*** We Have No Cares - Hearts v Raith episode now online ***

Malcolm Tucker

Some tech advice for you - get rid of the reverb, that's a no-no. Headsets or two mics and a mixer? - look at Audio Notetaker from Sonocent - (Google it) to edit and process your podcast. PM me for advice if you want - happy to help.

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Malcolm Tucker

• gashauskis9

• kolya

• :shitwine:

I had a listen earlier.

I think it's a very good starter for 10. My feedback fwiw.

1. Try and get out as quickly as possible after game. People want to celebrate/commiserate straight after game. You want it issued when still fresh in people's memories,

I accept not so easy after being at game etc. but pretty important to get emotions whilst still running hight.

2. Get a regular segment which can continue throughout. I don't know 'where are they now on ex players' or something similar. A common theme which can be picked up when things are a bit dull in field.

3. I liked it was pretty natural and just a couple mates chatting.

4. Would encourage to involve audience in some shape form. I don't know invite questions sbd can choose to answer what suits.

I was pleasantly surprised. No doubt it will grow/develop with time. It will take time but think on right tact

Good advice this. Quite enjoyed it myself.

Subscribed :)

Some tech advice for you - get rid of the reverb, that's a no-no. Headsets or two mics and a mixer? - look at Audio Notetaker from Sonocent - (Google it) to edit and process your podcast. PM me for advice if you want - happy to help.

No reverb, just 100% room tone. Actually just recording into an iPad with some post compression and EQing - the best compromise of recording ease to sound quality available.

Notbrainwashed

Hopefully add a 'guest' 3rd person most weeks as well to add a bit more to it.

Christ. I hope you don't pick them from here.

That said, where do I sign? :)

fabienleclerq

I listened to it expecting to be shite, and was pleasantly surprised! Thought it was pretty good actually, "osman sow and all who ride in him" :lol:

Like others have said a third party would work really well, it's a bit like a purely Hearts based off the ball(that's a compliment... I think!).

I enjoyed it, could do with less good hair/looks chat though.

I think you would find it wouldn't be that difficult to get ex players to on it. Might be worth phoning round post offices or taxi ranks. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

I'm no one to brag like...but I could probably get you Jimmy Sandisons mobile number ;-)

Big Slim Stylee

It's good guy:) A bit Dick Emery - you can only do with so many innuendoes - at the front and that room sound's a bit silly on the mic. You can probs get that a bit closer?

Funny. x

Big Slim Stylee

I quietly love the fact the koyla and birregrande are now going to make it a mission to make your subsequent pod efforts audio acceptable to your average listener. There's f&ck all they can do do at that tragic vocal end...:)

Juan Jose Carricondo Perez

Been hoping for a good Hearts podcast since they stopped doing the Save Our Hearts one a couple of years ago now. That one was broken up into different sections with Dave Allan doing a "this week in Hearts" history type bit and a couple of guys from here doing a fans view section. There was also an interview with a current or ex player as well.

Will give this a listen on the way to the game today.

It's obviously a little rough round the edges but overall I enjoyed it. I will defo give this a listen each week, a good few funny moments and couldn't agree more about angry hammill.

Best of luck with it, hopefully a regular show and get some regular features in it or listener interaction over email/twitter

Big Slim Stylee

I liked it. Would listen again.

I particularly liked the Prince Bauben song inspired by Adam Ant.

No I wouldn't put up with that again tbh......:) You have to be tough on the the edit stuff. FTH

Amoruso_lets_it_run

I thought this was brilliant. Full of dry and understated humour (and fisting) as well as being packed with extensively researched facts and technical terms. Will definitely be a regular listener.

Incidentally I listened to it on the app podcast republic for those with Android

Tommy Walker

65c2ba559303fddd26cdea28f79f5c2e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm living in the now.

I'm 63.

I don't understand your response.

Yours in 'realising this is (getting) off topic

TW

Excellent first effort lads, well done! Looking forward to more of the same next week.

Glad to see the feedback you're getting is mostly positive. Keep up the good work and ignore the naysayers who have either had a sense of humour bypass or just don't "get" this type of football banter podcast.

grantaitchie8

A guest or questions would be a good idea. Good start though, funny, witty and even managed to get some fisting banter :pleasing:

Really enjoyed the first show, and have subscribed so looking forward to future installments.

The intro/outro music is very :pleasing: .

Just a question for you two. What did the note say? Are you's concerned that Robbie is a gayer and wanted to meet Danny in the showers?

Great work guys, keep it up. As a jambo living down under it was great to hear a couple jambos chatting away about the club we all love.

bigsuperslim1874

Good 1st effort. Some of the swearing seemed a bit forced (and I can swear with the best of them). Liked a lot of the content and had a good laugh at the songs/singing at the end.

Minimising the echo would be good as well! Has the makings of a very good podcast and will get the 2nd.

Good 1st effort. Some of the swearing seemed a bit forced (and I can swear with the best of them). Liked a lot of the content and had a good laugh at the songs/singing at the end.

Minimising the echo would be good as well! Has the makings of a very good podcast and will get the 2nd.

I'm not trying to stick up for Malcolm Tucker and Kolya, but they really effing swear that much. It's not effing forced.

Tokyo Drifter

Well done. Been wondering if anyone was going to get a podcast together. Was half inclined to have a go myself but I'm sure yours is better.

Well done. Been wondering if anyone was going to get a podcast together. Was half inclined to have a go myself but I'm sure yours is better.

Well have a go then mate. The more Hearts podcasts the better!!

Had a listen on the train back to Glasgow after the game and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm sure it'll get better and better as well.

bigsuperslim1874

I'm not trying to stick up for Malcolm Tucker and Kolya, but they really effing swear that much. It's not effing forced.

Maybe forced was the wrong word - unnecessary is probably more fitting. Just giving feedback as the guys asked and as I said, will deffo check out the 2nd edition.

Maybe forced was the wrong word - unnecessary is probably more fitting. Just giving feedback as the guys asked and as I said, will deffo check out the 2nd edition.

I know man, I'm not having a go! I was trying to be funny. :(

bigsuperslim1874

I know man, I'm not having a go! I was trying to be funny. :(

Ha ha - no worries bud. I was half asleep when I read ur post and to be fair, it did make me think that I wasn't articulating myself correctly. I look forward to the next podcast. :thumbsup:

Enjoyed that, good effort guys. Had actually been discussing the possibility of a Hearts podcast just days ago, definitely something that we need more of.

Have subscribed and will certainly be listening in to the next one. :2thumbsup: