:

Hot since 86

What are you on about?

Poor taste?

:facepalm:

Have you ever made a positive post about something Hearts related?

[MODEDIT]

What are you on about?

Poor taste?

:facepalm:

It's Gary Locke - anything negative is in poor taste, apparently.

It's Gary Locke - anything negative is in poor taste, apparently.

A pal of mine was badly injured whilst on his honeymoon. We had a charity match with the Hearts legends, and raised a lot of money. Afterwards we had a wee night with raffle/auction etc, ?5 to get in. Lockie argued on the door that he should get in for free.

Poor taste.

Changed things when it was too late, his only crime.

Folk saying he should have been punted after the league cup final.

:cornette:

Lavrentiy Beria

See all this great guy chat , has any of you met him ? I have and great guy wouldn't be the words i use.

My opinion is that Gary Locke is a Hearts legend.

A staunch Hearts man but playing for the club,getting injured,messing up the cup presentation in 98{imo},,buggering off with JJ down to Bradford and getiing us relegated is hardly Legend material but each to his own,just my opinion.

My opinion is that Gary Locke is a Hearts legend.

He's far from a legend but he was a loyal member of the club for many years and deserves respect.

Silvery_Moon

I'll stand by now, what I said back then.

He should never have been in the job, but after he was given it, I said he should've been emptied after the league cup final against St Mirren and if not then, after the semi against ICT the following year.

Him and Brown were the footballing equivelant of The Chuckle Brothers!!!

I'm just glad that we now have someone in charge who actually knows what some of our players best positions are.

:spoton:

Sexton Hardcastle

I remember it well, also the unbelievable lengths some went to trash Craig Levein. The mind boggles.

I still think Levein is a ######. You don't change from being a ###### overnight but slowly he will redeem himself.

Up to you to prove yersel Craig.

Can we now move on now guys. Its a new dawn for hearts and feels great to be a jambo again. Also lockie is a huge fan he will feel the same as us happy as feck

Caspian Primrose

Never met Gary Locke but he always came across as uninspiring and thick as mince in his interviews (Stubbs today). The LC final and the semi were utterly horrific experiences. Some of the tactics he employed gave me nightmares. He will go on to achieve nothing of note in the remainder of his career. He was in charge of some fantastic derby victories though.

No real need for this thread and thats from someone that wanted rid!!!
this is spot on

HHGH

Guest oldcastlerock2012

Good guy, committed - promoted before he was ready. Did well to have finished a point or so off 8th place with a youth team if you ignore the 15 pt deduction. Will be a perfectly decent coach, assistant manager and lower league manager in Scotland. He's no Robbie Neilson though!

remember when he wont even put Nicholson on the bench and left it not full. good one gary

Someone nailed it above that he shouldn't have been given the job and tried his best, what annoys me is that if he had held his hands up and quit it wouldn't given us a chance to stay up. I think his ego and his pride got in the way and he tried his best to be a hearts hero, but i feel that in the end his status among some of the fans was diminished

Hot since 86

remember when he wont even put Nicholson on the bench and left it not full. good one gary

Someone nailed it above that he shouldn't have been given the job and tried his best, what annoys me is that if he had held his hands up and quit it wouldn't given us a chance to stay up. I think his ego and his pride got in the way and he tried his best to be a hearts hero, but i feel that in the end his status among some of the fans was diminished

What would you have done in his position?

Archived