Palace consider McCoist as next manager (NHC)

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

"Crystal Palace are more likely to approach the Rangers manager, Ally McCoist, to become their new manager than the bookmakers? favourite and his former rival, Neil Lennon, who stood down from Celtic this summer."

Is there enough :rofl: in the world for this?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/crystal-palace-next-manager-latest-palace-consider-ally-mccoist--exclusive-9686808.html

:cornette:

The article actually says his name has been discussed!!!!

Yes, discussed as in 'What about Ally McCoist?' 'Get tae feck ya zoomer, he's a pure fud!' End of discussion!

bigsuperslim1874

Yes, discussed as in 'What about Ally McCoist?' 'Get tae feck ya zoomer, he's a pure fud!' End of discussion!

Ha ha. I hope ur right - we need the useless chump to stay where he is!

They'd genuinely be better off taking a punt on Robbie Neilson.

Hush your mouth!

Anyway Robbie's just a puppet, so they would need to take Craig Levein as well to pull the strings.

Regal Kingston

Surely a Daily Record story to make Rangers seem relevant.

McCoist still has to prove himself in Scotland.

Absolutely, he is an integral part of our Championship winning strategy!

Surely a Daily Record story to make Rangers seem relevant.

McCoist still has to prove himself in Scotland.

If it was the Daily Record then it would all make perfect sense, but it's the Independent ffs. They are supposed to employ proper journalists, not the type that would cut and paste from a Rangers press release without checking the credentials of any claims being made.

I for one will be gutted if he goes....

The only fans that won't be gutted are the huns. To think they might even end up receiving compensation, which given his fat salary could be a tidy sum. It has to be complete nonsense though, unless Steve Parrish has completely lost his marbles.

Templeton Peck

Why does this remind me of a scene in Still Game...

Ally: "I am really being considered as the next manager of Crystal Palace"

Ned: "Naw yer no"

All roads lead to Gorgie

I don't know they might replace him with another useless chump; Barry Ferguson !!!

Funny I could have sworn a thread was already started about this.....

Nobody outdoes JKB's thread starter n?mero uno.

jamboinglasgow

Nobody outdoes JKB's thread starter n?mero uno.

I think he has a serious addiction to starting threads...

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Cue tomorrow's Record headline "McCoist snubs Premiership move".

I've got a job to do. Rangers are bigger than the Premier League. I don't do walking away.

He really should do a 'oops sorry, merge please mods'

tartofmidlothian

Funny I could have sworn a thread was already started about this.....

:lol:

Because that thread title's perfectly clear and noticeable.

Ibrahim Tall

He "doesn't do walking away" etc etc.

jamboinglasgow

:lol:

Because that thread title's perfectly clear and noticeable.

Yes its not the most obvious title, but a few seconds of checking to see if a thread has already been started would not go amiss.

This

McCoist rules himself out of the Palace job. Rangers fans realise what a true blue he is, who doesn't do walking away, and they demand that he gets a massive pay increase to stop other EPL clubs trying to poach him on the cheap.

Van Gaal's jacket is on a shoogly peg after that opening day defeat to Swansea, so I wouldn't be surprised if Man Utd are already making noises to get rid and bring in Super Ally to sort everything out. They know for a fact that he would probably be able to entice elbows down to Old Trafford, as well as a few others, including a couple of experienced international strikers.

tartofmidlothian

He really should do a 'oops sorry, merge please mods'

:blink: Eh all a wee bit serious, no? Happy for mods to merge, duplicate threads are irritating as **** and I'd never start one if it was obvious the same subject had been covered. If you don't mind I'm not buying into that whole "didn't you see this has already been mentioned on page 23 of a thread started six weeks ago??" chat though.

Baffles me how irritated folk get when I start threads, which probably happens once or twice a day on average. I check JKB for football news before I check any other site, and I'll share anything interesting or funny I see. News about our club always appears here first and news about other clubs always has better and funnier commentary here than anywhere else. I'd rather put something good up here than Facebook or Twitter.

Anyway, back on topic... :)

:blink: Eh all a wee bit serious, no? Happy for mods to merge, duplicate threads are irritating as **** and I'd never start one if it was obvious the same subject had been covered. If you don't mind I'm not buying into that whole "didn't you see this has already been mentioned on page 23 of a thread started six weeks ago??" chat though.

Baffles me how irritated folk get when I start threads, which probably happens once or twice a day on average. I check JKB for football news before I check any other site, and I'll share anything interesting or funny I see. News about our club always appears here first and news about other clubs always has better and funnier commentary here than anywhere else. I'd rather put something good up here than Facebook or Twitter.

Tarty, answer me this question. Do you get your cheapies from starting a thread?

jamboinglasgow

no problem, dont want to distract the thread from what is crucial, McCoist being linked to a job in the Premier league, its hilarous

tartofmidlothian

Tarty, answer me this question. Do you get your cheapies from starting a thread?

Yep. Then you post on one and it kills my boner stone dead.

Yep. Then you post on one and it kills my boner stone dead.

Oh tarty don't be like that. I know you like the post count to be at least 50 then your old chap starts quivering again.

tartofmidlothian

no problem, dont want to distract the thread from what is crucial, McCoist being linked to a job in the Premier league, its hilarous

Yeah, although fortunately for us I can't see him leaving there any time soon. Be hilarious to see him go up against Mourinho, Wenger Rodgers etc though.

Who's Dermot Drummy? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2731846/Crystal-Palace-Dermot-Drummy-vacant-manager-position-exactly-he.html

tartofmidlothian

I like a ToM thread. :(

(I definitely prefer the ones that are original though) :lol:

I try my best. :)

If it was the Daily Record then it would all make perfect sense, but it's the Independent ffs. They are supposed to employ proper journalists, not the type that would cut and paste from a Rangers press release without checking the credentials of any claims being made.

If it were the friend of Rangers - Keith Jackson, esteemed journalist who revealed that Craigie boy was part of the billionaire club, that mentioned Alistair McCoist as a possible choice of Crystal Palace I'd have believed every utterance.

If Alistair were to go to EPL I firmly believe he has the credentials to exceed the achievements of A. Ferguson.

alwaysthereinspirit

The Rangers could actually be better off if he "walked away"

They'd save a fortune by not having to pay a decent manager 750,000

Alan Johnson

Student loan on Palace to get relegated, then. :jjyay:

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk 2

As gutting as it would be to see him leave that mess, a McCoist team in the EPL would be something to behold.

Juan Jose Carricondo Perez

They'd have half a chance of being a decent organised side if McCoist left. It would certainly make automatic promotion even more challenging!

Archived