Away games - terracing

His name is

fabienleclerq

So just to confirm, terracing and standing are allowed in the Championship?

Yip.

Shanks said no

QOTS has the largest covered terrace left in Scotland. Overall standing capacity (won't all be for us obviously) is 4,111.

QOTS has the largest covered terrace left in Scotland. Overall standing capacity (won't all be for us obviously) is 4,111.

I thought the away fans got the new stand along the side of the pitch at QOTS which holds around 2500?

From what I know/can remeber/found out (exluding Hibs and Rangers as we know about them), they are as follows (probably a few inaccuracies though!):

Alloa Athletic

Recreation Park

Capacity: 3,100 - the away area (the Hilton Stand) is seated. Don't think it holds much more than 4/500 though so if demand is high maybe they'll use more of the ground, much of which is terracing.

Cowdenbeath

Central Park

4,370 - the away allocation is generally the terraced ends, not sure on the capacity though.

Dumbarton

Bet Butler Stadium

Capacity: 2,025 - all seated. Away fans housed in the West section of the stadium. Maybe approx 500 allocation.

Falkirk

Falkirk Stadium

Capacity: 8,750 - all seated. Away fans in the North Stand, with a 2,000 capacity.

Livingston

Energy Assets Arena

Capacity: 9,865 - all seated. No problem with allocation here, as we know. 4,000 initial allocation I believe, like Wedensday, probably scope for more like in 2005/06 when we had over 6,000 there.

Queen of the South

Palmerston Park

Capacity: 7,620 - seated East Stand for away support, around 2,200 allocation.

Raith Rovers

Stark's Park

Capacity: 9,000 (after 500 extra seats were made available when they re-opened part of the Railway stand this season) - 3,500 away allocation, seated, in the North Stand

Got my info from their website, photo gives info too

http://www.qosfc.com/about

When Rangers went to Palmerston last season for the Challenge Cup they also got the terracing behind the goal (which on the map on the website isn't named). They have also done some concreting work over the summer on that terrace, probably to bring it back into more regular use. Id expect if the demand is such, we might also get that end.

170913%2003%20Good%20to%20see%20the%20Terregles%20Street%20End%20in%20use%20again.jpg

fabienleclerq

From what I know/can remeber/found out (exluding Hibs and Rangers as we know about them), they are as follows (probably a few inaccuracies though!):

Alloa Athletic

Recreation Park

Capacity: 3,100 - the away area (the Hilton Stand) is seated. Don't think it holds much more than 4/500 though so if demand is high maybe they'll use more of the ground, much of which is terracing.

Cowdenbeath

Central Park

4,370 - the away allocation is generally the terraced ends, not sure on the capacity though.

Dumbarton

Bet Butler Stadium

Capacity: 2,025 - all seated. Away fans housed in the West section of the stadium. Maybe approx 500 allocation.

Falkirk

Falkirk Stadium

Capacity: 8,750 - all seated. Away fans in the North Stand, with a 2,000 capacity.

Livingston

Energy Assets Arena

Capacity: 9,865 - all seated. No problem with allocation here, as we know. 4,000 initial allocation I believe, like Wedensday, probably scope for more like in 2005/06 when we had over 6,000 there.

Queen of the South

Palmerston Park

Capacity: 7,620 - seated East Stand for away support, around 2,200 allocation.

Raith Rovers

Stark's Park

Capacity: 9,000 (after 500 extra seats were made available when they re-opened part of the Railway stand this season) - 3,500 away allocation, seated, in the North Stand

QOTS have an away terrace for the bigger games tereagles I think it's called.

The terracing backs onto Terregles Street

Shame Morton got relegated, their terracing is great for away support

It is....the covered is half seating(at the front)and half terracing(at the back.

Yeah you're right. I think a few of the above teams will have scope to extend the away allocation if the likes of ourselves and Rangers are in town and they still have tickets to sell.

kylelauren01

Hearts, Hibs and Rangers are all getting 3000 tickets for Cowdenbeath. Home fans moved to the two seated areas and we get the entire terracing.

Shame Morton got relegated, their terracing is great for away support

I have never been to Morton and always fancied it, looks like a proper old school stadium. I was disappointed they went down too

Bishopton Jambo

Teams like hearts don't need terracing as they just sit down every game anyway

Francis Albert

The team sits down every game? Robbie should sort that out.

Seriously a fair proportion of the away support has always stood. Even before the "ultras".

Jambof3tornado

Only issue with terracing is younger kids. Luckily junior is 17 now and 6ft tall so unlikely to get damaged in an ibrox/annfield type goal celebration!!!

I'm more likely to come away injured!!!!

Matthew Le Tissier

Teams like hearts don't need terracing as they just sit down every game anyway

Teams like Hearts dont need vile, racist little neds like you and your cronies

Chris Benoit

Hearts, Hibs and Rangers are all getting 3000 tickets for Cowdenbeath. Home fans moved to the two seated areas and we get the entire terracing.

Is that including behind the goals? 3k at pitch side will be a squeeze

Teams like Hearts dont need vile, racist little neds like you and your cronies

could you make that clearer for him please? :tiny: :tiny: :tiny:

CalsideJambo

My mate spoke to the groundsman at Palmerston and he said that Hearts fans will get the Terregles Street terracing (holding around 2000) and the section of the new East stand closest to the terracing (probably around 500-750 seats). The work at Palmerston was apparently done on the hill behind the terracing and the concrete terracing itself was sound.

scots civil war

everybod should take their flags with em

that kind of display allways frames the terracing look perfectly

i like that end at dumfries btw

portobellojambo1

Any news on dumbartons attempts at temporary seating/terracing?

They did ask the local council, and as far as I am aware the issue wasn't with installing the actual temporary seats, it was more to do with parking I think. The end result was that the answer was and remains no, temporary stands cannot be put in place.

kylelauren01

I don't know how they'll do it but 3000 Hearts fans at Central Park will be a skoosh compared to the 8000 they cram in for the stockies!

I don't know how they'll do it but 3000 Hearts fans at Central Park will be a skoosh compared to the 8000 they cram in for the stockies!

That many folk watch stock-cars?

kylelauren01

Apparently so. The leg of the World Championships held in Cowdenbeath attracts big numbers and brings the town to grid lock. Unbelievably it is harder to get a safety certificate for 4500 for the football than it is for 8000+ for stock car racing when the crowd has to avoid flying car and body parts!!

Apparently so. The leg of the World Championships held in Cowdenbeath attracts big numbers and brings the town to grid lock. Unbelievably it is harder to get a safety certificate for 4500 for the football than it is for 8000+ for stock car racing when the crowd has to avoid flying car and body parts!!

Every days a school day, wouldn't have thought that.

Wasn't there a big court case, maybe late 70's or early 80's where some wifey got killed/badly injured by a flying wheel?

Archived