Raith away

The People's Chimp

Hot since 86

Really excited for this. Nobody wanted to go down but it's great having away days that you look forward to. Going to Motherwell and Killie wasn't even fun the first time round.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think this will sell out now. Should be a cracking hearts support for this top of the table clash

Do tickets go on general sale tomorrow? Deposited hearing rumours they do the Hearts website claims they go on sale tomorrow to people with 20 or more LP's!

Just bought ours online, all our group have 20 points or more though. Can not wait for this on Saturday!!

Got four tickets over the phone very quickly at 9 o'clock. This will sell out no problem.

Archie McBlarter

Booked two tickets just there on phone, no problems getting through. They said we have the north stand only. Not been to Starks Park for a long time, looking forward to it.

Just bought a couple of tickets for me and the wee man online and i had the choice of the north stand or the railway stand and i've only got 40 lp's. :2thumbsup:

I was just in about an hour ago to get two tickets and there was a wee queue forming, so looks good for an away end sell out I would think or near enough.

2 tickets purchased this morning :smuggy: so we'll be dancing in the streets of Raith.

3 tickets purchased for Livi also.

Nelly Terraces

This'll be good shit this awayday. Can't wait. Haven't said that about an away game in years.

In Robbie We Trust.

Anyone else sitting in the home section?

If it doesn't go to general sale, I'll be in the Main Stand.

If it doesn't go to general sale, I'll be in the Main Stand.

I think this will go to general sale by Wednesday.

This'll be good shit this awayday. Can't wait. Haven't said that about an away game in years.

In Robbie We Trust.

Absolutely this!! Going to be a cracking day out, I can not wait! This beer festival sounds like a bonus too

underwaterwoodwelder

Got my two tickets today by phone, i have to say it was the worst experience of buying tickets from the ticket office in my life.

Also just like to add that i drove past starks park and the railway side seating area hasnt been touched and hasnt got one seat on it yet. There loss i suppose i would have thought we could have filled some of that section too.??

Got my two tickets today by phone, i have to say it was the worst experience of buying tickets from the ticket office in my life.

Also just like to add that i drove past starks park and the railway side seating area hasnt been touched and hasnt got one seat on it yet. There loss i suppose i would have thought we could have filled some of that section too.??

It has been refurbished, and even has a sponsor, called "The Key Tech Stand"

http://www.raithrovers.net/15660/the-key-tech-stand.htm

PurfJambo1902

This may sound really weird but after picking up my ticket for raith last week I am having difficulty identifying where it says your seat number and row etc....could some tell me where it is hahaha

Somebody posted a picture a few days ago showing the Railway stand with seats in it ready for use.

Somebody else on this thread has stated they were offered tickets for the Railway stand on the phone.

Just me who's struggling to identify what row/seat I'm in from the ticket??

Took me a while to notice the seat number on the ticket but it is there.

PurfJambo1902

Took me a while to notice the seat number on the ticket but it is there.

Where about is it?

Not too clear on ticket but think thats it in bottom right hand corner at price

Thats what I thought but mines says XX before the seat number.

Using the normal system for seat rows that would mean I am in row 50.

Must be using some other method.

Somebody posted a picture a few days ago showing the Railway stand with seats in it ready for use.

Somebody else on this thread has stated they were offered tickets for the Railway stand on the phone.

yeah the away section of the railway stand has seats in it but the home side as it were doesn't so the boy must have just seen the west side of that stand with no seats in....

It looks like only half of the railway stand has been refurbished.

correct...dont think the old stand is up for a full refurb with seats due to the old ealth' n safety.....

Certainly looks like it, wonder how it will feel as the train goes by feet away from the back wall..

dute9y2y.jpg

Not been to Starks park for a long, long time, looking forward to Saturday. Looks like a cracking stadium they've got (compared to my last visit).

PurfJambo1902

Anyone know how close our end is to selling out? My mate is looking for a ticket but wants it near the back...he phoned the ticket office but they could only offer row F...don't know if tbis means they are selling it block by block and they are starting from the back and working down or what? Help would be appreciated ta

PurfJambo1902

Just worked out that they are..I tried online to book 20 tickets and they all came up in row E and D from seats 94 to 113..this meaning they are starting on the left hand side of the stand are working their way down and across!!

rossthejambo

Just worked out that they are..I tried online to book 20 tickets and they all came up in row E and D from seats 94 to 113..this meaning they are starting on the left hand side of the stand are working their way down and across!!

Thought you could only buy them in person or over the phone.

CornhillHearts

Thought you could only buy them in person or over the phone.

They changed it from this morning. Bought 4 online earlier today

I remember watching the Pie and Bovril podcast interview with Turnbull Hutton.

It really offered a perspective on how clubs like Raith battle to keep their heads above water. He told how he and fellow directors often have to make short term loans to the club just to get them through a month where they maybe have a run of away games with a midweek home game, and are repaid once the club gets a run of home games. Even then, the short term loans sometimes end up becoming longer term loans, until they can maybe sell a decent young prospect for a reasonable fee.

A decent cup draw against a big side, with TV coverage, is a real bonanza for them and can help stabilise the finances for the season.

He talked about how this season could be real game changer in terms of their finances, with 6 home visits from ourselves, Rangers and Hibs, and the likelihood of a couple of TV appearances at least. It's going to be the same for most of the other clubs in the division, and hopefully the presence of the 'big 3' this season will help put some of the struggling clubs clubs on a sounder financial footing.

PurfJambo1902

So the north stand holds about 3,500 I'm guessing which we will look to sell out first which I'd hope we will and then that stand at the side will hold between 500-1000

So the north stand holds about 3,500 I'm guessing which we will look to sell out first which I'd hope we will and then that stand at the side will hold between 500-1000

North holds 3,340-ish, plus additional 450-500 in the Railway stand.

Jambof3tornado

They've put 500 new seats in the Key-Tech stand, with a view to installing more later on..

Prudent. Not spending too much until they get a return on what they've already spent.

DigitalTwisted

2 more tickets bought here. Nice wee train ride to Fife of a Saturday afternoon.

Oh and for what it's worth, I tried to get the Key Tech stand but it said there were none available, so I assume that means we've already sold those 500-1000 seats out?

Great day oot in the "Kingdom" , the ist important match against a wee team, they'll be ready for us so we better put on a good show.

4 bought yesterday. Best place to park?

Either the Beveridge Park/surrounding area (5 min walk tops) or the train station (15 min walk)

Archived