*** Applause during 14th minute ***

LoveNgoo

Seen this posted on my Facebook tonight so thought I'd post it on here, apologies if it's already been mentioned.

Folks, I have a HUGE favour to ask.

Sadly, a young Jambo - 14 year old Robbie McDonald - has been taken from us all too soon.

His family are trying - as a mark of respect to their son and brother - to get as many fans as possible to applaud during the 14th minute of our match against Falkirk tomorrow.

If you are attending the game, please join in, as Robbie's family will also be there and they know how much Robbie would have appreciated such a gesture.

Also ... PLEASE ... share this status/retweet this as much as possible so that it can be a fitting tribute to a fine young man.

Rest in peace, Robbie.

Seen this posted on my Facebook tonight so thought I'd post it on here, apologies if it's already been mentioned.

Folks, I have a HUGE favour to ask.

Sadly, a young Jambo - 14 year old Robbie McDonald - has been taken from us all too soon.

His family are trying - as a mark of respect to their son and brother - to get as many fans as possible to applaud during the 14th minute of our match against Falkirk tomorrow.

If you are attending the game, please join in, as Robbie's family will also be there and they know how much Robbie would have appreciated such a gesture.

Also ... PLEASE ... share this status/retweet this as much as possible so that it can be a fitting tribute to a fine young man.

Rest in peace, Robbie.

Please don't think I'm being funny but is this true or just a FB rumour? So much shit and lies are posted there I'd hate to see us being ridiculed for celebrating a non-existant death.

Nucky Thompson

Please don't think I'm being funny but is this true or just a FB rumour? So much shit and lies are posted there I'd hate to see us being ridiculed for celebrating a non-existant death.

I doubt it's a random rumour like a celebrity dying. It will be friends and family of the young lad in question posting

I doubt it's a random rumour like a celebrity dying. It will be friends and family of the young lad in question posting

I know thats most likely the case but would just like it confirmed.

portobellojambo1

The information on FB seems to have emanated from View from Gorgie's FB page. I'm guessing it is the same person who runs the website of the same name, rather than just a random person for example, although not sure if that offers any more veracity to those possibly questioning the sentiment within the message.

...a bit disco

I know thats most likely the case but would just like it confirmed.

Pretty sure it's genuine.

A family member of mine who has no interest in football posted about knowing the poor lad.

Pretty sure it's genuine.

A family member of mine who has no interest in football posted about knowing the poor lad.

I'll happily take your word for it Disco and join in tomorrow.

Shame, same age as my daughter.

...a bit disco

I'll happily take your word for it Disco and join in tomorrow.

Shame, same age as my daughter.

Never nice to hear when it comes to kids.

Shame.

Hope the boy gets the applause , same age as my oldest daughter ... Rip Robbie

HHGH

Hope the boy gets the applause , same age as my oldest daughter ... Rip Robbie

HHGH

Confirmed 14th min applause, On hearts twitter. Falkirk joining in too

Surprised the title hasn't been changed. I checked for this earlier and was surprised not to see a thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sad 2 hear this news,seems all 2 often fans wishing 2pay their respects 2fellow JAMBOS who pass on all 2early,hope ever1 in the know come 14th min!

Guy doing commentary on forth2 didn't know y fans applauding ,well done guys,done the family proud:)

Well done to everyone there. Came across loud and clear on the radio. Sadly the commentators didn't know what it was for. Hopefully someone will tell them so they can mention it later.

Me and my mate stood up and applauded loud and proud. Seeing the whole stadium do it made me almost emotional. I really love this club.

We're big enough to matter, small enough to care.

I know I questioned whither this was gen last night (and was convinced it was gen in the end up) but we did this laddie and his family proud today. Hope the family get through this difficult time OK. Couldn't even imagine losing my 14 year old.

Got goosebumps when everyone stood up to applaud.

Noticed McDonald, Nicholson and Neilson all gave a small applause, nice touch.

rip

I was at an FA Cup game listening to the game on Hearts world and it was very moving. Was filling up listening. Thoughts with the poor family, can't think of anything worse than losing a child.

I was at an FA Cup game listening to the game on Hearts world and it was very moving. Was filling up listening. Thoughts with the poor family, can't think of anything worse than losing a child.

It was very moving.

I didn't realise so many people knew.

So nice to support the family. I hope it gave them a little bit strength.

Was a nice gesture and I hope it gave a bit of strength to the boys family. Was good to see the Falkirk fans, MacDonald and everyone on the benches take part as well.

Malcolm Tucker

A tragic loss of life for one so young.

I hope the applause, honoured by all 4 stands, can go some way to helping the family at what will be a very difficult time.

Rest in peace, Robbie.

Archived