Get Well Soon Paul Gascoigne (nhc)

Masonic

Im not happy about a fellow kickbacker revelling in Pauls misfortune so i thought id create this thread to show support to one of the best players to have played in Scotland over the last 2 or 3 decades. Hopefully he gets the help he needs and recovers as soon as possible.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im not happy about a fellow kickbacker revelling in Pauls misfortune so i thought id create this thread to show support to one of the best players to have played in Scotland over the last 2 or 3 decades. Hopefully he gets the help he needs and recovers as soon as possible.

Apologies if I do not share your sentiments. He is an alcoholic, a waster and a wife beater who happened to play for Rangers. **** him.

glastonbury jambo

He has had a lot of help in the past , its up to him now..has been for a while , he just couldnt cope with life after football.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Oh Gascoigne, oh brilliant, oh yes

gazza-vs-scotland-o.gif

Pretty much wanted to smash my telly when that went in but still.

Used to feel sorry for him but that stopped years ago. It's sad for him and whatever friends and family he has left but that's it

the recent pic i saw of him, looks more than alcoholism. sad to see the fall from grace.

whether you consider it self inflicted or not, the man was a hugely talented player who i don't personally think got the help he needed early enough.

very sad

dont think anyone is "revelling in his misfortune" tbh.

I think he is beyond help, he has so many chances in the past and thrown them all away, very sad to see him like this, i can only hope he does recover from this but sadly cant see it

I think he is beyond help, he has so many chances in the past and thrown them all away, very sad to see him like this, i can only hope he does recover from this but sadly cant see it

Unfortunately you're probably correct.

Not sure if I'm sympathetic or not as he's had numerous chances to clean up his act. However, it's certainly a sad sight and I hope he manages to sort himself out.

Malcolm Tucker

There's only one person that can stop Paul Gascgoine from dying sooner rather than later, and that's himself.

He's had copious amounts of help in the past, but his mind went years ago. He will always revert to this lifestyle.

It's always tragic to see someones life go this way. No human deserves that. But I find it hard to sympathise with the man.

I hope he gets better.

Surely among the best players Hearts have ever faced.

Mental illness is not something to celebrate.

When John Robertson's obesity ends in a heart attack or stroke, will kickbackers be giving it, "Feck him, he loved the bacon and the mayonnaise, he had it coming"?

Agree. It's a shame that some people see mental illness and alcoholism as a choice.

When John Robertson's obesity ends in a heart attack or stroke, will kickbackers be giving it, "Feck him, he loved the bacon and the mayonnaise, he had it coming"?

Robbo is a Hearts legend who (as far as I am aware) has never engaged in bigotry, wife-beating or any of the numerous moronic things Gazza has done over the years.

Terrible comparison.........

Unknown user

Indeed, nor is it something to be contemptuous of.

He's a tormented and sick human being however you judge his life and actions

Dusk_Till_Dawn

:lol:

Must have sounded profound when you typed it.

MrWinningSmith

:facepalm:

:cornette:

Ridiculous post of the year and that's saying something for you

Big Slim Stylee

Really well put. Both statements. Mental illness and how it manifests itself in a myriad of ways such as chronic addiction is not a choice. The "only himself to blame" brigade display a lack of understanding.

I'd have maybe stopped short of the Robbo thing though. Quit while you're ahead and all that...:)

glastonbury jambo

Oh Gascoigne, oh brilliant, oh yes

gazza-vs-scotland-o.gif

Pretty much wanted to smash my telly when that went in but still.

ooof dont even go there, even the buckfast never got me high that night.

As I get older I get more compassionate with the flight of others.

The old adage was you got more bitter

I hope someone somewhere can help Gazza.

What's the idea? Mental illness is a good and deserved thing if people do anything wrong? Some folk have a real lust to see suffering.

Sexton Hardcastle

Got to wonder how much capacity he still has.

Surely the sun and the usual dregs having the yearly whip around for him only further exacerbates his situation?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

What's the idea? Mental illness is a good and deserved thing if people do anything wrong? Some folk have a real lust to see suffering.

We were more picking holes in your feeble comparison with Robbo.

RustyRightPeg

Bloody shame man. Show's how much not being able to do what you love can affect you...

hearts_crazy

Not 'revelling in his misfortune' but this guy:

article-2731250-20B44E8500000578-440_634x835.jpg

Is 47 years old FORTY SEVEN And this is all self inflicted. Hard to feel sorry for the waster TBH.

PS I'll eat my own bollocks if he makes 50 because all the help he has had he has thrown right back in their faces. Sad but true.

Bloody shame man. Show's how much not being able to do what you love can affect you...

Looks like he does more than enough of what he loves

Feel sorry for any sick human being. Alcohol is a serious problem in our society and it consumes a large amount of health resource. Sadly some alcoholics are unable to cope without it even with medical etc support. He is now a good advert for the minimum pricing of alcohol/ health education campaigns.

He is now a good advert for the minimum pricing of alcohol/ health education campaigns.

Yeah.... I should defo have to pay more for my beer because some folk who can afford to live in ?3m penthouses cant be trusted to consume it sensibly.

Do you think if that bottle of gin in his hand had cost him twice the current RRP, it woulda stopped him from drinking it?!?

Yeah.... I should defo have to pay more for my beer because some folk who can afford to live in ?3m penthouses cant be trusted to consume it sensibly.

Do you think if that bottle of gin in his hand had cost him twice the current RRP, it woulda stopped him from drinking it?!?

I assume you have not understood the notion of very cheap booze eg through the supermarkets being thought to contribute to young people drinking too much and links with abuse of alcohol in later life? The "battle" is long since lost with Gascoigne.

Sad state of affair's, just like Best

Surely best drunk way more? As he had to have two liver transplants. Whereas Gazza comes across like a total light weight compared to the legend that is George Best who was better at football better at drinking and better at burds.

I assume you have not understood the notion of very cheap booze eg through the supermarkets being thought to contribute to young people drinking too much and links with abuse of alcohol in later life? The "battle" is long since lost with Gascoigne.

I understand that completely.

My point remains the same - Gascoigne woulda got drunk whether it cost him a ?5 bottle of Gin or a ?500 bottle. Minimum pricing woudla made naff all difference to a man who's grown up through life with more money than sense.

If he's a good advert for anything - its to deter the current generation of 'superstars' from going down the same path. I'm looking at the likes of GOC etc when I say that.

Feel bad that's he's let himself get in this state. Just look at the state of him.

He's had so much help and so many people supporting him and all he's done is give up every time.

It's now well past helping stage, he's beyond it. Unfortunately it's just a matter of when are his organs going to finally give up. Sad but true.

Waste of space of a man sorry if people think other wise but why should we care if he wants to kill himself he's had chance after chance sick of reading about him

Archived