Cowdenbeath Dot Count

Hannibal

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was 9-3 in '58/59 i think?

Am sure LondonHearts will be along in a tick.

I seem to recollect beating Third Lanark by that scoreline in a league game at Tynecastle around the late fifties.

Was 9-3 in '58/59 i think?

Am sure LondonHearts will be along in a tick.

I remember being at Easter Road for a League Cup Semi Final which Hearts won 9-3. This game was in the late 1950's

Sorry chaps, Hearts won that game 6-1, in front of 42000 fans!

Info from London Hearts.

Footballfirst

That was a tough one but here goes:

Wheatfield: 39

Gorgie: 13

Bertie: 36

Section H: 527

Section J: 345

Total: 960

Steady progress

Wheatfield: 37

Gorgie: 13

Bertie: 35

Section H: 502

Section J: 313

Total: 899

mainstandjambo

Just checked in the Heart of Midlothian pictorial history book for period 1874- 1984, this confirms that Hearts beat Cowdenbeath 9-3 at Easter Road in League Cup Semi Final in 1959. Goal scorers Ian Crawford 4, Johnny Hamilton 2, Bobby Blackwod, Gordon Smith and George Thomson(Penalty). Attendance was 27,500. Hearts went on to beat Third Lanark 2-1 in the final. Johnny Hamilton and Alex Young were the scorers.

Just checked in the Heart of Midlothian pictorial history book for period 1874- 1984, this confirms that Hearts beat Cowdenbeath 9-3 at Easter Road in League Cup Semi Final in 1959. Goal scorers Ian Crawford 4, Johnny Hamilton 2, Bobby Blackwod, Gordon Smith and George Thomson(Penalty). Attendance was 27,500. Hearts went on to beat Third Lanark 2-1 in the final. Johnny Hamilton and Alex Young were the scorers.

Sorry, I was looking at Hearts v Hibs in the league cup that year, not the Blue Brazil,

mainstandjambo

Just over 300 tickets sold since last Sunday, vast majority of these in Section J. Will probably be steady sales this coming week followed by a surge in the final week especially if there is a good result at Dumbarton.

Got my brother in law and father in law coming from across the pond to visit on the 20th so taking them along to the game - section J - looks like being another great turnout

Be interesting to see what crowd Hibs get against them next weekend, allowing for the 7k free tickets. I still think we'll get a bigger crowd.

Thought Police

Be interesting to see what crowd Hibs get against them next weekend, allowing for the 7k free tickets. I still think we'll get a bigger crowd.

I'm missing this due one of my wife's friends weddings. Season ticket will be out on loan for the day.

:muggy:What?

Wife's pals wedding?

Nae excuse.

Expecting another home sell out for this one.

I dont think we'll sell out but to be looking at around 15k is very good indeed

We_are_the_Hearts

If any non ST holder was at the Falkirk game and chose not to come back to the Cowdenbeath game then you would need to question the point of them being a Jambo, assuming they can afford it. Beat Dumbarton and I reckon we will get 16,000 again.

Dagger Is Back

If you'd said last season that we'd be this close to selling out a game against Cowdenbeath, 12 days ahead of the fixture, folks would have thought you were crazy.

16369 at the Falkirk game, take off what, 700 the difference between likely away fans, I think we can get very close to that given the way sales are going.

Amazing achievement.

CornhillHearts
If any non ST holder was at the Falkirk game and chose not to come back to the Cowdenbeath game then you would need to question the point of them being a Jambo, assuming they can afford it. Beat Dumbarton and I reckon we will get 16,000 again.

This, in spades. There were a few times last season when the team had an opportunity to get fans coming back with a good performance and didnt do it. If the Falkirk game doesn't get you coming back nothing will.

Sales always pick up rapidly the 3 days before the game

Any ST holder that cant make it remember you can inform the ticket office to sell the seat. The club need to look into an option on etickets that allows fans to do this

Dean Winchester

I think if we beat Dumbarton we'll sell out.

DO we have extra tickets over this compared to the Falkirk game? Assuming they don't need more than the 1 section of the Roseburn?

I think if we beat Dumbarton we'll sell out.

DO we have extra tickets over this compared to the Falkirk game? Assuming they don't need more than the 1 section of the Roseburn?

That's what I was wondering. If Cowden sell their allocation and we sell every other available ticket, doesn't that equate to around 17,000?

That's what I was wondering. If Cowden sell their allocation and we sell every other available ticket, doesn't that equate to around 17,000?

With a minimal segregation it should be about that.

17,280 at the Hibs game with a full Roseburn so,aye,about right.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

This, in spades. There were a few times last season when the team had an opportunity to get fans coming back with a good performance and didnt do it. If the Falkirk game doesn't get you coming back nothing will.

Some people may not be able to or indeed afford to

CornhillHearts

You are indeed correct I was quoting a previous statement which included this caveat therefore didn't think I had to again but there you are

Would agree with Clerry on this one. I think we will be about 750-1000 short of Falkirk attendance.

You may well both be right but like me I'm sure you will be delighted if we top 16,000 again. Not only a superb crowd but thousands more ahead of budget.

Bet no-one loses any sleep these days wondering if there is enough to pay wages, taxes etc.

What a nightmare.

Would agree with Clerry on this one. I think we will be about 750-1000 short of Falkirk attendance.

Oh No, Keith Jackson is right after all. Fans deserting their clubs in droves at the prospect of the demise of Sevco! If this trend continues, how long will it be before we have to resort to dishing out 7k free tickets just to make Tynie look more than half full?

Guaranteed if attendance less than 16K, "Hearts fans desert their club" due to non signing of Lewis Toshney shocker!!

If anyone had said at the tail end of last season that we would get 12000 for a home game against Cowdenbeath in the league I would've said they were bonkers. To even talk of getting 16000 or so at this stage of the season is truly remarkable.

No doubt about it Hearts fans are truly fantastic fanatical fans of the highest order.

Footballfirst

Wed 07 Oct 1959 Hearts 9 Cowdenbeath 3

27,500 at Easter Road

1959100703.jpg

I enjoy looking at the old clips, not just for the match reports but for the other articles. This one is a good example with Leicester's approach to sign John White, before he went to Spurs. Also the Eric Caldow "transfer" to Middlesbrough which ultimately didn't happen.

I enjoy looking at the old clips, not just for the match reports but for the other articles. This one is a good example with Leicester's approach to sign John White, before he went to Spurs. Also the Eric Caldow "transfer" to Middlesbrough which ultimately didn't happen.

Look at the football pools value......winnings ?252,000 then now over ?5million in todays money.

It really was the national lottery of its day.

I'm missing this due one of my wife's friends weddings. Season ticket will be out on loan for the day.

:muggy:

Time to fall out with the friend....

mainstandjambo

Wheatfield - 29

Gorgie - 10

Main - 30

Section H - 471

Section J - 266

Total - 806

Ticket sales on Tuesday on much the same level as Monday.

Wheatfield - 29

Gorgie - 10

Main - 30

Section H - 471

Section J - 266

Total - 806

Ticket sales on Tuesday on much the same level as Monday.

Wheatfield: 25

Gorgie: 12

Bertie: 28

Aitch: 482

Jay: 248

Total: 795

I wonder if the reason we're seeing a slowdown in advance sales is because of sufficient supply. If we hammer Dumbarton playing well, sales will pick up and even walk ups could number several hundred. The Roseburn is available to all that need a ticket. Good effort as it stands.

How much extra revenue is produced with near sell outs on average, per game for the club?

I know we can't be exact, but ball park anyone?

How much extra revenue is produced with near sell outs on average, per game for the club?

I know we can't be exact, but ball park anyone?

Doesn't answer you question but I'm sure I read that the club made ?80k over what they budgeted for from the Falkirk game.

Doesn't answer you question but I'm sure I read that the club made ?80k over what they budgeted for from the Falkirk game.

That'll do! Cheers. I expected more to be honest, but adding ?80k consistently over the season would be nice.

If we have a good win and performance against Dumbarton and if RN gives El Hass his home debut, I think we will top the Falkirk crowd unless the weather is horrible.

Archived