Ravel Morrison

Tazio

The boy has proven to be a thug over and over. It's endemic in football, no other sport seems to compare

The Internet

Annoys me. I've seen him play a lot and he has absolute bags of ability, never mind potential, and is brilliant to watch. He's going to chuck it all away though, there's just so signs of him developing into a semi-mature human being.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Yet to see much of this 'talent'. Appears to be a Grade A ***** though.

? How much have you watched him?

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Alleged incident.

This.

Innocent until proven guilty folks.

loveofthegame

Fergie was right about him.

Interesting to see the "alleged" incident was back in his native Salford, the exact area that Fergie felt he had to get away from to have any chance of succeeding.

Don't know what Gershwin is on about as he has already shown moments of absolute genius in his stop/start career. You get the feeling he'll not get close to the heights that his ability could allow him though.

alwaysthereinspirit

Fergie knew

"Just make the 650,000 check out to Man Utd LLC then we'll be on our way"

Rudolf's Mate

I really don't get these players who have talent in abundance yet seem intent on throwing it away.

He can go back to being a pretend gangster in 10+ years once he's made a fortune. Jeez even knuckling down for 3-5 years could set him up for life.

You can only assume he doesn't care too much about playing football.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I really don't get these players who have talent in abundance yet seem intent on throwing it away.

He can go back to being a pretend gangster in 10+ years once he's made a fortune. Jeez even knuckling down for 3-5 years could set him up for life.

You can only assume he doesn't care too much about playing football.

He'll already be set up for life.

The boy has proven to be a thug over and over. It's endemic in football, no other sport seems to compare

Think it's to do with the backgrounds of the players. Football is generally regarded in this country as a working class sport where as other sports nowadays in this country are mostly associated with higher classes. In my opinion anyway.

Fort Vallance

Interesting that it happened in Manchester. SAF said he needed to get out of the goldfish bowl of Manchester. Seems to have been pretty much trouble free in London but obviously can't stay away. As a part time Hammers fan who'se seen him a couple of times it's particularly disappointing. I was hoping he would come back from QPR with a desire to play at the top level regularly.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Interesting that it happened in Manchester. SAF said he needed to get out of the goldfish bowl of Manchester. Seems to have been pretty much trouble free in London but obviously can't stay away. As a part time Hammers fan who'se seen him a couple of times it's particularly disappointing. I was hoping he would come back from QPR with a desire to play at the top level regularly.

In fairness, West Ham have treated him like shit.

It's endemic in football, no other sport seems to compare

The news over here in the US would suggest that American footballers are some way ahead...

Aye whats the chat about Allardyce basically saying if he didnae sign with his mates agency he wouldnae be getting in the team. Did that ever come to anything?

Fort Vallance

In fairness, West Ham have treated him like shit.

If you mean by not playing him regularly because Fat Sam doesn't like that style, he might feel that. I assume they still paid his wages though. So unless you're alluding to something else it's hardly like shit !

Fort Vallance

Aye whats the chat about Allardyce basically saying if he didnae sign with his mates agency he wouldnae be getting in the team. Did that ever come to anything?

Allardyce strongly denied it andthere was certainly nothing proven.

Think it's to do with the backgrounds of the players. Football is generally regarded in this country as a working class sport where as other sports nowadays in this country are mostly associated with higher classes. In my opinion anyway.

Not nowadays.

You need a small loan to afford a season ticket in the EPL.

Rudolf's Mate

He's on 15k pw at the moment which is a load of cash. I guess it depends how clever he is with his cash.

Fergie was right about him.

Interesting to see the "alleged" incident was back in his native Salford, the exact area that Fergie felt he had to get away from to have any chance of succeeding.

Don't know what Gershwin is on about as he has already shown moments of absolute genius in his stop/start career. You get the feeling he'll not get close to the heights that his ability could allow him though.

Saw him live at West Ham and QPR last season and he didn't exactly stand out. Obviously he can play football but absolute genius is stretching it a bit.

Rudolf's Mate

Not nowadays.

Southampton Jambo will come along and confirm however they had ST's on a par with SPFL clubs. Ours included.

The trouble with Ravel is that he keeps coming back to the beginning.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

If you mean by not playing him regularly because Fat Sam doesn't like that style, he might feel that. I assume they still paid his wages though. So unless you're alluding to something else it's hardly like shit !

badgering him to take on the same agent as Allardyce/Nolan and then ******* him off to QPR last season.

Ibrahim Tall

I seriously doubt it tbh, a semi intelligent person would be but based on his actions I seriously doubt he invests or saves a penny. You just need to look at fellow brainless footballer who've made millions to see how quick the good times go, Jos for example.

Matthew Le Tissier

Southampton Jambo will come along and confirm however they had ST's on a par with SPFL clubs. Ours included.

Not all i agree that ST prices down south are ridiculous. ?700 odd quid for the premium seats at St Marys

Rudolf's Mate

Not all i agree that ST prices down south are ridiculous. ?700 odd quid for the premium seats at St Marys

Admittedly I wasn't talking about premium. Sure you posted that the cheapest ticket at St Mary's was around ?400 or slightly less? I was meaning that you could get a ST at STM for around the same price as in SPFL although the category might differ.

Regal Kingston

No matter how bad he behaves there will always be a team that will 'take a chance' on him.

loveofthegame

Saw him live at West Ham and QPR last season and he didn't exactly stand out. Obviously he can play football but absolute genius is stretching it a bit.

I said "moments of absolute genius", big difference:

Any it is neither here nor there, he is going to end up in the jail at some point I'd imagine, possibly soon...

Admittedly I wasn't talking about premium. Sure you posted that the cheapest ticket at St Mary's was around ?400 or slightly less? I was meaning that you could get a ST at STM for around the same price as in SPFL although the category might differ.

London clubs seem to be expensive.The rest seem reasonable. Man City have one for ?300.Only drawback,they allocate the seat for you.

Fort Vallance

badgering him to take on the same agent as Allardyce/Nolan and then ******* him off to QPR last season.

As I said previously the there has been no evidence produced about the "badgering" and Fat Sam denied it. I'm certainly not ITK but anyone I've spoken to down there said he couldn't **** off to QPR quick enough. I suppose it all comes down to who you believe. Personally I wouldn't trust either of them.

As I said previously the there has been no evidence produced about the "badgering" and Fat Sam denied it. I'm certainly not ITK but anyone I've spoken to down there said he couldn't **** off to QPR quick enough. I suppose it all comes down to who you believe. Personally I wouldn't trust either of them.

Spot on. The truth be told we don't know what happened at West Ham. What we do know is that he apparently had an injury that he was refusing to play through at West Ham but he was happy to do so at QPR. Something wasn't right so both parties are better apart.

He's on 15k pw at the moment which is a load of cash. I guess it depends how clever he is with his cash.

Just a stab in the dark here, but I'm guessing not very! If he carries on like this he will end up at Hibs!

He's a stick on to finish his career at Hibs.

Nah, he'll end up at Selkirk after Hibs then Morton punt him :)

Not nowadays.

As a supporter yes, but from a players point of view, most are not from privileged backgrounds.

Nah, he'll end up at Selkirk after Hibs then Morton punt him :)

It's incredible to think that just over 6 years ago O Connor scored an equaliser against Arsenal for Birmingham. A lot of players can't help themselves but press the self destruct button.

hmfc_liam06

As a supporter yes, but from a players point of view, most are not from privileged backgrounds.

Yep, all you need is a ball and you're away.

grantaitchie8

You'd have thought he'd see what his old teammate Pogba was doing this season, for example playing in the champions league and the World Cup, and also where he's being touted for move to, realised what he could potentially do and knuckle down. He has so much potential it's incredible, and he's going to end up throwing it away. I thought for a bit last season that if he kept his form up he could end up in England's World Cup squad, this season will be important for him.

Nookie Bear

American football ?

Did him a f'n favour. I'd rather play for old saggy chops at QPR than for the fat dinosaur in charge at West Ham.

Nookie Bear

Did him a f'n favour. I'd rather play for old saggy chops at QPR than for the fat dinosaur in charge at West Ham.

Getting the vibe from this, and about 5000 other posts, that you're not a Big Sam Fan.

Yep, all you need is a ball and you're away.

Even that is debatable.

?60 for a pair of boots, ?40 for training gear, ?5 p/w for training, costs for petrol to and from games plus any other expenses that come with taking your kid to play football.

you're looking at close to ?500 a season just to get your kid playing football. It's a disgrace tbh! The SFA should be doing something about it! Anyways I could rant for days about the cost of grassroots football to the ordinary working family.

Back to your original point, what does his working class background have to do with his thuggish behaviour? There are millions of people who are from so-called working class backgrounds who do not go on to commit crimes. Likewise there are just as many people from middle/upper class backgrounds who engage in loutish behaviour.

loveofthegame

Even that is debatable.

?60 for a pair of boots, ?40 for training gear, ?5 p/w for training, costs for petrol to and from games plus any other expenses that come with taking your kid to play football.

you're looking at close to ?500 a season just to get your kid playing football. It's a disgrace tbh! The SFA should be doing something about it! Anyways I could rant for days about the cost of grassroots football to the ordinary working family.

Back to your original point, what does his working class background have to do with his thuggish behaviour? There are millions of people who are from so-called working class backgrounds who do not go on to commit crimes. Likewise there are just as many people from middle/upper class backgrounds who engage in loutish behaviour.

When you compare that to other sports it is negligible. Plus boots don't have to cost ?60, etc.

Football is an extremely cheap sport in the grand scheme.

Even that is debatable.

A lot of clubs nowadays will help players with boots and what not if they think they are a talent. I take on board what you're saying but more than likely he has grown up on a council estate and probably engaged in a lot of petty crime when he was younger like a lot of us have.

Not an excuse as such for commiting such crimes but it does play a part at times. Those from better upbringings are just as capable but those in other sports don't seem to hit the headlines.

Because football is so popular in this country, the media like to print any story that views players in a negative light. Rugby is very popular so had Ravel Morrison been a rugby he may still have hit the headlines but probably not front page. A hockey player for example would probably not even make the news unless it was a serious crime and even then, the fact he's a hockey player would probably be trivial in the media.

That's probably a whole other argument in it's own right but it's the way the media works. Leigh Griffiths for example was all over scottish papers for stealing a bottle of juice. Sums up everything that's wrong with the media.

Fort Vallance

And he's not the only one !

Archived