Malky Mackay & Iain Moody in soapy bubble

redm

Chris Benoit

They're in deep shit. Can see why Palace pulled the plug now, can't see many other opportunities coming Mackay's way in the future.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Just been reading about this, absolutely staggering. Career over surely?

So a club and owner who reached agreement with their former manager paying him a large sum in the process now raise this complaint.

Of course this is after the 'team selection' investigation.

Why settle with him if the above is true ?

Or could it be a seriously peed off Cardiff owner who, faced with an on-going compensation payment schedule, following Mackay& Moody's departure, decided to get his own back. Smacks of a serious case of spiteful revenge to me.

Seems like the 'mad' foreigner may have been vindicated for this sacking after all.

MM's career is in the gutter.

rossthejambo

So a club and owner who reached agreement with their former manager paying him a large sum in the process now raise this complaint.

If you read the article, Cardiff paid Mackay nothing because of this.

Football and it's support has massive sexism, racist and bigoted issues that will only be resolved when governing bodies/police act.

Life bans.

Clubs receiving six/seven figure fines.

Clubs being banned from tournaments.

Jail.

FIFA and respective national FA's need to act or it will never end.

Have you actually read the article?

And do you know the details of the agreement that you mention?

Seems like the 'mad' foreigner may have been vindicated for this sacking after all.

Indeed. Fancy that.

Goldstone Wonder

Can't see big Malky making an appearance as a pundit on Match of the Day or Goals on Sunday anytime soon. He might get on Celebrity Big Brother I suppose.

Unknown user

I'm in 2 minds about this, obviously a lot of what they say is abhorrent, but at the same time these were private conversations between consenting adults who let their guard down and spoke as they might not normally do in front of others. They're allowed to have the conversations they had, even if they disgust others!

Of course, the fact that it was using their employers' equipment changes things legally but I can put my hand on my heart and say that I've said some pretty choice things using my employer's technology in the past that I wouldn't like to be made public.

Regal Kingston

I've never thought Malky MacKay was like that!

Thought he was one of footballs good guys.

They are all bad but the anti-semitism sticks out for me.

Suggests he has the full house in terms of bigotry/discrimination.

Was the favourite for the Celtic job at one time too.

Unknown user

there are people I grew up with whose sense of humour is to be as offensive as humanly possible, to see how far they can push things. I have received and sent utterly tasteless and horrible texts which in no way reflect my actual opinion!

Again, the reports of what has been said are shocking, really shocking, but part of me just doesn't think it's fair to judge someone on what they thought was a private conversation.

They obviously look terrible written down. Maybe there's a wider context to them but the fact they've apologised and he's gone without compensation would suggest they're just idiots.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were loads of folk in football with reactionary views.

Big Slim Stylee

B) that "I've sent horrible horrible awfy things but it was just a bit of of a laugh and I'm not like that at all" is a feckin tragic defense! Oh but by the way what they've said is pure shocking man......jesus christ......

Private conversation? It's wi-fi stupid. You're in a public position of some consequence. You don't think someone might ask for a look-see at your digital communications if things go a bit t*ts up?

Not enough face palms for that horror of a post from start to finish.

The snakes are the snivelling wee geeks that go out their road to dig up shite about others.

To be fair, it was a search as a result of a court order that led to this alleged information, and having been found, Cardiff had an obligation to let the authorities know. So not quite snivelling wee geeks.

B) that "I've sent horrible horrible awfy things but it was just a bit of of a laugh and I'm not like that at all" is a feckin tragic defense! Oh but by the way what they've said is pure shocking man......jesus christ......

Private conversation? It's wi-fi stupid. You're in a public position of some consequence. You don't think someone might ask for a look-see at your digital communications if things go a bit t*ts up?

They were also discussing work (I.e. Signing targets, agents and colleagues) so were completing their duties at the time. That means it was not a private conversation, especially if work equipment, emails or telephone numbers were used.

If they have said these things, they only have themselves to blame for any consequences they may face.

Unknown user

As you're almost directly quoting me in the first part I have to assume you're aiming this at me. I don't think there's anything wrong with my post, I'm able to put a reasonable point over without being patronising.

I'm not defending anything, I'm just saying that if a list of my least tasteful private communications were published in the paper, I'd have to keep a low profile too! And yet I'd buy you a pint and denounce racism in a really loud voice in the pub and everything. Devil's advocate if you will.

rossthejambo

To be fair, it was a search as a result of a court order that led to this alleged information, and having been found, Cardiff had an obligation to let the authorities know. So not quite snivelling wee geeks.

Surely not? Surely it would be much better if they just covered this up. Nothing bad ever came from brushing things like this under the carpet.

Big Slim Stylee

As you're almost directly quoting me in the first part I have to assume you're aiming this at me. I don't think there's anything wrong with my post, I'm able to put a reasonable point over without being patronising.

I'm not defending anything, I'm just saying that if a list of my least tasteful private communications were published in the paper, I'd have to keep a low profile too! And yet I'd buy you a pint and denounce racism in a really loud voice in the pub and everything. Devil's advocate if you will.

But - and I'm making assumptions here - you're not in a high-profile managerial post with a n EPL club and a prior history of friction with a loose cannon of an owner? You've got to be immensely thick - not you obviously - if you carry on with such impunity in your conversations with your mate the DOF blithely unaware that things might come to a head?

That's the pro thing. The personal thing is that what they wrote betrays really sick minds, tbh. They deserve everything they've got coming to them.

I've got a Cardiff mate who's written saying "yeah it's the Daily Mail. We'll see." No it's not, I replied..politely. It's feckin legal firm Mishcon de Reya and a 750k investigation involving court warrants, seizures of computers etc. Denial denial:) Always thought it was a strangely groveling apology Mackay put out hastily but just thought Tan had paid him to shut up....

Unknown user

But - and I'm making assumptions here - you're not in a high-profile managerial post with a n EPL club and a prior history of friction with a loose cannon of an owner? You've got to be immensely thick - not you obviously - if you carry on with such impunity in your conversations with your mate the DOF blithely unaware that things might come to a head?

That's the pro thing. The personal thing is that what they wrote betrays really sick minds, tbh. They deserve everything they've got coming to them.

I've got a Cardiff mate who's written saying "yeah it's the Daily Mail. We'll see." No it's not, I replied..politely. It's feckin legal firm Mishcon de Reya and a 750k investigation involving court warrants, seizures of computers etc. Denial denial:) Always thought it was a strangely groveling apology Mackay put out hastily but just thought Tan had paid him to shut up....

I understand everything you're saying but i still have a problem with you saying things like "that's a car crash of a post" and being confrontational in response to what i thought was a fairly reasonable and considered post.

Big Slim Stylee

I understand everything you're saying but i still have a problem with you saying things like "that's a car crash of a post" and being confrontational in response to what i thought was a fairly reasonable and considered post.

OK - I don't send, to quote you, utterly tasteless and horrible texts that don't reflect my opinion. But these are not even "tasteless and horrible". They're scumbag, bigoted, demeaning, racist shite txts. They're inexcusable at a personal level, and beyond bewildering on a professional level. Not having a go at you, I just think you're giving them an awful lot of rope here.

Unknown user
Not having a go at you, I just think you're giving them an awful lot of rope here.

You WERE having a go at me in the first post though, that's why my back's up! Or am I misinterpreting the "jesus christ" at the end? Was it intended as a friendly God be with you ffs? Does "horror of a post from start to finish" now mean "I respectfully disagree with your points and here's why" now?

JKB is a real educational tool. In just the past week we've had people learning that doing Nazi salutes in public is not okay under any circumstances and now some finding out that texting your colleagues anti-Semitic and racist abuse can damage your future career opportunities if discovered.

Great to see the forum addressing these two commonly committed blunders.

Chris Benoit

JKB is a real educational tool. In just the past week we've had people learning that doing Nazi salutes in public is not okay under any circumstances and now some finding out that texting your colleagues anti-Semitic and racist abuse can damage your future career opportunities if discovered.

Great to see the forum addressing these two commonly committed blunders.

I'm glad, I was about to send a video of me doing a nazi salute while taking a shit on a Star of David to my boss. Quite the reprieve.

Always love to see people come out to say that grassing up is as as bad as the deeds themselves.

If these messages are true, they deserve all they get.

Do The Dance

Always love to see people come out to say that grassing up is as as bad as the deeds themselves.

If these messages are true, they deserve all they get.

Exactly.

'Grassing up' are we all in prison or something? FFS.

doctor jambo

Exactly.

'Grassing up' are we all in prison or something? FFS.

Suarez picture and denouncing people for unnaceptable behaviour including racism aye?

Or is your picture some kind of ironic statement?

Ibrahim Tall

I'm glad, I was about to send a video of me doing a nazi salute while taking a shit on a Star of David to my boss. Quite the reprieve.

That's just office banter mate you're fine.

The snakes are the snivelling wee geeks that go out their road to dig up shite about others.

You are correct.

Outing sexism, racism and bigotry is worse than folk being sexist, racist or bigoted.

That's where our society is now.

Chris Benoit

Suarez picture and denouncing people for unnaceptable behaviour including racism aye?

Or is your picture some kind of ironic statement?

What the **** are you on about? His username/avatar has nothing to do with his personal views.

Would also like to take this opportunity to reiterate that I in no way condone the murder of women and children before dj accuses me of that.

How stupid do you have to be to end up talking like this (whether through habit or lame 'humour') via digital means when you're considered to be someone in the public eye? Aside from the obvious comments re: bigotry/sexism/racism that have mostly all been covered already, what in the name of the wee man were they thinking? Or just how invincible do these folk think they are? Complete madness.

It's not even like they're just two mates talking about the night afore in the pub or something (don't jump on this pls, I'm not suggesting that would be any better) they're actually discussing their employment/professional work. Stupidest thing ever.

doctor jambo

What the **** are you on about? His username/avatar has nothing to do with his personal views.

Would also like to take this opportunity to reiterate that I in no way condone the murder of women and children before dj accuses me of that.

Think there is a big difference between wrestlers and Suarez- no?

HIs username/avatar are of a racist nut job, yet he condemns someone for ,erm, pretty similar actually.

Still, you leap on that high horse if you want

Difference is one mental racist is worth ?75 million and is still idolised........or is that not OK to say, or is it not true?

HIs username/avatar are of a racist nut job, yet he condemns someone for ,erm, pretty similar actually.

Difference is one mental racist is worth ?75 million and is still idolised........or is that not OK to say, or is it not true?

dinnae look up Benoit on Google, that's all I'm saying.

Do you know who Chris Benoit is? I mean, he's a wrestler, and he famously used a wrestling hold but he's not famous for being a wrestler. That's all i'll say.

PS. I'm not a fish.

A youth player who played under Mackay had tweeted his experiences and it seems to confirm that he was an all round unsavoury character. He's since taken no end of abuse for speaking up which tells it's own story.

Chris Benoit

Where has he condoned Suarez's actions? Like I said a persons username/avatar has no bearing on a persons views or opinions.

Archived