Home kit back in stock on Tuesday!

DigitalTwisted

DigitalTwisted

Just phoned the club store and was told the home kit will be on sale in the club store at 9am on Tuesday.

Cue mad dash to Tynie on Tuesday morning.

I've seen people mention the sizes of these tops are a bit smaller than usual. Would you recommend buying a large if normally a medium size?

I've seen people mention the sizes of these tops are a bit smaller than usual. Would you recommend buying a large if normally a medium size?

I'd heard the other way round...

The home top seems to be a big bigger than last year. However the away requires a size up.

DigitalTwisted

I got the same size away top as I did last year. We sure you guys aren't just getting fat? :-p

Whilst I accept that we probably cant afford to be ordering in huge numbers of tops that are likely to result in massive amounts left over un-sold come the end of the season, I cant help but feel like if we're gonna be in a position whereby tops come in to stock on Tuesday and are out of stock again by (for example) Wednesday, then its a bit of an own goal.

Tops should be readily available throughout the course of the season.

I'd hoped to be able to get one in this next batch - but had also hoped to be able to do that at my own leisure rather then being expected to join some kinda mass shopping scrum resembling the start of a Next sale in order to get one.

Here's hoping the club are just trying to generate a bit of a buzz around the re-stock and that they have in fact made sure there's plenty to go around.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

They keep getting them in a couple of days before most people get paid. :lol:

Can't believe I'm being forced to use a credit card to buy a football top. :unsure:

Dalstonjambo

Whilst I accept that we probably cant afford to be ordering in huge numbers of tops that are likely to result in massive amounts left over un-sold come the end of the season, I cant help but feel like if we're gonna be in a position whereby tops come in to stock on Tuesday and are out of stock again by (for example) Wednesday, then its a bit of an own goal.

Tops should be readily available throughout the course of the season.

I'd hoped to be able to get one in this next batch - but had also hoped to be able to do that at my own leisure rather then being expected to join some kinda mass shopping scrum resembling the start of a Next sale in order to get one.

Here's hoping the club are just trying to generate a bit of a buzz around the re-stock and that they have in fact made sure there's plenty to go around.

Whilst I agree with you in principle this comes up everytime there is a thread on home tops.

We are limited to how many we can order, this will be done based on historical trends and limitations with suppliers. So it's unfortunately not as simple as asking for more and them turning up, no matter how much we would all like it to be.

It's say limited stock. I will go into work later on Tuesday and try and buy one online... Never wear a football top much .

Can we please sticky this / update title as and when we sell out / get a new date

Not any individuals fault but getting a bit tiresome seeing dozens of comments per thread either bemoaning someone who couldnt get one or someone else asking when they are back in.

As i.said NOT a go at anyone at all

Francis Albert

This feels like a throwback to Eastern Europe in the 80's or the UK in the late 40's. What exactly is the risk in over-manufacturing/over-ordering? Flogging them as surplus at ?10?, which is at least two or maybe even 5 times what they cost to produce?

FarmerTweedy

This feels like a throwback to Eastern Europe in the 80's or the UK in the late 40's. What exactly is the risk in over-manufacturing/over-ordering? Flogging them as surplus at ?10?, which is at least two or maybe even 5 times what they cost to produce?

Firstly, Hearts have stated a number of times that, having been taken by surprise by the huge demand, they've been trying to get more stock from Adidas as quickly as possible, but are constrained by Adidas' ability to actually produce them (remember, they don't just make stuff for us)!

Secondly, ?10 per top may well be several times the cost to produce the tops, but it might not be more than what they cost Hearts, once the SRM cut, Adidas' own profit margins, etc are factored in.

Thirdly, flogging the current season's shirt at ?10 towards the end of the season will, in any season, act as a deterrent to some people buying shirts in following seasons at full price, as they know they'll be able to get their hands on one for a fraction of the price later.

Finally, if the club over order by too big a margin, they'll simply be left with stock that they can't shift at any price, which would obviously lose the club money.

I presume we can buy online from Tuesday?

2 hours have passed and no reply to that one!

Francis Albert

There should be some mechanism down the chain that enables a massive outfit like Adidas to meet demand in a timely fashion and share the risk (which amounts only to a diminution of super-profit) of over-supply.

No long sleeved tops in Tuesdays batch folks.

Only sissies wear long sleeve shirts.

You wouldn't get Drew Busby wearing long sleeves.

Mate of mine in New Zealand has been trying to get one for months. Web site Hearts Direct keeps saying its sold-out.

Hearts shop said that they are expecting a delivery in October, and to keep an eye on the website next week re being able to pre order the tops

FFS.

Everytime a thread is opened about the top you got these people moaning about the lack of availability.

Does anyone really think Hearts don't realise this? Do they think Hearts are sitting on their thumbs just letting thousands of pounds go past them.

They're doing the best they can, moaning isn't going to help.

FFS.

Everytime a thread is opened about the top you got these people moaning about the lack of availability.

Does anyone really think Hearts don't realise this? Do they think Hearts are sitting on their thumbs just letting thousands of pounds go past them.

MAY-BE it might just let those of us who can't get to the store, pre-order and PRE-PAY online though!!!

FFS.

This 100%

FFS.

I agree entirely.

Hopefully Hearts will learn from this experience and put in place better arrangements for future seasons, but it is a shame that with such overwhelming demand for the home shirt this season, we are not able to take full advantage and might end up losing out on a fair amount of additional revenue.

Still, better to be in our position, where demand for shirts and STs is out stripping supply, than some of our rivals this season!

I agree entirely.

Hopefully Hearts will learn from this experience and put in place better arrangements for future seasons, but it is a shame that with such overwhelming demand for the home shirt this season, we are not able to take full advantage and might end up losing out on a fair amount of additional revenue.

Still, better to be in our position, where demand for shirts and STs is out stripping supply, than some of our rivals this season!

Its hard to learn a lesson when the demand is different from year to year, The club has been stuck with surplus stock in recent years, This years demand is amazing!

Received this from Hearts Direct:

Hi David. We will have another delivery in October, if you could keep an eye on the Hearts home page for further announcements.

regards,

Hearts Direct.

Only sissies wear long sleeve shirts.

You wouldn't get Drew Busby wearing long sleeves.

He did...but rolled them up! ;)

Its hard to learn a lesson when the demand is different from year to year, The club has been stuck with surplus stock in recent years, This years demand is amazing!

I agree, we've obviously been taking by complete surprise at the level of demand this season. I was thinking more about a system where fans can order and commit to a purchase online or in the shop, and the club can safely order up these shirts from the supplier knowing that that they won't be left with surplus supplies. It's probably not as simple as I'm making it out to be, but there must be some way of improving the current approach. I have faith that the club will improve the process going forward, but recognise it might not be one of our major priorities at the moment.

I agree, we've obviously been taking by complete surprise at the level of demand this season. I was thinking more about a system where fans can order and commit to a purchase online or in the shop, and the club can safely order up these shirts from the supplier knowing that that they won't be left with surplus supplies. It's probably not as simple as I'm making it out to be, but there must be some way of improving the current approach. I have faith that the club will improve the process going forward, but recognise it might not be one of our major priorities at the moment.

I know where you are coming from. The issue I see with that is that the design is agreed months before the shirts go on sale and then the manufacturing takes months too, For people to see the latest shirt then decide they want one and order it would either mean the kit was revealed in February or revealed at normal time and not received until the season is well underway, The problem with revealing the shirt too early in the year is that it may reduce the current season shirt sales ( this year excluded). Just my take on it really!

If the club definitely has a delivery instore and online (from October) don't see any reason why they shouldn't take orders now ready for distribution when the strips arrive. It will also give them an idea of how many more they should get in come the xmas rush.

I P Knightley

I know where you are coming from. The issue I see with that is that the design is agreed months before the shirts go on sale and then the manufacturing takes months too, For people to see the latest shirt then decide they want one and order it would either mean the kit was revealed in February or revealed at normal time and not received until the season is well underway, The problem with revealing the shirt too early in the year is that it may reduce the current season shirt sales ( this year excluded). Just my take on it really!

I don't think that this is likely to be the case. The sweatshops in the far east (or wherever they're made) will have modern, efficient manufacturing and inventory control processes. They should be able to switch batch production at the flick of a switch and manufacture to meet weekly or monthly demand.

Agreed that they wouldn't have planned to go with a first batch of 30,000 shirts in hopeful anticipation of demand but, with a decent tracking system, they ought to have been able to react as soon as we all knew the shirt was a peach and has been flying off the shelves.

While the football side of the business has been fantastic so far, I'm surprised that this element of the commercial side has been so badly managed.

I'm afraid they've lost at least one sale as my son's 15th (yes: 1-5) birthday will have come and gone by the time they've got any more shirts in.

If the club definitely has a delivery instore and online (from October) don't see any reason why they shouldn't take orders now ready for distribution when the strips arrive. It will also give them an idea of how many more they should get in come the xmas rush.

I agree with this. They seem to be making a simple process remarkably unsimple!

Folk go online, place an order for a shirt, size and (if wanted) numbering. They're told there'll be a 6 week wait (or whatever). The suppliers then have a very clear picture of what should go into a production run and hi-ho-hi-ho, in comes another delivery - probably with a dozen or so extra of each size to go into the shop as buffer stock.

I don't think that this is likely to be the case. The sweatshops in the far east (or wherever they're made) will have modern, efficient manufacturing and inventory control processes. They should be able to switch batch production at the flick of a switch and manufacture to meet weekly or monthly demand.

Agreed that they wouldn't have planned to go with a first batch of 30,000 shirts in hopeful anticipation of demand but, with a decent tracking system, they ought to have been able to react as soon as we all knew the shirt was a peach and has been flying off the shelves.

While the football side of the business has been fantastic so far, I'm surprised that this element of the commercial side has been so badly managed.

I'm afraid they've lost at least one sale as my son's 15th (yes: 1-5) birthday will have come and gone by the time they've got any more shirts in.

Of course, we are Adidas first priority.

I P Knightley

Of course, we are Adidas first priority.

I'm not suggesting that at all. They're a big enough company with enough modern manufacturing facilities to be able to schedule production between a vast range of products better than they have.

Archived