Sunday's mascots

Llee1874

My son (wee Glen) is one of the mascots for this Sunday & he is relishing the thought of doing the 5-1 in front of the TV cameras. Hopefully he can get on the the telly or maybe a snap of him with the Hibs team in the background. Looking forward to it.

photo_zpsfcd3f7a3.jpg

Congrats sure it will be a lovely day for him

If u dont mind me asking

How do u go about getting the wee one as a mascot?

Would quite like to do it for junior

Congrats sure it will be a lovely day for him

If u dont mind me asking

How do u go about getting the wee one as a mascot?

Would quite like to do it for junior

Just contact the club and enquire as to availability. They do charge you though, but the experience is really good. We've done it once before but it was a hearts defeat :(

Can he play in goals?

Hope he has a great day :-D

he's actually very good in goals. He has goal posts in his garden and practises every day ... he loves football :)

Just contact the club and enquire as to availability. They do charge you though, but the experience is really good. We've done it once before but it was a hearts defeat :(

Thanks for this

Will look out a number and try

Roughly how much is it costwise? I do vaguely remember ?250 being mooted

Cheers

Surprised at that. Do they not run the junior jambos club or whatever it was called? Pretty sure they used to pick randomly from them for mascots.

How much do they charge?

What! If we lose I'm blaming him!

queensferryjambo

Surprised at that. Do they not run the junior jambos club or whatever it was called? Pretty sure they used to pick randomly from them for mascots.

How much do they charge?

If somebody pays for the priviledge of being a mascot I do not think it is at the expense of another child in the junior Jambos etc. They still have a child picked at random and the paying mascot is an additional mascot. Might be wrong on that but that is how I have always seen it working. When my kids won the Foundation of Hearts mascot prize there was another mascot who paid.

It is a great day out and as you know get a disc of photos that run as a film on the disc. You can take as many photos as you like. The one thing I was dissappointed about was that you never got a high resolution picture of the official photo with the teams before kick off - the one that appears in the next games match day programme. I emailed the official club photographer and he sent the picture straight out to me - absolutely brilliant on his part TOP MAN. If you want his email address send me a PM.

Hope he has a great day and get that 5-1 proudly up in the air :)

queensferryjambo

On an added comedy note - When Hearts started allowing people to pay to be mascots I saw a H1b5 fan slagging off Hearts online saying how Hearts were mercinaries who had stopped normal everyday kids getting a chance to be a mascot. Then another H1b5 fan informed him H1b5 had being doing the same for years before us :)

Thanks for this

Will look out a number and try

Roughly how much is it costwise? I do vaguely remember ?250 being mooted

Cheers

It's ?250 for the Derby. I think it might be cheaper for games which are non Derby and Sevco though. I'm sure they were charging ?350 last year for the Derby.

Contact Shelley at Hearts. She's the one who's responsible for the mascots this year.

How much do they charge?

Last season they introduced the opportunity for one paying mascot I.e. to try and help bring money into the club. You are right about the junior jambos though, I just think over the last few seasons it lost focus.

There are two mascots tomorrow (Hearts confirmed this). The other wee boy is celebrating his 6th birthday which makes me believe he is a paying mascot too.

superb Hope the wee man brings us luck, and never lets them forget!

Glen will never let them forget - ha! He will no doubt 5-1 the hibs squad tomorrow in the tunnel too ..... He's very cheeky with it! ... Would be funny if caught on camera :)

How old do you have to be before you become 'too old'?

Once over 51 there is no chance.

I was mascot when Robbo got a hat trick. 4-0 against Partick. 1983 I think. I mind stopping at topsport to get new shorts.

For years I thought it was robbos first hat trick but he seemingly got one the week before.

Hope he has a cracking day :thumbsup:

Brilliant.

Looking forward to seeing the wee man give it some 5-1 :jester:

He's got a great portfolio so far ... Marius, Rudi, Paulo Sergio, the Queen of Hearts .... Tomorrow the hibs players are his target! ..... Once he hits 51 he is going to publish his own photo book :)

?250 is absolutely outrageous tbh. Really disappoints me.

Still, it's a brilliant day out.

Enjoy!

As long as its a win ... I'll be happy!

LincolnHearts

He's got a great portfolio so far ... Marius, Rudi, Paulo Sergio, the Queen of Hearts .... Tomorrow the hibs players are his target! ..... Once he hits 51 he is going to publish his own photo book :)

Put my name down for one!!

Junior Jambos got stopped as costing too as someone decided it should be free and club had more things to worry about... Talk of it coming back, but you can still pay ?250... I was going to put myself forward but not got this season strip !!

LincolnHearts

He says only if your a cool dude!

LOL, I wan't one of those loom bands as well!!!

I hope the wee man has a day of pure joy. You must be the proudest Jambo out there.

Sadly, it's a Sky job in the house for me down here, but I just KNOW I'm going to see young Glen give it a 5-1 for the world to see.

:2thumbsup:

LOL, I wan't one of those loom bands as well!!!

I hope the wee man has a day of pure joy. You must be the proudest Jambo out there.

Sadly, it's a Sky job in the house for me down here, but I just KNOW I'm going to see young Glen give it a 5-1 for the world to see.

:2thumbsup:

PM me your address and ill get him to make you one and send :)

LincolnHearts

PM me your address and ill get him to make you one and send :)

Will do. Thank you very much.

Please PM me your details so I can send something up for Glen. :2thumbsup:

Can he play in goals?

Hope he has a great day :-D

Andy Goram was that size, maybe the wee man could do a job? :)

Hope the lad has a great day and a great result to go with it! HHGH

Will do. Thank you very much.

Please PM me your details so I can send something up for Glen. :2thumbsup:

Will do but you don't need to do that ... He had a great day and was delighted that Dale was wearing his loom band. Just a shame he wasn't playing ... He didn't have time to go round all the players but gave one to Robbie, Dale, Alim and Danny :) .....

Great result for us too and now he can say he was mascot for the winning side of the first Edinburgh Derby of the Championship and his loom band and was also on tele in the tunnel (we've just watched it :). )

P.s. both mascots were told not to do any 5-1's on the pitch as there have been complaints ... The mascot organiser and photographer told them repeatedly so the boys had to behave themselves :( .... Apparently the police have warned the club about it .... Spoil sports ...

P.s. both mascots were told not to do any 5-1's on the pitch as there have been complaints ... The mascot organiser and photographer told them repeatedly so the boys had to behave themselves :( .... Apparently the police have warned the club about it .... Spoil sports ...

That's tragic...

Randle P McMurphy

That is really poor. Hibs will just need to learn to suck it up. This won't end anytime soon

That is so pathetic but there you go with modern world. Hope you don't mind me posting this and PM me if you want a full size version

MascotsHMFc2vHFC1_17082014.jpg

3fingersreid

Do the police plan to arrest or remove anyone with any reference to 0-7 on a top or scarf ? Not even the most rabid of that lot would make a complaint total fekin joke

Anyways how did the wee fella enjoy that ?

That is so pathetic but there you go with modern world. Hope you don't mind me posting this and PM me if you want a full size version

MascotsHMFc2vHFC1_17082014.jpg

Yes please .... Yeah the ban of the 5-1's on pitch isn't down to the club. They were nervous as it was mentioned time and time again today and then the photographer came over prior to them going in the tunnel and politely said to keep the 5-1's inside the tunnel ... Darn, as both mascots were up for the challenge

Do the police plan to arrest or remove anyone with any reference to 0-7 on a top or scarf ? Not even the most rabid of that lot would make a complaint total fekin joke

Anyways how did the wee fella enjoy that ?

He loved it but he got a fright when we scored the first goal .... Was the only Jambo who was bubbling away ;)

Glad it was the right result.

Brilliant.

Not being able to do a 5-1. At Tynecastle.

:facepalm:

Where do you even begin with that? Ridiculous.

These complainers need to be ousted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah funny what you can't do these days.

Let people do what they want = happier world.

Mascots were a credit to the club and parents today.

3fingersreid

He loved it but he got a fright when we scored the first goal .... Was the only Jambo who was bubbling away ;)

Delighted he enjoyed it :)

Archived