Garry Kenneth

Lego Knees

Has just signed for the Junior side Carnoustie Panmure on a 2 year deal

Roll on 2016 so people can start linking him to us again.......

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

His performance for Scotland away to Sweden still gives me nightmares. An absolute travesty that he's been capped on more than one occasion.

Quite the drop for the guy though, we made the right choice not to sign him.

I haven't really been keeping track of his career. He's still quite young, is he no? What happened? Injuries??

Siphiwe Tshabalala

People in Scotland love this kind of stuff happening to opposing players, i.e. Gary O'Connor, its the attitude that will never, ever see us reach any major tournament for years to come.

Unless a player is from or trained in an area that they specifically are from then that's the only reason to really support them, this country will never ever change for the good, it will always be about self-satisfaction.

I haven't really been keeping track of his career. He's still quite young, is he no? What happened? Injuries??

A mate of mine who's a dundee utd fan was talking about him with me the other day actually. Apparently a bad injury down at bristol rovers ruined his career.

glastonbury jambo

People in Scotland love this kind of stuff happening to opposing players, i.e. Gary O'Connor, its the attitude that will never, ever see us reach any major tournament for years to come.

Unless a player is from or trained in an area that they specifically are from then that's the only reason to really support them, this country will never ever change for the good, it will always be about self-satisfaction.

balls...he's just shite,... thats all.

Ibrahim Tall

I'll be honest I never rated him at all but from Scotland to Carnoustie juniors in less than 4 years, ages only 27? Christ.

letsalldothebeattie

Always been murder. Up there as one of the worst I've seen play in SPL & Scotland.

Probably finally found his level now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ToadKiller Dog

Always had a easy time against us as we tended home or away to launch balls at his head .

Remember Dundee United turned down a ?500,000 offer from Blackpool for him they rated him at ?2m .

loveofthegame

I'm sorry are you blaming others for the fact that Garry Kenneth is so shite he has signed for a junior side?!

Would you prefer we had backed him and offered him a 3 year deal?!?

Well said that man. He's just a guy looking to play the sport he loves, he's no world beater but let the guy get on with it

upgotheheads

Was he the centre back at D.Utd who had serious knee damage (cruciate?) but recovered and continued to play without one of his ligaments and the knee supported by muscle, or am I thinking of someone else?

Are you seriously suggesting we don't qualify for major tournaments because we like to see our own fail? I'm sorry but that has nothing to do with us not reaching a major tournament. We don't qualify because we're generally shite, the set-up in scotland is years behind other countries and because we're shite.

People like to see Gary O fail because he had ability and an opportunity that must of us would die for. He choose instead to waste that talent and money on booze and drugs. He deserves to be mocked for making such an arse of it. I'd suggest the way scottish footballers choose to live their life has far more to do with us not qualifying that fans pishing themselves at waste of space arseholes.

Gary Kenneth and Gary Jos are two entirely different cases.

I don't get this post.

Before you posted, nobody was taking satisfaction in his fall from grace. From what I can see, he decided he would rather camp out in Nandos and his local boozer than keep in shape and then got injured (by which point he was already helping Bristol Rovers drop out of League 2).

Hopefully for his sake he is going to Carnoustie to keep himself fit(ish) and maybe learn some coaching.

As for O'Connor, he is hibs and therefore I wish nothing but ill-fortune on the rest of his footballing career.

Just because we were alledgedly linked with him, doesn`t mean we have to ridicule someone who has signed for a Junior club!!

Someone who has played at the highest level in Scottish Football and played for Scotland, am sure most of us would give their right leg to have achieved that in their lifetime,! Just let the guy get on with his life.

Ibrahim Tall

Was he the centre back at D.Utd who had serious knee damage (cruciate?) but recovered and continued to play without one of his ligaments and the knee supported by muscle, or am I thinking of someone else?

That was Lee Wilkie iirc.

I'll be honest I never rated him at all but from Scotland to Carnoustie juniors in less than 4 years, ages only 27? Christ.

Still no as bad as Jos. Premier League to playing amateur football in a borders town in 5 years.

I always thought he was decent enough at Dundee United.

Surprised to see him fall as far and fast as he has.

Levein had him sussed from the off. Fired him straight out to Cowdenbeath on loan when he took over as was believing his own hype(Jim McLean had Alex Ferguson up for the 2005 cup final to watch him!). Seemed to do the trick as he looked fairly solid for a spell. Unfortunately seems to have reverted to type and lost his chance. Another promising youngster to strike off the list....

So nothing to do with the apathy created by OF dominance that's driven fans away, the poor quality of football with expensive ticket prices, or the fact we always seem to get drawn against either the World or European champions or runners up that's hindered us qualifying? Yeah, it must be occassionally remarking about has-been players (some of whom were self-inflicted) that's holding this country back.

:cornette:

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Stand by all that i said, this country would rather see many players fail and never reach the elite level of football (EPL) instead of actually making it to the top (Gary O' Connor) purely for self satisfaction and bragging rights. This country will never, ever change its attitude until someone out-with Scotland comes in and makes a change that many Scottish coaches already know needs to change, but it will be bought into purely because they are from out-with Scotland.

It is brilliant that a top defender and striker (at one point) are now playing lower league football right enough :cornette:

The football culture in this country is embarrassing beyond means, a prime example being the midweek match between Livingston and Hearts.

Stand by all that i said, this country would rather see many players fail and never reach the elite level of football (EPL) instead of actually making it to the top (Gary O' Connor) purely for self satisfaction and bragging rights. This country will never, ever change its attitude until someone out-with Scotland comes in and makes a change that many Scottish coaches already know needs to change, but it will be bought into purely because they are from out-with Scotland.

It is brilliant that a top defender and striker (at one point) are now playing lower league football right enough :cornette:

The football culture in this country is embarrassing beyond means, a prime example being the midweek match between Livingston and Hearts.

What's the Livvy game got to do with it?

kylelauren01

Bring in a foreigner to overhaul the Scottish game, someone like Bertie Vogts or Mark de Wotte would be the people to do that. Oh wait...

That's because O Connor is a massive bawbag. I don't remember many people willing Gauld to fail when he signed for Sporting Lisbon.

Broxburn Jambo

I have no interest in the Scottish international team and never have done since they disrespected one of Scotland's great strikers John Robertson.

I have no interest in the Scottish international team and never have done since they disrespected one of Scotland's great strikers John Robertson.

that's nice for you - not sure what your post has to do with Gary Kenneth though

Gary O'Connor is a massive coke head and a HUGE Hibs *******.

I'm delighted to see him regularly get in trouble and wind up where he has.

:jjyay:

jack D and coke

Yeah we just had no able strikers at that time. I mean Mo Johnston, Ally McCoist, Alan McInally etc just couldn't lace robbos boots let's be honest.

I doubt whether any of the detractors on here could lace Gary Kenneth's boots.

I'm thinkin Jos uses Velcro straps however.

;-)

Archived