Raith away

The People's Chimp

The People's Chimp

Really looking forward to this, what kind of crowd do we think we'll take? I heard we are getting around 4000 tickets, reckon we will take that?

I can see pretty much every away game this season being a huge occasion, certainly how it feels for me.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chester copperpot

Really looking forward to this, what kind of crowd do we think we'll take? I heard we are getting around 4000 tickets, reckon we will take that?

I can see pretty much every away game this season being a huge occasion, certainly how it feels for me.

Was taking a wee deek at their capacity, as I found it strange that we were announcing a points system for this and Livi, and show as being well over 10K Starks park holds. I didn't think it was as much as that, with approx 2.5K max for the Raith fans, think we'll get as many tickets as required to be honest.

Should be a few good away days this season likes. Looking forward to Cowdenbeath!

rossthejambo

Planning on getting along for this one, would be pretty surprised if we didn't sell out tbh.

I've still not been to Starks Park so it'll be another ground crossed off the list and with an 80 points threshold means I'll be able to get a ticket in phase 1 which is a nice bonus.

loveofthegame

Should be good atmosphere in what will be a tough game.

All of the so called "smaller" teams are really going to raise their games for visits of us, Rangers and Hibs. There won't be many "easy" away games this season I wouldn't imagine, a big backing will definitely help though.

As I mentioned on another thread, unfortunately am away that weekend so can't make it through.

Maurice Moss

Was taking a wee deek at their capacity, as I found it strange that we were announcing a points system for this and Livi, and show as being well over 10K Starks park holds. I didn't think it was as much as that, with approx 2.5K max for the Raith fans, think we'll get as many tickets as required to be honest.

Should be a few good away days this season likes. Looking forward to Cowdenbeath!

Doesn't really hold 10000 without the railway stand, although I think they have re-installed some of the seats in that. I'd imagine we'll get the 3000ish (don't know exactly) in the away stand and possibly additional re-opened sections (maybe 500-1000) in the railway stand. The other two will definitely be home support.

Getintaethem

We're getting around 4000, the away end and the newly seated railway stand. Rovers supporter in my work reckons there's a Bavarian beer festival in the town square that day. Prematch stiens, marvellous!

Gorgie_Rules

Any good pubs between the station and the ground? Reckon we'll get as many tickets is we want, think we'll take 3,500

loveofthegame

We're getting around 4000, the away end and the newly seated railway stand. Rovers supporter in my work reckons there's a Bavarian beer festival in the town square that day. Prematch stiens, marvellous!

Your colleaugue was right by looks of this http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/local/fife/kirkcaldy-to-hold-bavarian-beer-festival-1.386314

The most we will get is around 4k which I think will sell out.

Don't know if it's been mentioned here but Raith have re-opened the stand that runs along the the side of the train track to away supporters.

Obviously bracing themselves for big crowds for us, Rangers and maybe Hibs.

MacDonald Jardine

Any good pubs between the station and the ground? Reckon we'll get as many tickets is we want, think we'll take 3,500

Willie Johnstone has a pub in town.

I got a seat in row YY, surprised their stand has that many rows. Hope it's at the back. Was told they're only selling above the goal at the moment, you can't get the railway end. So as usual the people who buy nearer the time will probably get better seats than a day 1 mug like me. Sob.

Different Class

I think half the railway stand is now being used with new seats, can see them here

Bavarian beer festival?

I'm in :thumbsup:

Willie Johnston's pub in Kirkcaldy shut down a good while ago

yep and at complete opposite ends of town

Looking forward to this match. Starks Park is a great wee ground and with the railway stand open the atmosphere will be cracking.

Gorgie_Rules

TO said an update should be made Friday

Few people were told on the phone today its 20+ from monday

yep and at complete opposite ends of town

hardly....High Street walk and Links Street walk and you are there...granted there are closer by pubs but no exactly a treck and a half....

TO said an update should be made Friday

Few people were told on the phone today its 20+ from monday

Thanks folks.

hardly....High Street walk and Links Street walk and you are there...granted there are closer by pubs but no exactly a treck and a half....

Still about a half hour walk, throw in the 15 minute walk from the train station in the opposite direction of the ground.

Pub wise, there's a few on the high street - O'Connells and The Exchequer.

The Duchess is just at the end of the high street with The Abbey and The Novar Bar across the road.

Across from the ground is Starks Bar.

Starks bar is now flats !

Really? Was it not there when we played them last season or am I imagining things?

I work most weekends but can make this one.

I dont have many loyalty points...

chances of this going to general sale? zero? :(

kylelauren01

Is it not the Fourways that became flats or has the Starks Bar gone that way as well? Not been through for a while. What's the name of the boozer on Links Street?

Expected cheaper..............?9 for U12s is dear!

Don't think it's too bad when you consider it is a seat taken that could be used by an adult paying full price. If every game was ?17 adults and ?9 for kids then I would be happy with that.

I work most weekends but can make this one.

I dont have many loyalty points...

chances of this going to general sale? zero? :(

It is difficult to say. The demand for tickets just now is pretty incredible.

I think you might just be ok though if you move quickly if/when tickets become available.

Hot since 86

Is it not the Fourways that became flats or has the Starks Bar gone that way as well? Not been through for a while. What's the name of the boozer on Links Street?

Estuary. The Novar is decent as well.

Fxxx the SPFL

Kirkcaldy Rugby club for me and the missus for a wee swally and five minutes from the stadium.

Archived