*** We Have No Cares - Hearts v Raith episode now online ***

Malcolm Tucker

jamboinglasgow

Very enjoyable, funny and actually made laugh very loudly in Tescos (got some odd looks.) The set-up works well. Hope to hear more.

It has been something we have been lacking, a Hearts-centric podcast. There are some good Scottish football podcasts (the Terrace for example) but sometimes you just want to hear about Hearts for 30+ minutes. Hope it encourages others to podcast about Hearts.

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Malcolm Tucker

• gashauskis9

• kolya

• :shitwine:

jack D and coke

Not bad at all. Look forward to the next one.

Just one word of advice, mibbe don't record it in a pub toilet. Echoville :lol:

Good stuff though.

Edited by jack D and coke

Not bad at all. Look forward to the next one.

Just one word of advice, mibbe don't record it in a pub toilet. Echoville :lol:

Good stuff though.

what I was trying to explain! :-)

Is this up on anywhere apart from iTunes?

If you click on this link you will have the option to subscribe with whichever aggregator you desire, or simply stream the episode directly by clicking the episode title.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone, we should have the Hibs show ready for you late tomorrow evening.

Malcolm Tucker

Was meant to be recorded this evening but my voice is gone following the scenes post-match.

As Kolya says, it'll be up tomorrow night!

If anyone has any decent song suggestions for Nicholson I'm all ears, his name doesn't really rhyme with anything...

Chris Benoit

Was meant to be recorded this evening but my voice is gone following the scenes post-match.

As Kolya says, it'll be up tomorrow night!

If anyone has any decent song suggestions for Nicholson I'm all ears, his name doesn't really rhyme with anything...

Here's an obscurely shite one to the chorus of Live It Up by Mental As Anything.

He left Stubbs with a sad face,

Towards the goal he raced,

Sam Nicholson.

Tynecastle let out a roar,

The hibees hit the floor,

Sam Nicholson.

I'll add my own Cornette

:cornette:

Notbrainwashed

Already auditioned mine in the Diggers. Classic in the making :D

The latest episode of the podcast is now available! Subscribers should see it in their iTunes feed right now.

If you want to stream or subscribe via iTunes it will appear here very shortly, and if you want to listen to it by any other means at all, click here.

Thanks for listening!

Son Of Anarchy

Is it available as a download for non iTunes users?

Sounds jolly

was about to ask same thing. How can i listen to this on android smartphone being a non android non smart person?

Ooops just checked and it is there after all.

Had to go into 'add old episodes' to find it though. I thought it should appear automatically since I've subscribed?

iTunes updates itself about once a day at a set time, but you can force it to check for new episodes by clicking the refresh button at the top left of your podcast page, which should cause any new podcasts to download at your command.

Also, the second episode is now on the iTunes web page for your streaming pleasure.

Just listened to episode 2.

Once again a decent listen, but FAR too much swearing. The occasional **** can be forgiven, but to start peppering the podcasts with the C word is a step too far.

The bad language will do nowt to help build a listener base IMO. Seems totally counterproductive.

It's just my opinion but the content of the podcast is not quite good enough to put up with the swearing. I can see myself tuning out if it continues, which is a shame because it has the potential to be decent :-(

Once again a decent listen, but FAR too much swearing. The occasional **** can be forgiven, but to start peppering the podcasts with the C word is a step too far.

The bad language will do nowt to help build a listener base IMO. Seems totally counterproductive.

It's just my opinion but the content of the podcast is not quite good enough to put up with the swearing. I can see myself tuning out if it continues, which is a shame because it has the potential to be decent :-(

I love a swear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love a swear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As do I bud, but there's a time and a place naw?

In this instance I'd suggest it'll do nothing other than turning potential listeners away. Why would guys n gals let their kids listen in? There are probably older fans that don't swear as much as this generation who would be turned off as well.

Continual bad language kinda polarises the listenership into the 'young guys who think f****** and c****** in every second sentence is the norm' demograph.

Anyhoo, that's my tuppence worth ;-)

I don't think the content is suitable for kids even without the swearing tbh, nor is it probably meant to be. Most football podcasts I've heard aren't though...

bigsuperslim1874

I gave feedback on the first episode for this same thing. I gather the guys like a good swear generally but think that a lot of the swearing was unnecessary for this medium. I did enjoy the content which is enough to keep me listening - and I am thankful that someone took the time to create this - but would like to think that the feedback will be taken on board.

Scott_HMFC1874

Some good swearies in that episode. I like that it's just like two mates talking Hearts as they would down the pub.

The Prince love-in is excellent as well.

Malcolm Tucker

Maybe a spin-off called We Have No Swears is in order :lol:

But once again, feedback is appreciated and taken on board.

Prince deserves every second of his love-in.

:wub:

bigsuperslim1874

Maybe a spin-off called We Have No Swears is in order :lol:

But once again, feedback is appreciated and taken on board.

Prince deserves every second of his love-in.

:wub:

Thanks for taking the time to create these podcasts mate - something we have been severely lacking. Hopefully by using the feedback it will go from strength to strength - i have mentioned it to a few mates so hopefully there will be a few more downloads coming. :thumbsup:

Surely we have to get Madness' song The Prince involved somehow!

As do I bud, but there's a time and a place naw?

In this instance I'd suggest it'll do nothing other than turning potential listeners away. Why would guys n gals let their kids listen in? There are probably older fans that don't swear as much as this generation who would be turned off as well.

Continual bad language kinda polarises the listenership into the 'young guys who think f****** and c****** in every second sentence is the norm' demograph.

Anyhoo, that's my tuppence worth ;-)

Do you long to be an internet mod? :bucktooth:

Malcolm Tucker

Thanks for taking the time to create these podcasts mate - something we have been severely lacking. Hopefully by using the feedback it will go from strength to strength - i have mentioned it to a few mates so hopefully there will be a few more downloads coming. :thumbsup:

Surely we have to get Madness' song The Prince involved somehow!

Thanks mate. Have no doubt it'll get smoother and stronger as the weeks go by and we start adding to it a wee bit.

And if more folk could follow your lead and tell friends, I wouldn't be complaining! Think word of mouth can help podcasts as well. Not everyone is into Twitter and Kickback!

On the Kevin McHattie songs, I heard one at Dens at the tail end of the 2012/13 season that made me chuckle.

Went something along the lines of... (to the tune of 'Achy Breaky Heart')

"Don't Sell McHattie, Kevin McHattie, I just don't think you understand..

that if you sell McHattie, Kevin McHattie, you might just have a riot on your hands"

I may not have got it all correct but it was something like that. It didn't quite catch on but still made me laugh when a few lads were chanting it.

As for the podcast I liked episode 2 as well. I suppose there is quite a lot of swearing but I think it almost fits in with the 'tone' of the show. I guess it could be toned down a wee bit but it won't stop me from listening.

Thanks mate. Have no doubt it'll get smoother and stronger as the weeks go by and we start adding to it a wee bit.

And if more folk could follow your lead and tell friends, I wouldn't be complaining! Think word of mouth can help podcasts as well. Not everyone is into Twitter and Kickback!

The word has been spread at my end :thumbsup:

Also, if you fancy having a guest speaker just ranting about Hibs hatred, I'd be more than happy to lend my services :whistling: either that, or give it to Le Chat :lol:

Let's remember what this is, guys.

It's an irreverent, entirely partisan review of Hearts games. Yeah, they swear and yeah it's not overly polished. It's a bit of fun and a review of the game.

I've just listened to the second podcast and enjoyed it as much as the first.

Good work!

The word has been spread at my end :thumbsup:

Also, if you fancy having a guest speaker just ranting about Hibs hatred, I'd be more than happy to lend my services :whistling: either that, or give it to Le Chat :lol:

I'm sure they'd be open to guests, but they'd get an IJ for the cost of a Strongbow torpedo. ;)

Guest GhostHunter

Thread title updated - as soon as any new episodes are released bump the thread and PM myself & Uly to update thread title...

PS - I'm also available to discuss the merits of MySQL & PHP in the day to day running of a football forum.

PPS - Mates Rates apply

Angry Haggis

Listened to the first two episodes at work this morning - very enjoyable listening.

Can I suggest a few show features:

1. 'Hibernian Huddy of the week' - this can be current playing staff, management, historical Hibs players/celeb fans, Paul Kane or any other Hibs rasper who merits a going over.

2. Hearts 'Moment in Time' - select a season, special match and Hearts player and reminisce with warm fuzzy feelings. Of course could be focused on a terrible Hearts player - feature can be opened up to listeners suggestions.

3. HoMFC hair - pick the player (past or present), analyse the doo (including facial hair if appropriate) good or bad. Again - can be opened up to listeners suggestions

Looking forward to the next episode.

:jjyay:

You can tell me to piss off, but from my experience recording informal football podcasts swears are much funnier when you don't use them that often. It gives the joke more impact.

I have thoroughly enjoyed them both, though.

You can tell me to piss off, but from my experience recording informal football podcasts swears are much funnier when you don't use them that often. It gives the joke more impact.

I have thoroughly enjoyed them both, though.

Is that you James Richardson? Not everyone can be so suave. You urinate with the penis you have.

Edited by Smack

Juan Jose Carricondo Perez

2nd one is a decent listen.

Just a pity the 2boys are part timers and there won't be one next week! :whistling:

Maybe they could get a guest on who is at the game for weeks they can't make it.

Edited by Juan Jose Carricondo Perez

Another good ep. On the swearing, there's no point cutting it all out to make it family friendly. You wouldn't get many new listeners and the quality would decline. You could consider cutting back on the swears as it'd make you be a bit more creative - and i know you can be creative with your insults sans swearies - and it'd give the remaining ones more effect.

Or just tell me to **** off.

You could do with more regular features to aid with the flow and not have to rely on talking points from the match. Wins against rangers and hibs with penalties, goals and sendings off are meat and drink but a 0-0 draw at alloa may not have the same material. Even something as simple as starting off with a brief comings and goings of the club in the period since the last podcast. An irreverent look a hearts player's twitter account, a fictionalized q and a with a player, interviews with fans, a regular debate on a petty and esoteric topic, pretty much anything that lets the audience know the structure of the show and allows you guys to weight the show where necessary.

Great first couple of episodes...subscribed on Podcast Addict for Android.

The swearing is fine by me....makes the whole thing casual and funnier too.

"Craig's the arsehole!"

Genius.

Malcolm Tucker

Also, if you want to give us any more suggestions/feedback/abuse but don't want to stick it on here or Twitter, I just remembered we set up an e-mail account in order to get the iTunes feed sorted. So that can be used as well!

[email protected]