Left footed players at Hearts.

Getintaethem

Getintaethem

Don't seem to have many. Wilson and McHattie are the only ones I can think of. Felt a bit sorry for the young lad Gordon who played left back tonight, he was all right foot and it made things difficult for him. Don't we have any youngsters who are naturally left footed? Seems like something that needs address.

Wilson, McHattie, Gomis, Keatings, Beith, Sow, Henderson.

Not sure what your point is but there's plenty.

Footballfirst

PS for good measure Liam Gordon is a left footed centre half!

He's most definitely right footed.

Other lefties not mentioned are Nathan Flanagan and Ian Smith

PS for good measure Liam Gordon is a left footed centre half!

Must have left his left foot at home last night then.

Gordon certainly didn't look comfortable playing LB and that's fine if it's not his best posution, but what really got on my nerves was he looked like he was really peed off to be playing there and wasn't trying his hardest.

Getintaethem

Sorry, the thread title should have read left sided players, just feel the young lad Gordon had a tough time playing at left back last night (he's definately not left footed). Seems we are weak in this position not just at first team level but at u20 level too. A lot of our problems last night were down to not having a naturally left sided player. I know the preferred option with wingers now a days is the get them to cut inside onto their stronger foot, but the team lacked balance and it cost us.

I also realise the Nielson has identified this as an area we need to strengthen, just wondered how many of the youngsters can fill this position.

Getintaethem

Very sinister this thread.

:D

Ok you got me! I'm actually an agent of Opus Dei trying to bring the Gorgie Legions into the Papal fold.

Looks like we're signing Eckersley which will give us good cover for left back, hopefully we can find a good youngster to develop in the u20's.

Chris Benoit

Gordon certainly didn't look comfortable playing LB and that's fine if it's not his best posution, but what really got on my nerves was he looked like he was really peed off to be playing there and wasn't trying his hardest.

To be fair to him he got made to look an absolute ***** first 20 mins or so by some horrific passes to him, certainly wouldn't have helped his confidence.

Sam Nicholson and Jamie walker as well....

Came here for this, It's like people have forgotten a certain Left foot derby screamer a mere 5 days ago!!!

RustyRightPeg

Walker is 100% not left footed. I'd say King and Nicholson as near as we have to both footed. Sow is a left pegger, Wilson too. McHattie is the obvious one. Liam Gordon is (Jury is out I know). Robbie Buchanan.

Is anyone in the squad left footed, but right handed?

Would that help with long throw in techniques?

Or more of a hinderence?

Do I care?

Footballfirst

Walker is 100% not left footed. I'd say King and Nicholson as near as we have to both footed. Sow is a left pegger, Wilson too. McHattie is the obvious one. Liam Gordon is (Jury is out I know). Robbie Buchanan.

Liam Gordon and Robbie Buchanan are most definitely right footed.

David Smith is right footed but decent with his left, although his brother Ian is very much left footed.

Na Nicholson is definitely left pegger

No he's not. He's all right foot. Watch closely next game.

Not getting involved with the seethe, but I've felt all summer that left back cover was a necessity. Hopefully Eckersley (if he signs) is that cover.

maroonnicky63

Don't seem to have many. Wilson and McHattie are the only ones I can think of. Felt a bit sorry for the young lad Gordon who played left back tonight, he was all right foot and it made things difficult for him. Don't we have any youngsters who are naturally left footed? Seems like something that needs address.

it really shouldn't matter to a profesional footballer anyway. Oliver , King, mcgee and Nicholson are all 2 footed and I would have thought more. Dury was the worst I have ever seen a 1 footed player , awful.

Getintaethem

it really shouldn't matter to a profesional footballer anyway. Oliver , King, mcgee and Nicholson are all 2 footed and I would have thought more. Dury was the worst I have ever seen a 1 footed player , awful.

In theory you are right, but it was glaringly obvious last night that the young guy playing left back was all right foot, which forced him to play the ball inside all the time meaning we had no threat down the left. I'm glad we have brought another left back in today as an injury or suspension to McHattie would have left us severely weakened.

I take your point though that footballers should be two footed, I honestly didn't know Gomis was left footed as he seems equally adept with both. Others, Jason Holt for example are very one footed, I rate Holt highly but he needs to work on his left foot.

Bazzas right boot

He's most definitely right footed.

Other lefties not mentioned are Nathan Flanagan and Ian Smith

The boy at left back was definitely right footed, played himself into trouble several times and by the end of the game looked drained of confidence. Not a great experience for him.

We need another left back, and we seem to be getting one.

Bazzas right boot

It shouldn't but it does, some of the best players in the world have been terribly one footed.

Neil Mcann is the worst example I can think off, would actually do a we dance round the ball just to get on his left side and avoid a pass with his right.

john brownlee

Never under Stroud this five minutes a day would make you a two footed player because I was one and it's not that hard with a little bit hard work.Its great try it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chris Benoit

walker and nicholson are both 100% right footed

This. I wonder if folk actually pay attention to the games.

Archived