It should have been ten

trago13

If it had indeed been more than the 5 we actually got that fine lovely day in May, would it have changed how we torment that lot???

Think about it, 5-1 is actually perfect for a quick reminder, as seen by our very own 5-1 around the world, as seen by millions tonight watching our own lovely Jambo athlete and as seen by quite a few hibbies at every derby.

If we had scored 10 (as a lot of us think we could have) would this have changed our ability to rub it in quite so easily??? I know this might sound stupid but how do you do a 10-1??

Maybe our gaffer had this one covered for us and done us a favour!!

yes. he told the players to take it easy after the 4th went in and we did. i for one would have loved it if we hammered them. yes theyre broken, yes 5-1 is epic however a ever so slight part of me thinks what if. is that a good thing? because hibs fans dont realize how piss they played that glorious day in may

Imeantasong

I know this might sound stupid but how do you do a 10-1??

I know a way that would risk getting arrested :-)

Ha Ha, didn't think of that. Not sure i'd like to view the pictures on that thread tbf

It would be quite appropriate, as they are all pr!cks anyway :-)

I'm happy with the 5.

It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside knowing-and more importantly THEM knowing-that we could step it up and score anytime we wanted to.

That's right Hibees,we showed you mercy

:verysmug:

Although i am obviously delighted at 5. I am a little miffed that we didn't stick at least 2 more past them.

:seething:

The Internet

I'd rather we hit double figures tbh. You don't need a hand gesture to mock them about a 10-1 defeat in a cup final.

I'm happy with the 5.

It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside knowing-and more importantly THEM knowing-that we could step it up and score anytime we wanted to.

That's right Hibees,we showed you mercy

:spoton:

The Old Tolbooth

I'd rather we didn;t take our foot off their scrawny little necks in the fashion we did, we should really have had double figures in that game, the 5-1 gestures have been brilliant and will last for ever more, but just to hold up 10 fingers to them without even acknowledging their lucky 1, would have a lot more of them having one leg over the Waverley Bridge, last night with Eilidh Childs proves they'll never ever get over it

:pleasing:

I personally think it's unprofessional to purposefully 'go easy' on a team rather than it being respectful, but there you go....

10 we could deal with easy enough. The problems would have started at 11.

Whistleblower

Said at the time ,this was our chance to eclipse their 7-0 and we really should have went for it, leaving them with absolutely nothing over us

The Internet

As much as I wish we'd gone for a few more goals, we definitely wiped out their 7-0 :lol:

HawkeyeTheGnu2.0

Said at the time ,this was our chance to eclipse their 7-0 and we really should have went for it, leaving them with absolutely nothing over us

5-1 in a cup final, and the biggest Edinburgh derby in history eclipses 0-7 in a league fixture any day of the week.

HawkeyeTheGnu2.0

not for them it doesnt

I think that any chance thay ever had of being taken completely evapourated after the sequence of events following the 'relegation party' at Tynie!

To the day I die, I will NEVER forget the amazing Paulo Sergio indicating unambiguously how far forward Hearts were allowed to go, and how far back they were allowed to fall towards the end of that game.

Anyone got a video of that?

He knew they were broken, and being the gentleman that he was he stopped the Hearts squad from skewering the Vermian as they deserved.

A classy gesture from a classy and brilliant manager (remember he did this with someone else's squad, totally changed their style to a continental style and they had only really got into it in the few weeks before the Final).

And his Hearts team left Hibs dead, humiliated, shown for the frauds they are - and their "support" for the moronic part-timers we have always known them to be - but on a GLOBAL stage.

And (following on from the frequency the Vermian used the 7-0 thing before it became a "Malmo Moment"), we have 40+ years of 5-1 signs left to enjoy!

7-0 is straw clutching in the extreme.

Trust me,even they know it doesn't hold water with us anymore they just don't want to come out and say it.

To the day I die, I will NEVER forget the amazing Paulo Sergio indicating unambiguously how far forward Hearts were allowed to go, and how far back they were allowed to fall towards the end of that game.

He knew they were broken, and being the gentleman that he was he stopped the Hearts squad from skewering the Vermian as they deserved.

A classy gesture from a classy and brilliant manager (remember he did this with someone else's squad, totally changed their style to a continental style and they had only really got into it in the few weeks before the Final).

And his Hearts team left Hibs dead, humiliated, shown for the frauds they are - and their "support" for the moronic part-timers we have always known them to be - but on a GLOBAL stage.

And (following on from the frequency the Vermian used the 7-0 thing before it became a "Malmo Moment"), we have 40+ years of 5-1 signs left to enjoy!

I used to agree with that sentiment, however after those bitter tossers in their thousands tried anything to close down HMFC I really wish Sergio had let his team run riot!!

I said at the time when he brought Beattie on and played him deep in midfield that Sergio was doing them a favour.

Rudolf's Mate

We should have eclipsed the biggest score ever in a SC Final! It was my only slight criticism of Paulo in that game. No mercy should have been shown!

Jamboman1512

Would have loved it if we didn't go easy on them and scored a barrel load of goals but it is immensely pleasing when I see one of those numptys with a h1b5 licence plate, gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

gowestjambo

My one regret is we did not annihilate them 8-1 then the 0-7 would be finished.

In fact I will not be happy until we beat them 7-0 at easter road!

I disgree with this.

Whilst Hearts fans were beside themselves its about entertainment and 90 minutes of teams trying to score goals. To actively not try and score for over 1/3 of a game is against what I believe sport is about, which is beating your opposition first, then beating them by as much as possible and entertaining your fans.

Whilst 5-1 no doubt eclipses 7-0 in most peoples eyes. It statisically doesnt. Not that it is that important, but still, I'd personally prefer Hearts to have equalled or bettered that score when they had the opportunity. And we had at least one other opportunity to do so in the last decade (when Rix's Hearts went 4-0 up just after half time with Hibs down to 10 men).

Its not that important, but in my opinion "going easy" on a team is a pile of pish. Hibs deserved to be humiliated even more than they were that day. Its not about 11 professional players, its about 30000+ fans.

Walter Bishop

Haha nice try!!!

5-1 in the Scottish cup final out does your 7-0 2 point winning match ten fold!

Jake the Peg had an extra leg.

Diddle diddle diddle dum

Jambo, Goodbye

We should have eclipsed the biggest score ever in a SC Final! It was my only slight criticism of Paulo in that game. No mercy should have been shown!

Eclipsing 10-2 would be a massive feat.

Even if we'd beaten them 10-1, they'd still claim the clean sheet in the 7-0 as some sort of superior victory. No matter what we do, the Leith Straw Clutchers will try their best to find something :lol:

Hearts Heritage

The 0-7 is very easily 'written off'

Great team you had back then.

You Really should have won more than the League Cup that season.

Best team in the league but you only won 1 of the last 9 league games Chucked that away.

4-2 up in UEFA Cup QF lost 2nd leg 3-0 hard luck

Lost to Rangers in SF of the Scottish Cup.

Unlucky that season but still that result at New Year

Rudolf's Mate

Eclipsing 10-2 would be a massive feat.

Close but we all know they'd not have scored to make it 10-2 :wink:

Archived