With Celtic out of the Champions league

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

Which people or parts of Scottish football will they blame for their poor performances?

I am betting they will blame the other clubs in the Premiership for not giving them the competition they need.

SirRudolphofSkacel

I blame the diddy teams in Scotland who bring down the co efficient by getting beat in the early rounds by no mark eastern European clubs.

Fair play to Dalglish for having a real dig at Celtic - no pace , no movement. Celtic poor, the better team won.

I blame the diddy teams in Scotland who bring down the co efficient by getting beat in the early rounds by no mark eastern European clubs.

Especially the ones who get beaten twice.

Ronny Deila will declare war on Scottish football and blame everybody connected with our nations game for holding them back.

This of course only clouding the fact they are rank rotten, unconvincingly beat an Icelandic side, were humped by a Polish team and deserved to go out tonight.

In all seriousness Celtic are absolutley pish, they'll no doubt still win the league but can't see Deila lasting long term at this rate

Harry Palmer

Van Dijk will be punted before the weekend.

Anyone else that they can offload?

Strachan saying it's a shame Celtic won't get the champions league money as they won't be able to go and buy the best players from other Scottish clubs!

Malinga the Swinga

The only people to blame are the board for not investing and the manager for being clueless. Maribor are average at best and Celtic should have got through. The great new hope McGregor was out of his depth and Ambrose is not even fit for Hibs.

Legia Warsaw just tweeted saying #footballwon

Hope Legia pump them again in the Europa League, just be a bit more careful about any last gasp substitutions they make in a game that is all over.

RD said on Saturday we will see if I was justified in making so many changes come tuesday :smiley2: :smiley2: :smiley2: :smiley2: :smiley2: :smiley2: :smiley2: :smiley2:

bigsuperslim1874

The only people to blame are the board for not investing and the manager for being clueless. Maribor are average at best and Celtic should have got through. The great new hope McGregor was out of his depth and Ambrose is not even fit for Hibs.

Disagree about McGregor - certainly 1st half he was the only Celtic player who looked like he had ability to do anything. He has looked decent so far this season TBF.

Oh aye, and Ambrose had a 'Luiz' performance - dreadful.

It'll be because they weren't properly mentally prepared for this round due to thinking they were actually pumped oot in the last round, only to find that they were not. Therefore it will be Legia's fault... for Celtic not being able to take their rightful place in the groups, despite being anally traumatised by... Legia.

If ever there was a year to win the premier league, this was it.

I think the champions league has carried celtic over the last few years, now the run of the mill spl every week will probably have them spluttering to the finish line

Is there actually any point in Celtic? Seriously. Their season is over now that they're out of the CL and that is no overstatement. They'll win the league, again and then go through the same s*** next year. They may win a Scottish cup or league cup this year, maybe even make it into the Europa, but what's the point? Their fans won't care. It won't finance any purchases for next seasons CL qualifiers where they have to beat some team with no vowels in their name.The thing that most fans look forward to is the unknown and the chance of winning a trophy or even for some teams it could be beating a big team.

Look at hibs for example they still seem to have a couple fans, and they've not won anything for **** knows how long.

How their fans and the media haven't gotten as bored and fed up of them as the rest of Scottish football fans have is beyond me.

scots civil war

wonderful news,the champions league free from vermin and ceptic minded punditry

charlie nicholas girfuy

Mind that time Deila spouted some nonsense about how it was a sham a club as big as Celtic even had to bother with qualifiers......

Celtic to appeal on the basis that it's meant to be three strikes and you're out...

mainstandjambo

The other 11 premiership clubs will be gutted as they will lose out on over ?100,000 each for Celtic failing to qualify for group stages. A few chairman will have been looking forward to that windfall.

Ambrose and that manager, just wonderful, just wish we were in the SPL.

Ambrose is utter dogshit. I reckon van Dijk will go before the end of the window, imagine if we were in the SPL? Imagine Sow/Keatings/Oliver/Carrick against Ambrose?

Gary Locke ya dick :(

The Treasurer

Strachan saying it's a shame Celtic won't get the champions league money as they won't be able to go and buy the best players from other Scottish clubs!

And with that quote our national team manager has highlighted one of the major problems with our game

Is there actually any point in Celtic? Seriously. Their season is over now that they're out of the CL and that is no overstatement. They'll win the league, again and then go through the same s*** next year. They may win a Scottish cup or league cup this year, maybe even make it into the Europa, but what's the point? Their fans won't care. It won't finance any purchases for next seasons CL qualifiers where they have to beat some team with no vowels in their name.The thing that most fans look forward to is the unknown and the chance of winning a trophy or even for some teams it could be beating a big team.

Look at hibs for example they still seem to have a couple fans, and they've not won anything for **** knows how long.

How their fans and the media haven't gotten as bored and fed up of them as the rest of Scottish football fans have is beyond me.

Its fair comment and their fans will agree - unless they get a big name in their UEFA group they will not fill parkhead again this season. The top tier will be shut down and the 30,000 that turn up will just sit and go through the motions. They'll canter to the league and get a few pastings in Europe and blame everyone else.

Celtic need Rangers, there is no debate to be had, without their bigot chums to keep the fans interested they're nothing. The SPFL may as well hand them the league trophy now, let the rest of the league play out for second and save all the towns and city's in Scotland the grief of having 1000's of pissed up bigots visit on a Sunday afternoon.

Ambrose is utter dogshit. I reckon van Dijk will go before the end of the window, imagine if we were in the SPL? Imagine Sow/Keatings/Oliver/Carrick against Ambrose?

Gary Locke ya dick :(

Ha - also we'd have a better squad than we do as Levein said we had a lot of head shakes from good players who wouldn't play in the Championship....

Ambrose was a joke but no way can I agree about McGregor. Thought he looked good every time he got the ball till fading later on as the whole team ran out of ideas. I was one of many who thought it was far too soon to have him in the Scotland squad but, going by last night, I was wrong. I am one of these guys who wants ALL Scottish teams to do well in Europe but have to say it was pleasing to see celtic go out after being soundly trounced in the previous round; plus my son had a tenner on Maribor

They have, just watch the attendances in the league this year; I mean the actual ones. They will be lucky to have a half-full stadium

Archived