Dumbarton Away

JAMBO1957

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got four tickets this morning about 9.30. No one else in the shop and it was slow on the phones. Emily said they had expected it to be a lot busier.

I think the points will be dropped as there can't be that many on +145. I go to most all ticket games and I have just made it and no more.

Walter Payton

Tickets purchased.

Nearly didn't get on because of my arsehole mate forgetting to go online.

:tlj:

With mates like that who needs enemies!

Essential background info for anybody who doesn't know Craig personally- he's not the cool, laid back, anything goes guy he likes to portray on here.

Experience has taught us time and time (and time) again that if you have enough loyalty points to be above whatever threshold Hearts set initially for a ticket sale, you'll be guaranteed a ticket if you want one.

Craig is always a wee bit slower to learn these lessons though (in fairness it may be due to half of his loyalty points having come from others using his ticket number to attend games he couldn't be bothered attending)- by the time the first day of sales comes round, he's soiled at least 3 pairs of Hearts jammies during sleepless nights worrying about whether he'll get a ticket or not. People less familiar with Craigieboy might find they recognise him from evening news pictures of people who have queued for hours/days ahead of the ticket office opening on the day tickets go on sale- all very admirable, until you remember that the more intelligent amongst us have had no difficulties logging onto the website at some point during the day and getting tickets for the same game.

On this occasion, I must admit to playing on Craig's paranoid tendencies and waiting until 11am before confirming to him that, once again, the tickets have been taken care of- this despite Craig's frantic pleading that I should be logging onto the website at 8.30am, "just in case".

It's worth noting that at 1pm, tickets still haven't sold out.

Essential background info for anybody who doesn't know Craig personally- he's not the cool, laid back, anything goes guy he likes to portray on here.

Experience has taught us time and time (and time) again that if you have enough loyalty points to be above whatever threshold Hearts set initially for a ticket sale, you'll be guaranteed a ticket if you want one.

Craig is always a wee bit slower to learn these lessons though (in fairness it may be due to half of his loyalty points having come from others using his ticket number to attend games he couldn't be bothered attending)- by the time the first day of sales comes round, he's soiled at least 3 pairs of Hearts jammies during sleepless nights worrying about whether he'll get a ticket or not. People less familiar with Craigieboy might find they recognise him from evening news pictures of people who have queued for hours/days ahead of the ticket office opening on the day tickets go on sale- all very admirable, until you remember that the more intelligent amongst us have had no difficulties logging onto the website at some point during the day and getting tickets for the same game.

On this occasion, I must admit to playing on Craig's paranoid tendencies and waiting until 11am before confirming to him that, once again, the tickets have been taken care of- this despite Craig's frantic pleading that I should be logging onto the website at 8.30am, "just in case".

:rofl:

Got four tickets this morning about 9.30. No one else in the shop and it was slow on the phones. Emily said they had expected it to be a lot busier.

I think the points will be dropped as there can't be that many on +145. I go to most all ticket games and I have just made it and no more.

I asked how quickly they thought it would sell out yesterday and the lassie said quickly as there was more people with +145 points than there is tickets

I asked how quickly they thought it would sell out yesterday and the lassie said quickly as there was more people with +145 points than there is tickets

That is how they always do it..... they know there are enough people with 145 and above who if they all purchased would sell out the available tickets..indeed a few of them could miss out if they were not quick to do so........experience however indicates this rarely if ever happens.

:clap:

Very good bawheid.

I've already explained on here and to you about my logging in issues with the Hearts ticket system. I can't seem to do it.

God old fashioned queuing is what I'm accustomed to. And it was quite good for the cup final. A great sense of camaraderie that you don't get by sitting like a smart arse logging into some sterile ticket system that doesn't work.

Cheers for the tickets though.

Prick.

:lol:

Thank you.

:verysmug:

Right up you Andrew.

Walter Payton

Thank you.

:verysmug:

Right up you Andrew.

That is how they always do it..... they know there are enough people with 145 and above who if they all purchased would sell out the available tickets..indeed a few of them could miss out if they were not quick to do so........experience however indicates this rarely if ever happens.

:clap:

I've already explained on here and to you about my logging in issues with the Hearts ticket system. I can't seem to do it.

Craig is always a wee bit slower to learn these lessons though... until you remember that the more intelligent amongst us have had no difficulties logging onto the website at some point during the day and getting tickets for the same game.

Points already addressed.

I'm guessing it's the pre-match pit stop that you're looking forward to more than the game :tiny:

:2thumbsup:

Jambof3tornado

Was up getting my ticket ? an hour ago, not a lot of tickets left now. The hospitality option might work for some though.

Do hearts offer loyalty points for taking up away hospitality given that a match ticket is included?

williamgerrard

Got my ticket this morning wil be alble to tick off another stadium i havent been to before.

Anyone able to give me a couple of reference numbers for this would be grand, just came up short on LPs.

Car parking at the Bet Butler Stadium is ?1 per car, but for this you get the opportunity to win some cash courtesy of the half-time 50/50 draw. There are plenty of spaces available.

Travelling (away) supporters will be housed in the West section of the stadium, normally in sections one and two with access to facilities such as food stalls and programme vendors.

As Dumbarton Rock dominates the skyline for the town, the Bet Butler Stadium is easy to find.

If travelling by car, you should follow the A814 into the town from the main A82 trunk road and journey along Glasgow Road until you see Dumbarton East Station. 100 yards or so along from the station you will see a brown sign for the Castle (Victoria Street) and the ground is at the bottom of this road.

By train Dumbarton East Station is approximately five minutes walk from the Stadium.

lindseylocket

Ticket office said we got just under 700 tickets and at 11am when I was in they had just under 200 left

Ticket office said we got just under 700 tickets and at 11am when I was in they had just under 200 left

Exactly.

So tit features was cutting it fine with my day out as I suspected.

:seething:

So no ticket for Mikey on 138 points

But....still fancy this trip so why not. Dumbarton Rock may nor may not allow a view but there may be other means. If can't get a view can still always visit the Castle on the Rock, the Maritime Museum, or the local hosteries. Or even old Boghead estate! Nearly ended up working in Dumbarton 30 years ago but ended up in Paisley.

At least have consoled myself with travel booked for Dumfries. Great times!

Exactly.

So tit features was cutting it fine with my day out as I suspected.

:seething:

I picked up 2 at the TO at about 4:30, no problem....still plenty left then.

The Old Tolbooth

:lol:

Love it! :D

The Old Tolbooth

As I said earlier in the thread, it's only ?4.50 to get into Dumbarton Castle, and this is the view :whistling:

pd1324086.jpg

Just got a ticket. I'll no sleep noo... :laugh4:

. The begging text/letters worked then ...

So no ticket for Mikey on 138 points

But....still fancy this trip so why not. Dumbarton Rock may nor may not allow a view but there may be other means. If can't get a view can still always visit the Castle on the Rock, the Maritime Museum, or the local hosteries. Or even old Boghead estate! Nearly ended up working in Dumbarton 30 years ago but ended up in Paisley.

At least have consoled myself with travel booked for Dumfries. Great times!

Waverley Bar is the place to go! ;)

Pants Shaton

Hardly got any loyalty points, so I'm buying three hospitality tickets - plenty of space on either side to stretch my legs out.

Can't quite understand why they were refused permission to put a tempory stand up beind the goals?

Think it was due to the lack of parking facilities.

Jambof3tornado

Think it was due to the lack of parking facilities.

It was indeed. The ground is in a cul-de-sac so parking is an issue but given the low capacity, parking at the ground for a quid seems good value.

thehibsareintheirbeds

anyone heard anything else about tickets? assuming not sold out yet. still hopeful of a second phase sale

Heads up on this one - just been in the ticket office and apparently there are about 20 tickets left. So if you do have the required points and have been swithering, you should make your mind up quick.

There seem to be plenty of places left in hosptitality if you have the money though....

As I said earlier in the thread, it's only ?4.50 to get into Dumbarton Castle, and this is the view :whistling:

pd1324086.jpg

can anyone confirm if this is actually true?

Heads up on this one - just been in the ticket office and apparently there are about 20 tickets left. So if you do have the required points and have been swithering, you should make your mind up quick.

There seem to be plenty of places left in hosptitality if you have the money though....

c'mon folks get buying - save rest of us going down to ticket office at 7.30am or another phone meltdown.

loveofthegame

After all this fuss, we'll probably get pumped.

Have no doubt, Murray will have them so up for this, he'll be desperate to stop us in his tracks.

Hopefully we pump them though - play how we can and we'll cruise it.

Archived