Players you love/loved to hate?

ERJEAN51

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frank McGarvey. A greetin' face you could slap for a fortnight.

Anyone remember his attempt to come over to the shed to take a corner in a game in December '83. Priceless.

Mickey Rouge

McGeady, Brown, Ferguson, McCulloch, McGregor, Lafferty, Riordan, Murray, Diamond, Robson, Pressley and Shiels.

Why McGeady?

PsychocAndy

Why McGeady?

Could be something to do with the sectarian nonsense he spouted during an interview, when he said we hate him and Celtic because of the clubs Irish history, or something similar.

Ian Ferguson. Remember him spitting at the back of wayne fosters head. Summed up him, his club and their support.

First player that springs to mind is Henrik Larsson.

Not a dislikable character per se, but annoyingly good at finishing at times especially since it was for Celtic. Undoubted talent though.

Walter Kidd

Peter Grant

Ally MCCoist

Grant because he was a sleekit little shit. McCoist for being a total dick.

the kings dad

Peter Grant

Ally MCCoist

Grant because he was a sleekit little shit. McCoist for being a total dick.

Albert Kidd, Mickey Weir, Paul Wright, Keith Wright, Paul Kane, Ian Murray, Mark McGee, Willie Miller, Ian Ferguson, Andy Walker, Tommy Coyne, Barry Ferguson, Willo Flood, John Brown and Scott Brown. Absoulte dobbers the lot of them!

Heartsofgold

Every player ever to wear the infamous unwashed hoops, a complete bigot fest of a team and each player a complete " waste of skin"

Including Paul Hartley, John Colquhoun, Stephane Mahe to name a few, ?? Bit of a sweeping hatred?

LogicalEric

Rob Jones was a bit of a bellend. That hard guy Keanesque stare ahead stance he used to do in the tunnel before games used to rile me big time!

Punks No Deid

I hated Gerry McCabe for no other reason than he always played really well against us

gowestjambo

Albert Kidd, Mickey Weir, Paul Wright, Keith Wright, Paul Kane, Ian Murray, Mark McGee, Willie Miller, Ian Ferguson, Andy Walker, Tommy Coyne, Barry Ferguson, Willo Flood, John Brown and Scott Brown. Absoulte dobbers the lot of them!

All that is missing from this fine list is Roy Aitken, Steven Naismith, Paul McGowan, Derek Riordan and Neil Lennon.

Broxburn Jambo

Peter Grant and Scott Brown

Versions of each other

No skill midfielders that hate everything round about them most of all The Famous

Alex MacDonald

Peter Grant - Remember him poking Wayne Foster in the eyes during a game at Parkhead in 86/87, it being shown in the highlights, and nothing being done.

Albert Kidd - For the obvious, and for also doing a Provan and getting Robbo sent off at Brockville

Ian Ferguson - For being a bigoted animal and for his rant against the Tartan Army

Stevie Kirk - For hammering a dead ball into the Wheatfield stand and rendering a lass unconscious

Graeme Souness - For getting away with murder for countless inhuman assaults

Tommy Coyne - For being a nob end, and seeming to score at will against Hearts

Frank McGarvey - Numerous reasons, but primarily his involvement in St Liedown's capitulation to his beloved Celtic on 3/5/86

Davie Provan - For being a blatant, bigoted cheat

John Martin - For being an erse, and taking part in 2 semi final defeats with Airdrie

Neale Cooper - Arrogant pseudo-psycho for the Dons and Rangers

This might not be popular now, but I utterly despised Gordon Strachan as a player for Aberdeen.

Lennon at Celtic, absolutely hated him but he always seemed to be on his game against us. Also Broono when he was at Hibs. A wee Hobo sh1te but always up for the derby games, I remember being well pleased going into one of the derby games to discover he was injured, because he was the only Hobo player I genuinely feared could cause us problems.

This might not be popular now, but I utterly despised Gordon Strachan as a player for Aberdeen.

Popular with me. I thought he was a right sheep bothering, H1b5 farquhar back in the day.

Good player though.

Dean Shiiels is a horrible human being.

Don't think he has 2 i's......

Superb :clap:

Sammy Lee. Not even Hibs have ever had a player with less talent.

A long distance behind him, Riordan and Mark Walters - little gits of the first order.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Why McGeady?

Reasons why I hate McGeady:

He is a diving little arsehole...

He is a greeting faced wee dickhead...

His face is like King Kong Sat on Play-doh, and then randomly stuffed the first Mr Potato Head parts to hand in to the mix...

He utterly reeks of that vile Celtic minded Scot odour...

His hair bothers me...

His voice sounds like someone is slapping a sheep in the pus with a cat...

Apart from all that, I think he's alright. :thumbsup:

PsychocAndy

John "Submarine" McDonald annoyed the shite out of me even when he wasn't playing against Hearts

Morgaro Gomis

Richie Foran. Not entirely sure why, but whenever he plays against Hearts my seethe levels go through the roof.

Did I mention McGeady?

I missed him, he's number 3 in my list with Frank McGarvey at 1 and Nacho Novo at 2.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I missed him, he's number 3 in my list with Frank McGarvey at 1 and Nacho Novo at 2.

An axis of arseholery. :yucky:

An axis of arseholery. :yucky:

Yup, I just need to hope I'm still playing fives when Nacho & McGeady turn up for a game. ;)

Dinger Bell

Gregor Stevens both at Motherwell and Rangers.However,he gave hope to all mediocre Amateur Players,that they could make It as a Pro.

queensferryjambo

Stevie Kirk - For hammering a dead ball into the Wheatfield stand and rendering a lass unconscious

He hammered the ball intentionally into the Tynecastle crowd twice (I think in the same season if not back to back seasons). He done it when playing one of his last games for Motherwell into the lower main stand but got away with it as nobody was injured. Then soon after playing for Falkirk when he injured the little girl.

******* ###### of a man.

Ivan sproule ( cos I never did get those clothes pegs he promised) Craig Burley, Christ Sutton, fernando ricksen, lee mcculloch, Kyle lafferty and Peter Grant

Peter Grant - Dirty moaning faced ..

Ian Durrant - always seemed to play well against us

Willie Miller (Aberdeen) - don't know, maybe I didn't like moustaches

Willie Miller (Hibs) dirty and toothless

Eion Jess - Always seemed to score against us

Gerry Crainey - Same as Jess

Scott Brown - dirty and he always looks like he's been dooking for chips

Leigh Jenkinson - spent boxing day or something at East End Park one year, never have I seen a worse player in a Hearts strip. Made Barasa look like Ronaldo. 0-0 was the score.

Fernando Ricksen - Thug

El Hadj Diouf - gobbing *******

Kyle "yer having a" Lafferty - Diving, feigning lanky streak of piss

Aiden McGeady - Riverdancing wee wummin features, traitor.

James McCarthy - another who chose the wrong side.

James McLean - bit of a bigot

Souness - supposed Hearts fan, but a right prick on the pitch

Roy Aitken - you could always hear his foghorn voice during games

Bobo Balde - a ******* animal

Dean Windass - looked a bit like sad sack, dirty bugger as well. Bruno sorted him out though.

The Chung Brothers - they were both crap

Gary Caldwell - has me looking at him in awe, wondering how the **** i never made it as a professional and the useless ***** did

• 11 months later...

I used to absolutely hate Dundee Utd player Darren Jackson he then signed for H1b5 which was a dream come true then Celtic which was the icing on the cake. Came to Hearts and then really liked him.

Darren Jackson has just been on STV Peter & Roughie Show.

They talked about how he was disliked by many fans. He said was Hearts was the only club where he got a good reception by the fans returning as an opposition player.

Interesting show if you get a chance to see. Said the only question Jim Jefferies asked him was "can you handle it (as an ex Hibs player). For those who don't know Darren was signed (in the era before transfer windows) with Hearts at/near bottom of league then went on run of 7 wins, 1 draw in last 9 games.

Another guy talking well of time at Hearts.

Archived