Dumbarton Away

JAMBO1957

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I presume it is a tiny ground and we only got a handful of tickets. Wouldn't it make sense if these smaller clubs like Alloa and Dumbarton could play against us and the New Sevco at a nearby ground like M'Well or Firhill to pocket a bit more money?

Maybe not.

I presume it is a tiny ground and we only got a handful of tickets. Wouldn't it make sense if these smaller clubs like Alloa and Dumbarton could play against us and the New Sevco at a nearby ground like M'Well or Firhill to pocket a bit more money?

Maybe not.

They should rent out another teams ground miles away from where they usually play to accomodate away fans?

Unbelievable.

Scott Jambo thinks it is unbelievable that smaller clubs might wish to capitalise on bigger games by playing them at nearby, larger venues. JKB is democraticand he is fully entitled to his view. Celtic though, thought it was a tremendous idea when they transferred their European Cup semi final from Parkhead to Hampden thus increasing the attendance from around 75,000 to 135,000. I could be wrong but I suspect that clubs like Alloa are in more need of a finacial boost than Celtic were, then or now.

It has also been relatively common over the years when small clubs have drawn Celtic or the old Rangers at home in the Scottish Cup to play such ties at a bigger neutral venue to maximise their income.

In these circumstances I would respectfully suggest to Scott that his view on this matter is unbelievable.

Without wishing to appear to put the boot into Scott Jambo who I'm sure is a great bloke, didn't Hearts propose to play a league game against Celtic in Melbourne, Australia just a few short years ago?

Pretty sure we did.

MacDonald Jardine

Maybe not.

The grounds you mention are nowhere near Dumbarton or Alloa.

The grounds you mention are nowhere near Dumbarton or Alloa.

Pedantic. Closer grounds then. Firhill is certainly closer to Dumbarton than Tynecastle is to Melbourne, Australia.

MacDonald Jardine

Pedantic. Closer grounds then. Firhill is certainly closer to Dumbarton than Tynecastle is to Melbourne, Australia.

That was a stupid idea from the most unpopular CEO I can remember, and that's saying something.

Pittodrie is closer too.

As I said earlier in the thread, it's only ?4.50 to get into Dumbarton Castle, and this is the view :whistling:

pd1324086.jpg

Aye, but will they let you watch the game, or move you on?

Feel a bit sorry for them when the Chelsea Supporters Club, Larkhall branch turn up and are told viewing of the football is prohibited.

loveofthegame

Phoned up and cancelled the seat.

One more ticket boys!

:jjyay:

:rofl:

The suggestion that the game should be moved is mental from all points of view IMO.

Teams like Dumbarton will make a fortune this season by usual standards without having to move away from their own grounds.

If anyone has a reference number they don't need for this game I'd be happy to buy it off you for a small fee - just PM me, cheers

I've got a ticket that i cant use anymore as its the biggest bigot bash thru in Edinburgh on that Saturday. Drop me a Pm if anyone needs one.

I've got a ticket that i cant use anymore as its the biggest bigot bash thru in Edinburgh on that Saturday. Drop me a Pm if anyone needs one.

Hi, I can't seem to PM but I'll happily buy the ticket from you

Sorry, says your PM is full.

To capitalise on high demand for derby/Rangers games, why don't we play those games at Easter Road?

Kiwidoug's onto something imo.

sorry mate, someone else got it first.

No worries, if anyone else has one to spare or a reference number then PM me and I'll buy it off you, cheers

Scott Jambo thinks it is unbelievable that smaller clubs might wish to capitalise on bigger games by playing them at nearby, larger venues. JKB is democraticand he is fully entitled to his view. Celtic though, thought it was a tremendous idea when they transferred their European Cup semi final from Parkhead to Hampden thus increasing the attendance from around 75,000 to 135,000. I could be wrong but I suspect that clubs like Alloa are in more need of a finacial boost than Celtic were, then or now.

It has also been relatively common over the years when small clubs have drawn Celtic or the old Rangers at home in the Scottish Cup to play such ties at a bigger neutral venue to maximise their income.

In these circumstances I would respectfully suggest to Scott that his view on this matter is unbelievable.

Wow, some strange logic in this post. Why should a small club look at playing away from their own ground so that maybe a thousand away extra fans can get in. Wonder how much they would have to pay to rent the other ground. As for your Scottish cup thing, that is only when the police have stated the ground is not suitable to host the OF due to safety fears.

Dumbarton's primary interest should be in their own fans and maintaining home advantage. It would be ridiculous if they moved to another ground just to accommodate away supports.

Tickets available in the Dumbarton end as long as you don't have a Edinburgh postcode ?

I think it is sold out now .. but they were available last week

I think Hearts should play all their away games in Australia. Would probably get 50,000 plus most weeks and I would be able to go to most of them.

Nothing much ever happens in OZ and Cowdenbeath v Hearts would be a major drawcard.

Wow, some strange logic in this post. Why should a small club look at playing away from their own ground so that maybe a thousand away extra fans can get in. Wonder how much they would have to pay to rent the other ground. As for your Scottish cup thing, that is only when the police have stated the ground is not suitable to host the OF due to safety fears.

Tripe!

I presume our end is sold out? Nothing on the site to confirm.

No it's not sold out, (got 188 LP's but can't go to Dumbarton).

Just checked etickets and it offered me row E seat 166.

Tickets available in the Dumbarton end as long as you don't have a Edinburgh postcode ?

Bought one yesterday with an Colinton Mains postcode. No bother at all

No it's not sold out, (got 188 LP's but can't go to Dumbarton).

Just checked etickets and it offered me row E seat 166.

Any chance I could buy a ticket off you and I'll give you a bit extra for your trouble?

Bought one yesterday with an Colinton Mains postcode. No bother at all

Did you buy online or over the phone?

This game surely has sold out now?

Tickets have been available to 145 loyalty pointers for a while. If there was still ticket left then would they not have lowered the points threshold by now?

I lost 2 tickets for this game on Saturday and had to buy another 2, not ideal.

I have now found my original 2. I therefore have 2 for sale. The first person to respond to this on this thread can have them for ?43.

I have now found my original 2. I therefore have 2 for sale. The first person to respond to this on this thread can have them for ?43.

I'll take them mate.

queensferryjambo

I anyone has a spare ticket or 2 at any point please feel free to shoot me a PM.

I only have 98 loyalty points so would appreciate it if a PHM could help me out :)

maroonplatoon87

Dammit not quick enough, still looking for tickets. Only on 139 LP's.

Anyone with any spare then PM me

Cheers

I lost 2 tickets for this game on Saturday and had to buy another 2, not ideal.

How did that work? Presumably you had another 2 x CRN's for the replacements?

How did that work? Presumably you had another 2 x CRN's for the replacements?

No the club gave me two under the same numbers but charged me again for them.

I'm surprised by that given the shortage of tickets. Will tuck that away for future reference!!! :D

600 "lost" tickets for the Alloa game. ;)

I'm happy to donate a tenner to FoH in exchange for a reference. Would ease my guilt of taking a seat from an uber fan. PM please if anyone can assist.

Archived