Osman Sow

Rudiboy

Hopefully tomorrow night counts as it means he only misses 1 league game. I think he would have been rested tomorrow anyway as this season is all about the league.

Hopefully tomorrow night counts as it means he only misses 1 league game. I think he would have been rested tomorrow anyway as this season is all about the league.

3 competitive games in and you think he would have been rested? Dont think so myself. I reckon he would defo have played wednesday.

kingantti1874

3 competitive games in and you think he would have been rested? Dont think so myself. I reckon he would defo have played wednesday.

Keatings deserves a game - I think he'd have played ..

Keatings deserves a game - I think he'd have played ..

he does..... for me its who plays with Sow tho. They 2 up top on Wednesday would have been my guess...no anymore.

Automatically misses the next game. Then if violent conduct do they not meet to discuss the severity of the crime?

Ricardo Quaresma

Only two games for violent conduct? Really?

What did handling get?

When does his ban continue?

What did handling get?

When does his ban continue?

Handling was given 2 yellows which doesn't constitute an automatic ban.

I thought the big man was poor on Sunday. Never won a header and couldn't hold the ball up in the first half. There was little to no movement from him as well. Getting sent off was a moment of insanity. The game was won.

Not going to complain to much as he was brilliant against Rangers.

I am looking forward to see how Keatings gets on tomorrow night.

Handling was given 2 yellows which doesn't constitute an automatic ban.

Handling was given a straight red for his tackle on Temps

I thought the big man was poor on Sunday. Never won a header and couldn't hold the ball up in the first half. There was little to no movement from him as well. Getting sent off was a moment of insanity. The game was won.

Apart from maybe Holt and Nicholson the entire team played well below par on Sunday. Winning games when the team isn't playing at their best will go a long way to us challenge for the tittle come May.

Players like Sow will have far better games than he will poor ones that's for sure but if RN intends using him as a target man the ball must be played into feet.

Now the rangers and h1b5 games are out the way we will start playing two up front which will defentaly help big Sow.

Robbie said he would be making changes as the league was priority so I was guessing sow would be one of those rested as he is pretty important to how we play.

upgotheheads

Apart from maybe Holt and Nicholson the entire team played well below par on Sunday. Winning games when the team isn't playing at their best will go a long way to us challenge for the tittle come May.

Players like Sow will have far better games than he will poor ones that's for sure but if RN intends using him as a target man the ball must be played into feet.

Now the rangers and h1b5 games are out the way we will start playing two up front which will defentaly help big Sow.

Sow didn't have a bad game on Saturday, neither did anyone else imo. Sow isn't a target man like Kyle or Sutton, he's mobile and skillfull with the ball at his feet but to give H1b5 credit they pressed the game and didn't give playmakers like Nicholson, Holt,King , etc any time on the ball, which starved Sow of anything he could work with. As the game went on Hearts better technique and fitness showed, hence Nicholson's goal.

Sow didn't have a bad game on Saturday, neither did anyone else imo. Sow isn't a target man like Kyle or Sutton, he's mobile and skillfull with the ball at his feet but to give H1b5 credit they pressed the game and didn't give playmakers like Nicholson, Holt,King , etc any time on the ball, which starved Sow of anything he could work with. As the game went on Hearts better technique and fitness showed, hence Nicholson's goal.

The point being, we can play a hell of a lot better.

I hope Robbie reads him the riot act about his elbows,

he could have been sent off for the first one against Nelson.

Not acceptable to throw your elbows into anyones face.

Get it stopped Robbie, and I bet Sow is now a marked man by the officials for the rest of the campaign.

This 100%

I thought the big man was poor on Sunday. Never won a header and couldn't hold the ball up in the first half. There was little to no movement from him as well.

Do not blame Sow, blame his teammates, As has been already mentioned Sow is not a target man. Nelson & Forster may not be the most mobile of defenders but they can attack a ball in the air especially if only Sow is up front.. The team missed Carrick's touches on Sunday.

Anyway, with no Sow, the team will have to learn how to keep the ball on the ground.

Seymour M Hersh

Tbf he's not a target man & Robbie doesn't want him playing like one either.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Seemed to be a fairly good target the week before, so I don't buy into that. Our new philosophy of keeping it on the deck, will be tested on small grounds like Tynecastle. Dimensions of the pitch, will mean we have to quickly move the ball aerially when pressed as we were on Sunday. To play through teams you need the full backs moving back to the goal line to receive, to open more space, they cant take it on the edge of the box. Robbie you need to watch Bayern. I also believe that the arms thrown out, not particularly the elbows, is a habit. His back is turned to Nelson and he is watching the ball, some hysteria, that he has went to do him. He has been extremely clumsy, which of course he cant be, as that will be a red card every week. Some good coaching needed, don't know who is going to volunteer to jump for the ball with him in training though.

Get it stopped Robbie, and I bet Sow is now a marked man by the officials for the rest of the campaign.

Like McCulloch of Sevco???

Oh ma sides!

Like McCoist will do with McCulloch and Stubbs will do with El Glue?

Sending off could well have been frustration on the big guys behalf. Still looks promising, think hibs done their homework on him and had him shut down from the start considering he was our biggest threat before ko. Would like to see him coming in from wider angles as he seems to have quick feet for a big lad. All in all good position to be in and good problems to have all things considered.

Sorry if already discussed, does anyone know how long he is suspended for, 3 games or less?

not sure your original question has been answered on this thread yet? What games does he miss?

upgotheheads

Has the length of Sow's ban been officially announced, I can't see anything on the Hearts website. My understanding was that a straight red was an immediate one match ban but people seem to be assuming that it's two or three games.

rossthejambo

I thought violent conduct which is what an elbow would be classed as was a 3 game ban, but that goes against what Walker was given yesterday so maybe it is only a 2 game ban.

It definitely won't just be a 1 game ban though.

Can't imagine he'd have played tonight anyway so it's only Saturday's game that will be a problem.

upgotheheads

I thought violent conduct which is what an elbow would be classed as was a 3 game ban, but that goes against what Walker was given yesterday so maybe it is only a 2 game ban.

It definitely won't just be a 1 game ban though.

Can't imagine he'd have played tonight anyway so it's only Saturday's game that will be a problem.

Makes sense.

If the Sfa follow their own rules (yes I know!) then it will be classed as Serious foul play rather than violent conduct.

This is because the incident occurred during a challenge for the ball. Yes it was an elbow, but it was during a challenge. If its serious foul play (which again it should) it will be either one or a two game ban, depending on how the ref writes the report and what action is taken.

I would equate it to a two footed jumping tackle that got a straight red. I would expect a two game ban, but it might only be one.

For violent conduct to be the case, the incident should occur during a stoppage in the game or off the ball, or in circumstances where the referee was of the opinion that there was no challenge for the ball but the player was simply using the ball as 'cover' for a violent assault (suarez bite is a prime example). So, I dont think Sow's elbow could be classed as violent conduct.

Walkers attempted head butt would be violent conduct, for which the penalty is a minimum 2 game ban. Stevensons over the ball assault was serious foul play though as it was a challenge. Both got the 2 game ban option however!

Clear as mud?

Hungry hippo

If the Sfa follow their own rules (yes I know!) then it will be classed as Serious foul play rather than violent conduct.

This is because the incident occurred during a challenge for the ball. Yes it was an elbow, but it was during a challenge. If its serious foul play (which again it should) it will be either one or a two game ban, depending on how the ref writes the report and what action is taken.

I would equate it to a two footed jumping tackle that got a straight red. I would expect a two game ban, but it might only be one.

For violent conduct to be the case, the incident should occur during a stoppage in the game or off the ball, or in circumstances where the referee was of the opinion that there was no challenge for the ball but the player was simply using the ball as 'cover' for a violent assault (suarez bite is a prime example). So, I dont think Sow's elbow could be classed as violent conduct.

Walkers attempted head butt would be violent conduct, for which the penalty is a minimum 2 game ban. Stevensons over the ball assault was serious foul play though as it was a challenge. Both got the 2 game ban option however!

Clear as mud?

When are the punishments normally confirmed officially?

Getintaethem

As far as I'm aware, both Walker and Sow were suspended for last night (Walker would have played), both are suspended for the Raith game, as is Robinson. All three will then be available for Stenhousemuir and Falkirk.

Chris Benoit

As far as I'm aware, both Walker and Sow were suspended for last night (Walker would have played), both are suspended for the Raith game, as is Robinson. All three will then be available for Stenhousemuir and Falkirk.

Robinson can play against Raith

Chris Benoit

3 league games. Just wasn't selected for Annan.

So how come his suspension is league only and Walker and Sow served one of their games last night?

Wish they'd just go back to how they did it before (and England still do) where domestic suspensions count for any domestic matches.

Chris Benoit

Just realised Sow and Walker would've been classed as violent conduct which covers all competitions. Ignore me, second point stands though.

So how come his suspension is league only and Walker and Sow served one of their games last night?

Wish they'd just go back to how they did it before (and England still do) where domestic suspensions count for any domestic matches.

Maybe, it is because it was 2 bookings for Robinson rather than a straight red for violent conduct or serious foul play so got added to league games?

If it had been for vc/sfp in the friendly, maybe he would have been given an additional 2 match any competitive game ban to the existing 2 league game ban, meaning he would have missed Annan and Livingston.

All maybe, but it does well to understand the rules.

Maybe, Robinson should have headbutted a Dinamo (?) player before the referee got a chance to pull out the second yellow.

Chris Benoit

Maybe, it is because it was 2 bookings for Robinson rather than a straight red for violent conduct or serious foul play so got added to league games?

If it had been for vc/sfp in the friendly, maybe he would have been given an additional 2 match any competitive game ban to the existing 2 league game ban, meaning he would have missed Annan and Livingston.

All maybe, but it does well to understand the rules.

Maybe, Robinson should have headbutted a Dinamo (?) player before the referee got a chance to pull out the second yellow.

It also does well to read the rest of the posts before jumping in like a smart *****

pettigrewsstylist

Agree with all this tbh, he had one penetrating run down left 2 nd half where his pace was evident but Nelson had him in pocket all day in the air, quite dissapointing really and prob the reason elbows where getting used for "leverage"

Agree with all this tbh, he had one penetrating run down left 2 nd half where his pace was evident but Nelson had him in pocket all day in the air, quite dissapointing really and prob the reason elbows where getting used for "leverage"

Its pretty clear that he doesn't want the ball in the air. We need to get the ball into his chest or feet to get the best out of him. I didn't think he help himself much against hibs as he was pretty static.

It also does well to read the rest of the posts before jumping in like a smart *****

Sorry,

That post didn't come over as it was intended. I was using 'maybe' along the lines 'I personally have absolutely no idea, but here are some potential options'.

And that line about rules was meant to be a tongue in cheek about the players and how ridiculous some of the rules are. i.e - my follow up that if Robinson, or any player knew the impact of various sending off offences, bizarrely, sometimes it's worth it to be sent off for the more serious offence.

I was actually agreeing with your post.

Archived