competition for places

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

With Keattings and Oliver scoring today and Hamilton having another decent performance it made me think how good is that we have such competition in all positions.

So upfront we have Sow, Carrick, Keatings, Oliver with El Hassnaoui still to come into contention.

On the wings we have Nicholson, Walker, King and D. Smith,

Central midfield we have Gomis, Buaben, Holt and Robinson

Central defence there is Wilson, Ozturk, McGhee and McKay

Left back is McHattie and Eckersley

Right back is Paterson and either McGhee or L. Smith

And for goalkeepers we have Alexander, Gallacher, Hamilton (wont include Hollis in this.)

That is such depth in talent across the squad, the fact we won so convincingly and played so well with arguably 5 of our best XI missing. With competition players will be pushed to work hard at training to keep or gain positions. Well done to CL and Robbie for their sensible and well thought out recruitment.

With Keattings and Oliver scoring today and Hamilton having another decent performance it made me think how good is that we have such competition in all positions.

So upfront we have Sow, Carrick, Keatings, Oliver with El Hassnaoui still to come into contention.

And for goalkeepers we have Alexander, Gallacher, Hamilton (wont include Hollis in this.)

That is such depth in talent across the squad, the fact we won so convincingly and played so well with arguably 5 of our best XI missing. With competition players will be pushed to work hard at training to keep or gain positions. Well done to CL and Robbie for their sensible and well thought out recruitment.

Deep breath, but I think you're right.

Graham (educated acceptable hun , self styled) Speirs was showing his ignorance on sportscene at tea time " Hearts have only 11-12 good players therefore Rangers will win the league".

Graham (educated acceptable hun , self styled) Speirs was showing his ignorance on sportscene at tea time " Hearts have only 11-12 good players therefore Rangers will win the league".

Faceless.

Dallas Green

Guy is a welt.

We have already demonstrated that we can cover for absences. We are going to get stronger, not waeker, and I firmly believe that will include mental strength.

Competition for places is superb and I have confidence that Robbie will manage his squad well. Young guys will be able to be rested whereas last season Gary Locke was very limited in what he could do.

I honestly can scarcely believe the great job that Hearts supporters in general, FoH, Ann Budge and her board, Ian Murray, Craig Levein and Robbie Neilson have done in rebuilding our club.

I am bursting with pride.

Are you sure I thought graham speirs was praising or squad and tipping us for glory while the ex hibbie sitting next to him said we didnt have the depth in the squad and tipped rangers.

kingantti1874

The longer they believe that the better, let's hop rangers are convinced also

I agree.

We need a minimum of two options for each position. Up until very recently that second option tended to be a player out of position. What this means is we can cope with the odd injury or suspension. We'd need a horrible run of luck to see that questioned. See goalkeeper the last few weeks.

Hollis will play his last game for us against Stenhousemuir and Halliwell will never play for us. Both will likely leave at the end of their short term deals.

The above squad allows us to naturally promote youngsters and not force a teenager into the team out of necessity. Only those excelling and really ready to come in.

Good times.

letsalldothebeattie

Looking at the depth and seeing performances yesterday the boys who are out could struggle to get back in!

Jack Hamilton is such a good option in goal commanding makes some cracking saves so far. Not afraid to rush at players feet to take the ball. Alexander & Gallacher could be struggling.

Jordan McGhee has impressed me at Right Back since coming in. Looks strong, stronger than last season bombs on well and has decent cross and passes on him. Paterson is a cracking player but if McGhee keeps playing well would be hard to drop him.

Up front well it's got to be hard to drop Keatings now. Hat trick on first league start looked fantastic yesterday and over his niggle. Oliver chipping in with one from bench and Sow with 2 goals so far this season I think puts pressure on Carrick when he is back.

I think Keatings might miss midweek I hope he doesn't as goals will help him but he surely must start Falkirk on Saturday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Not really into rotating and large squads. Pick a team and stick with it is my preferred choice. You do need a style of play and players that can just step in because of injuries and suspensions though. So far so good and I think its proving we are very lucky to have Robbie and CL in charge of the playing side.

McGhee mentioned playing right back this season was like night and day compared with last. Whilst he said at start of season he wasn't a right back he's now said he doesn't mind playing anywhere across the back

Pragmatic but also indicative of the improved coaching.

heartsfc_fan

I thought the young lad Roy looked sharp when he came on yesterday. Is he a natural striker?

Jambof3tornado

I thought the young lad Roy looked sharp when he came on yesterday. Is he a natural striker?

Not sure but fast and wears shiny GOLDEN boots!!!

Clearly a gift from Jesus.

Archived